Feb 28, 2008
12 posts
154 upvotes

Get 4 Free Meals with Your First Order + $7.50 Rakuten Cash Back

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Chefs Plate
Sign up for Chefs Plate as a new customer through Rakuten and use the promo code AFF4FREEMEALS to "Get 4 Free Meals with Your First Order" + $7.50 Cash Back from Rakuten.

If you select a plan with 2 recipes and 2 servings, you just have to pay $6.00 upfront for delivery, but you will net +$1.50 after getting cash back from Rakuten.

The 4 free meals will only apply to the first order, so if you choose not to continue the service, remember to skip weeks and/or cancel the subscription.

Rakuten promotes the use of the AFF4FREEMEALS promo code, and so "Get Chefs Plate coupons and Chefs Plate promo codes in addition to $7.50 Cash" should apply.

Update (2020-04-05): Thank you to @bryceton for pointing out that GCR is offering $10.00 cash back (https://www.greatcanadianrebates.ca/det ... efs-Plate/).
Last edited by rolar on Apr 5th, 2020 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
91 replies
Aug 27, 2018
93 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton
Just ordered and sent cancellation email at the same time!
Aug 24, 2006
944 posts
423 upvotes
I dont understand why you would be using Rakuten when great Canadian rebates gives you an extra $2.50..
Dec 17, 2017
44 posts
86 upvotes
Said offer valid for new customers only. Tried using a different email and credit card. I guess one per address.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1392 posts
430 upvotes
Calgary
In case anyone's wondering what the meal options are for the week of April 15:
  • Classic Beef Bolognese
  • BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
  • Chinese Wonton Soup w/mushrooms
  • German Style Turkey Patties
  • Spicy Satay Chickpea Curry(v)
  • Mushroom and Ricotta Flatbreads(v)
  • Warm Pesto Chickpea Salad(v)
  • Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa-style Tacos(p)
  • Pastrami Spiced Salmon & Latkes w/dill sour cream(p)
  • Tex-mex Beef Mac and Cheese(p)
  • Honey Garlic Chicken & Rice(p)
  • Pork Gyro Pitas(p)
  • Indian Mushroom Korma Curry(p)
Items with (v) next to them are vegetarian, (p) indicates premium dish-add anywhere from $2.99-$4 per serving.
The menu for the week of April 22 looks better tbh.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9547 posts
1097 upvotes
GTA
bryceton wrote: I dont understand why you would be using Rakuten when great Canadian rebates gives you an extra $2.50..
Maybe OP didn't know.. Thanks for pointing it out!

I want to use my referral link to invite people, anyone know if they can use the GreatCanadianRebate and enter in part of the URL to still get the $40 off and I can get the referral credit still?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1332 posts
2497 upvotes
Markham
Mac and Cheese is considered premium? :facepalm:
Nov 21, 2011
165 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody else getting this message?
"Oops! Our payment processor didn't load."
Oct 21, 2009
675 posts
596 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Maybe OP didn't know.. Thanks for pointing it out!

I want to use my referral link to invite people, anyone know if they can use the GreatCanadianRebate and enter in part of the URL to still get the $40 off and I can get the referral credit still?
No, the point of sites like GCR and Rakuten is for them to get the affiliate commission and for their members to get some of that too. E.g. if Chef Plate is paying them $40 per member who signs up, they can offer $6.50 of that back to the member.
Aug 24, 2006
944 posts
423 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: Mac and Cheese is considered premium? :facepalm:
Don't worry from my understanding the premium upcharge doesn't apply if you just get the 2 item pack with using the coupon (for the first week only!)
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
10360 posts
2587 upvotes
Scarberia
Welcome to Chefs Plate!
Your first delivery will arrive on:
Tuesday, April xx between 8am - 8pm

Classic Plan
2 Recipes, 2 Servings

Weekly Delivery Day
Tuesday (8am - 8pm)
ot: did anyone get rakuten to REMOVE there 15$ cb on chefsplate from last weeks 15$cb promo? i seen my cashback there last week but now i don't see the 15$...hellofresh is still there tho, might have to make an inquiry
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Mar 26, 2009
235 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. We've tried Good Food, Hello Fresh but not yet Chef's Plate. Based on the menu alone, I still think Good Food is the best of the meal services from quality and offerings. I put in an order for April 15th, we'll see what CP is all about.