• Apr 12th, 2021 1:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1038 posts
147 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario

Is Chegg worth it? Any group buys?

As the title says, is Chegg worth it? And are there any group buys?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3105 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
Chegg is the easiest way of getting caught cheating. University profs intentionally post wrong solutions and catch cheaters.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Mar 6, 2015
939 posts
100 upvotes
osuman wrote: Chegg is the easiest way of getting caught cheating. University profs intentionally post wrong solutions and catch cheaters.
How? or is this a supported statement?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3105 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
cybercavalier wrote: How? or is this a supported statement?
Just search Chegg in any uni subreddit.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Mar 6, 2015
939 posts
100 upvotes
osuman wrote: Just search Chegg in any uni subreddit.
:rolleyes: Electric Light Bulb. So may I say that subreddit / reddit is a more comprehensive source of student information than rfd?
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3105 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
cybercavalier wrote: :rolleyes: Electric Light Bulb. So may I say that subreddit / reddit is a more comprehensive source of student information than rfd?
Well yeah, I don't know why people would use redflagdeals forum for student questions when there are dedicated forums for that. Sometimes there are obviously exceptions though.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1038 posts
147 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
[quote=osuman post_id=34326918 time=1618060829 user_id=564309]
Well yeah, I don't know why people would use redflagdeals forum for student questions when there are dedicated forums for that. Sometimes there are obviously exceptions though.
[/quote]

This students forum is not for questions? My apologies! I’ll try and delete the post.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1038 posts
147 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
[quote=cybercavalier post_id=34326875 time=1618059863 user_id=1166845]
:rolleyes: 💡. So may I say that subreddit / reddit is a more comprehensive source of student information than rfd?
[/quote]

Yeah I posted on Reddit and there and no replies. Maybe it’s because it’s close to exam time.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3105 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
Shaynelle wrote: This students forum is not for questions? My apologies! I’ll try and delete the post.
Thats not what I meant. You can find better responses by searching on uni subreddits, or just googling "reddit uoft chegg"
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Aug 30, 2020
49 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cybercavalier wrote: How? or is this a supported statement?
I'll second that as a supported statement. Using it is usually beyond stupid. There's plenty of stuff on the internet and from profs that proves this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1038 posts
147 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
[quote=CarterC020424 post_id=34327953 time=1618079070 user_id=1532794]
I'll second that as a supported statement. Using it is usually beyond stupid. There's plenty of stuff on the internet and from profs that proves this.
[/quote]

So are you basically calling me stupid for asking a question in a students forum because you feel there’s better places on the internet to ask my question? I don’t get your point.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1038 posts
147 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
[quote=osuman post_id=34327780 time=1618075928 user_id=564309]
Thats not what I meant. You can find better responses by searching on uni subreddits, or just googling "reddit uoft chegg"
[/quote]

So it appears you think I shouldn’t ask questions on RFD that can be found elsewhere on the internet?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3105 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
Shaynelle wrote: So it appears you think I shouldn’t ask questions on RFD that can be found elsewhere on the internet?
Learn to read. I answered your question, and answered the other guys question which had nothing to do with you. :facepalm:
If you continue to be so hostile don't bother replying.
¯\_(・_・)_/¯
Mar 6, 2015
939 posts
100 upvotes
CarterC020424 wrote: I'll second that as a supported statement. Using it is usually beyond stupid. There's plenty of stuff on the internet and from profs that proves this.
Shaynelle wrote: So are you basically calling me stupid for asking a question in a students forum because you feel there’s better places on the internet to ask my question? I don’t get your point.
osuman wrote: Learn to read. I answered your question, and answered the other guys question which had nothing to do with you. :facepalm:
If you continue to be so hostile don't bother replying.
To be fair, Osuman stated that Chegg is used to catch cheating and he was replying to my question about the statement's truthfulness. While CarterC020424 was putting sentences of support to Osuman's claim, Shaynelle is not happy about the sentences. Have I understood correctly? My apologies if my question created un-pleasantness.

So far Osuman have already stated the viewpoint, I guess Osuman has the right timing to stay away from Shaynelle's not being happy.
Aug 30, 2020
49 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shaynelle wrote: So are you basically calling me stupid for asking a question in a students forum because you feel there’s better places on the internet to ask my question? I don’t get your point.
Not at all and I'm not sure why/how you came to such a conclusion. I said that I (a current university student) am seconding osuman's point. I also said that other resources on the internet would agree with both of us AND that it would be foolish to use such a resource. You asked if chegg is worth it, I merely replied to your question.
Doing research is part of being an academic and by asking this question, you're doing exactly that. There's nothing "stupid" about asking a question in a forum so that you can come to your own conclusion by consulting other people. Nothing of what I or anyone else said here implied that you're "stupid".
Mar 6, 2015
939 posts
100 upvotes
CarterC020424 wrote: I said that I (a current university student) am seconding osuman's point.
Hey my friend, would you mind recommend us some resources on the internet that help like how Chegg was intended originally?
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6428 posts
1577 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cybercavalier wrote: Hey my friend, would you mind recommend us some resources on the internet that help like how Chegg was intended originally?
Theres also coursehero, you can prob buy unlocks for cheap on ebay

Just be careful and never copy and paste. Use it as a guide