Shopping Discussion

!!!~Chelsea Premium Outlets experience in Waterloo, NY~!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2013 4:39 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 22, 2008
18 posts
23 upvotes
OTTAWA

!!!~Chelsea Premium Outlets experience in Waterloo, NY~!!!

Random Mystery Tour:
Just to let everyone know I went to Waterloo, NY's Outlet center and found the most insane prices with clothing and apparel! I got the idea of going from 2 other members/friends of redflagdeals, and I chose to go in September's Labor Day long weekend, not considering back to school sales.

Almost everything I bought was reduced from it's already low Outlet price up to 50-60% off!!! I saved hundreds off the total merchandise I purchased. I think this is one of the best times of year to shop for anything... By far, the greatest shopping experience I've ever had.

One example of prices I'd pay in Ottawa, Canada - vs - my Waterloo experience on average for most of the outlets I visited:

GAP
3 Gap long sleeve form fit shirts
- regular in Ottawa: $24.99
- Outlet regular price: $16.99, reduced to $5.00 each
1 Gap white dress shirt
- regular in Ottawa: $60
- Outlet regular price: $29.99, found on clearance for $10.00! (amazing shirt)

I'd like to hear if anyone else has gone on this mystery tour and what your comments are, if there are better deals elsewhere, if you had bad experiences and what to watch out for...

Cheers!
32 replies
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
4 upvotes
Yes the Chelsea Premium outlets are pretty awesome in the USA. I'd say the actual best time to go is during American Thanksgiving ... or it would at least be on par with back to school. Some pretty crazy deals indeed.

I've never been to the ones in NY ... but they have a massive one in Wrentham, Mass. Quite a bit bigger than the ones in Chicago (I've been there too).
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2040 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
if you like to shop US outlets, thanksgiving (US) is a good time to go. Equivalent to canadian boxing day. gets busy though.

edit: ^ beat me to it heh
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
4 upvotes
tragd wrote: if you like to shop US outlets, thanksgiving (US) is a good time to go. Equivalent to canadian boxing day. gets busy though.
Beat you by less than a minute and I typed more too :D
Aug 13, 2006
832 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
what the hell is a "random mystery tour"???
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Any experience of Prime Outlets at Grove City. I am planning to visit that place sometime at the end of September.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15862 posts
4380 upvotes
Markham
karswel wrote: Random Mystery Tour:
Just to let everyone know I went to Waterloo, NY's Outlet center and found the most insane prices with clothing and apparel! I got the idea of going from 2 other members/friends of redflagdeals, and I chose to go in September's Labor Day long weekend, not considering back to school sales.

Almost everything I bought was reduced from it's already low Outlet price up to 50-60% off!!! I saved hundreds off the total merchandise I purchased. I think this is one of the best times of year to shop for anything... By far, the greatest shopping experience I've ever had.

One example of prices I'd pay in Ottawa, Canada - vs - my Waterloo experience on average for most of the outlets I visited:

GAP
3 Gap long sleeve form fit shirts
- regular in Ottawa: $24.99
- Outlet regular price: $16.99, reduced to $5.00 each
1 Gap white dress shirt
- regular in Ottawa: $60
- Outlet regular price: $29.99, found on clearance for $10.00! (amazing shirt)

I'd like to hear if anyone else has gone on this mystery tour and what your comments are, if there are better deals elsewhere, if you had bad experiences and what to watch out for...

Cheers!
If you sign up, you can log in and print extra discount coupons
Waterloo. NY has Coach outlet
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=9

and if you live in Montreal or Ottawa this one is closer to you
Woodbury Outlet ...has Coach and Gucci outlet
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15862 posts
4380 upvotes
Markham
leafnation5 wrote: Any experience of Prime Outlets at Grove City. I am planning to visit that place sometime at the end of September.
I heard that you don't have to pay tax in Grove City
Nov 29, 2006
988 posts
300 upvotes
Have been going to Waterloo, NY almost every March break to shop. Very quite place but you find good bargains. My hubby likes to check out Haggar every time in the clearance section, last time he picked some silk mens short and long sleeves shirt for $5.99 each... good quality. and myself, always get something from Coach and for my kids, of course The Childrens Place. Don't forget to show your CAA card at the Customer Service in food court to get the discount coupon.
Sep 6, 2008
111 posts
1 upvote
Hello all,

How is the clothing selection at the Woodbury and Waterloo Outlets? How do they compare to the Niagara Outlets?

