• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 1:32 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15950 posts
6134 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:25 pm
Never understood why cashier's are so stingy. When I worked at Walmart as cashier, I'd price match almost anything, as long as it fit the criteria (and I'd be very liberal with the criteria).

At the end of the day, I get paid the same. Someone who lives in my city gets a great deal. And the trillion dollar company that is Walmart barely feels a difference.
A lot of it comes down to the attitude people have when dealing with service staff. I'm sure you found that people who gave you attitude received less leeway from you. While I know there are many good people on RFD, reading through threads I also know there are some entitled people who will argue with a "customer is always right" attitude.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1108 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 10:57 pm
A lot of it comes down to the attitude people have when dealing with service staff. I'm sure you found that people who gave you attitude received less leeway from you. While I know there are many good people on RFD, reading through threads I also know there are some entitled people who will argue with a "customer is always right" attitude.
Care to share your experience? What is the right attitude? Begging a cashier for $15 discount after she/he rejected a price match policy which is also a part of his/her job duty.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
11759 posts
1623 upvotes
redpearl99 wrote:
Jul 10th, 2019 1:21 pm
I got the bucket for $19.99 at Highway 7/Leslie
ill try tomorrow. thats 3155 is woodbine........
Mar 31, 2008
719 posts
428 upvotes
Airdrie
tunglete wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:04 pm
Care to share your experience? What is the right attitude? Begging a cashier for $15 discount after she/he rejected a price match policy which is also a part of his/her job duty.
I think what he meant was be nice and courteous and if they say no don't sweat it, try again with someone else or say see ya later. Not that there is a secret but being nicer may increase your chances. Use please and thank-yous, don't expect a certain outcome, don't argue and quote your rights under consumer law.

That's the nature of the beast with YMMV, not everyone will get this deal, no need to take frustrations out on the employee.
Sep 7, 2017
252 posts
149 upvotes
Technically it’s a clearance price, so no obligation or policy to price match. That being said, I have had good experiences price matching and price adjusting at Home Depot, and they have adjusted prices to match clearance sales at other stores. I was able to get the bucket for $20. Also had good luck price adjusting for the colour hue bulbs and rigid shop vacs number of weeks ago and even went back for additional adjustment when the price lowered. To be technical, it was not entered as a price match. But another reason code for price adjustment. I’ve been in line at HD seeing jerks with major attitude demanding price matches. It’s shameful and these people looking at themselves in the mirror everyday don’t even realize how poor their conduct is. Well it benefits those of us who know how to handle ourselves even if we have to fake it sometimes with a crusty cashier or manager.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2542 posts
1680 upvotes
No Bum Deals
If anyone manages success today please post your receipt thanks!
🢂 😃 🢀
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1841 posts
1210 upvotes
Markham
mcwilly wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:52 pm
I think what he meant was be nice and courteous and if they say no don't sweat it, try again with someone else or say see ya later. Not that there is a secret but being nicer may increase your chances. Use please and thank-yous, don't expect a certain outcome, don't argue and quote your rights under consumer law.

That's the nature of the beast with YMMV, not everyone will get this deal, no need to take frustrations out on the employee.
Pretty much this. I used to work in IT support early in my career and if you’re a d-bag and plain old dick when demanding support, I’d make you run circles and submit a ticket (as you should) or get authorization or just take my time helping you. If you’re polite and a good person, I’d be more inclined to help, even without a ticket or other office politics.

Back on topic, for those of you with ceramic coated cars, I asked about the detailer and soap that comes with the bucket and got this response:
Hello,

The Speed Wipe is pH neutral, but not the Citrus Wash & Gloss. Here are some recommendations:

https://www.chemicalguys.com/hydrosuds- ... 21216.html

https://www.chemicalguys.com/carbon-fle ... ailer.html

Cordially,

Robert Turner | Chemical Guys

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2542 posts
1680 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Success! Thanks OP and all. I thought price matching was a no go.

Nice lady at customer service I was passing Harmony Rd Oshawa. Bought 2.
🢂 😃 🢀
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2004
1752 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
pooper wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 12:13 pm
Success! Thanks OP and all. I thought price matching was a no go.

Nice lady at customer service I was passing Harmony Rd Oshawa. Bought 2.
Can you post your receipt from the Oshawa HD - might make a drive there today. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2542 posts
1680 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Dragon120 wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 12:38 pm
Can you post your receipt from the Oshawa HD - might make a drive there today. Thank you.
All I showed her was the OPs yellow reduced pic from post #1.
No problemmo she said.
Then trying to find the suckers was the hardest part. They are snookied away at the front of the store towards the timber dept stuck behind some appliances.
Good luck!
🢂 😃 🢀
Jul 9, 2017
24 posts
23 upvotes
CSRs denied price match at 3 Home Depots.

Fouth time's a charm?
Sep 1, 2015
111 posts
115 upvotes
Surrey, BC
UmarF7302 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 9:25 pm
Never understood why cashier's are so stingy. When I worked at Walmart as cashier, I'd price match almost anything, as long as it fit the criteria (and I'd be very liberal with the criteria).

At the end of the day, I get paid the same. Someone who lives in my city gets a great deal. And the trillion dollar company that is Walmart barely feels a difference.
Because the corporations do a good job at isolating you from the ordinary customer and into being a 'representative' for their organization. Think of it like a fanboy/stan. Look how many people will waste their time and energy and get into wars to support said companies.

The cashiers don't see people coming in for deals as 'themselves'. They see a greedy RFD'er trying to take advantage of their poor employer. These are the same saps that will bend over backwards and be utilized like crazy. I've found suburb stores are usually more lax than the high pressure urban or downtown stores. The reps and cashiers are usually stingy if I was to be in Vancouver as opposed to say Langley etc.

Always be polite. YMMV also meana don't take it to heart. Tey again with another rep, another store, another day, another time.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

Thackers