Expired Hot Deals

[Chefs Plate] Get 4 Free Meals with Your First Order + $7.50 Rakuten Cash Back

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 11:17 pm
May 4, 2008
397 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
I tried Chefs Plate last week and was impressed. The recipes aren't as creative as Goodfood, but I found the portions to be a bit larger. The freshness and quality of the ingredients was good too.

For me, I'd rank it as:

1) Chefs Plate
2) Goodfood
3) Hello Fresh
Aug 27, 2018
93 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton
Bzzzzt wrote: Won't that cancel your free order as well?
I was very clear in the email, and they responded with confirmation they did as I asked.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40655 posts
6217 upvotes
Given COVID, are these handled and shipped properly?
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 20, 2013
892 posts
362 upvotes
Scarborough
djemzine wrote: Given COVID, are these handled and shipped properly?
The food is going to be thermal treated. The virus won't stand that one. You can handle the boxes with gloves and clean them with Lysol wipes, if you will find any :D.
Jul 20, 2009
257 posts
399 upvotes
Received my order last week, still no cash back on Rakuten - I signed up when it was $15. I feel like it got messed up and will take a while for them to figure out.

I've tried Hello Fresh and Chef's Plate so far. I found Hello Fresh to be better recipes and easier to follow. Chef's Plate has really good portions for two people, definitely better than Hello Fresh for quantity. The produce for Chef's Plate had seen better days.
Jun 9, 2006
81 posts
4 upvotes
Repentigny
Tellybelly wrote: You can send an email or phone their cancellation department to cancel. From their website "Please call us at (647)-695-3265 or email us at cancellation@chefsplate.com"
I wish there was a way to temporarily unsubscribe. Unfortunately you must connect every week to skip two weeks in advance. Terrible system imo. Plus you must send an email or call to cancel! Feels like they are trying to keep us prisoner.
One thing I can tell for sure: Because of this approach, once a customer cancels its subscription, he will never come back! No one wants to be a prisoner.
I unsubscribed from Netflix many times, but I always come back when there is new content I want to watch.

On a positive side, the food is fresh and very good!
But if you are environment-savvy, this is not for you. Lots of plastic and single-use packaging.
Nov 13, 2006
957 posts
308 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
nakrad wrote: I wish there was a way to temporarily unsubscribe. Unfortunately you must connect every week to skip two weeks in advance. Terrible system imo.
You can click on "Delivery Schedule" in the top menu bar and it brings up a calendar. I was able to skip the next five weeks in advance.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
1978 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks OP, meals look meh but buys me some time from having to buy groceries haha.
Dec 14, 2006
785 posts
298 upvotes
I ordered 3 meals of 2 servings. It totaled $19.98, then flipped back to 50% off ($29.97) when processing PayPal.
I emailed for a correction, and no response yet. Cancelled future payments on PP.
Hopefully, the food is better than their system.
Jan 15, 2013
244 posts
168 upvotes
Can you cancel right after ordering before your delivery date or do you have to wait but until after delivery?
Nov 8, 2012
766 posts
222 upvotes
So, I chose the two meals I ordered, but how do you choose what the 4 free meals will be?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1915 posts
531 upvotes
Gave this a try, good time to do it.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
1935 posts
695 upvotes
Vancouver
OttRFD wrote: So, I chose the two meals I ordered, but how do you choose what the 4 free meals will be?
Just found out, 2 servings of 2 meals becomes 4 servings with promo code.
Nov 30, 2011
169 posts
101 upvotes
How long does GCR take to register $10?