Elmer Fudd
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to West Virginia for two or three day. I believe Grove CIty Outlet mall is on the way. I am planning to stay for a day at Grove City.

I am from Mississauga.

Any links/ deals for hotel booking in and around grove city
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2005
1140 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
leafnation5 wrote: Any experience of Prime Outlets at Grove City. I am planning to visit that place sometime at the end of September.
No tax on clothing or accessories in PA. Lots of cheap places to stay around Grove City (Mercer) as well. Priceline is a good site to use to book hotel rooms in the area. CAA Members get a free VIP card which gives you additional savings at the outlet.
R.I.P. Prodigy
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2253 posts
31 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: If you sign up, you can log in and print extra discount coupons
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=9

and if you live in Montreal or Ottawa this one is closer to you
Woodbury Outlet ...
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7
How much closer is it to drive from Montreal/Ottawa to Woodbury than Toronto to Woodbury??
Jul 14, 2005
436 posts
28 upvotes
We go at least once a year. Join the VIP club (Online) and you can download coupons for further discounts in most of the stores.

Furthermore, by doing some good searches online you can usually find coupons that will be even better.

For example last time we went I found a 40% off entire purchase at Timberland (including sale items) and also a 40% off at Reebok, Rockport and group.

Such coupons are really great. There are also lots of coupons outt here for Osh Kosh and the other kids stores - and if you have kids that outgrow stuff quickly they really help.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7466 posts
693 upvotes
Toronto
And this is a hot deal how? Try Shopping Discussion.
Dec 24, 2007
362 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I was there last year. It's true you don't have to pay taxes on what you buy. The deals from what I remember were quite good. I bought a pair of Nike Shox for $20. If you buy something from the Nike store and then return it, they give you an additional discount like 10-15% off your next purchase. That's what I got anyways.
Jul 14, 2005
436 posts
28 upvotes
elmer_fudd wrote: Hello all,

How is the clothing selection at the Woodbury and Waterloo Outlets? How do they compare to the Niagara Outlets?

Elmer Fudd
I presume you are talking about the Niagara US outlets as the Canadian Niagara outlets are a joke.

I have always found piles of extra coupons for the Waterloo and Woodbury (owned by the Chelsea group). The Niagara US (which I believe are now called the Fashion outlets) I was at recently and found the selection quite poor.

In fact last time we did an outlet trip we drove to Waterloo and then to the Niagara US outlets. Waterlloo was definitely better for us - but if your into really high ticket items like Coach and Burberry etc then Fashion Outlets it is.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
1180 posts
104 upvotes
The Grove city outlet is worth the drive and you will find yourself shopping for hours there. Much better than the crap you find at the Buffalo outlets and alot safer as well. Remember that a 24 hour leave gives you $40 duty free, 48 hours, $400, 7 days $750 per person.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3745 posts
1713 upvotes
Everything in Waterloo, NY is charged 8% sales tax. If you go to Grove City, there is no tax on clothes (including shoes), and everything else is only taxed 6%. Also, for some strange reason there is no tax on soft drinks and potato chips in PA.

To get from Toronto to Waterloo, NY would take 3 hours 20 mins straight driving. From Toronto to Grove City would take a little over 4 hours. Also, the outlet at Grove City is massive (I think they are up to almost 200 stores now). The tolls are cheaper if you go to Grove City ($2.85 vs. $4.30). Also, if you go to Grove City, it's only about 45 mins remaining to go to Pittsburgh (which is actually a beautiful city) and has some decent shopping as well.

I prefer shopping in PA and I will be probably going there for Black Friday as Grove City is open at midnight. :) I bought all my Xmas presents last year from Grove City and Pittsburgh.