Off Topic

Cherry blossoms - Toronto High Park [2020] - High Park Closed - Live Feed Live

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2020 10:01 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
Wow that looks nice. I didn't know Toronto had a park like that. I was actually disappointed as I scrolled through this thread since I thought I had missed it already. Then I noticed the posts are from last year! Great timing.
Banned
Oct 28, 2003
1741 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg, Mb
wow great timing. I'm actually heading over to TO this weekend.

Are they still in full bloom?
beep beep bop beep bup
Aug 10, 2003
87 posts
v_tofu wrote: wow great timing. I'm actually heading over to TO this weekend.

Are they still in full bloom?
They haven't bloomed yet by the looks of it
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9668 posts
1164 upvotes
GTA
I am glad someone bumped this up. I was googling around to see what the status was. Looks like next weekend might be good timing. Looking forward to it. I highly suggest being there for the " I Love Promise" event too. They are a group that plays trance/electronic music with a portable speaker system. It was cool last year when they were there (if you are into that kind of music).
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11913 posts
2112 upvotes
Mississauga
I was driving in Oakville earlier today and noticed that a house near my sister had a blossoming cherry tree so I figure the ones in High Park are about that stage as well. I hope to head down there next weekend to practice with my DSLR.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2005
1547 posts
89 upvotes
North York
I have two cherry trees in my backyard... they are budding now but no blossoms yet.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2005
9945 posts
1827 upvotes
Toronto
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
1238 posts
17 upvotes
any possible chance that they'll bloom by wednesday?
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
422 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
cuongp wrote: any possible chance that they'll bloom by wednesday?
In two days??? Doubtful.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
Is there a festival at High Park to celebrate the occasion? If not, there ought to be!
Aug 22, 2008
805 posts
26 upvotes
Great pics rfdrfd! Kyoto?
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1832 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how long they stay in bloom? I was thinking of going this weekend, but I'm worried they might not be in full bloom yet, and if I wait until next weekend, I'm worried it may be too late.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
422 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
EbonyRose wrote: Does anyone know how long they stay in bloom? I was thinking of going this weekend, but I'm worried they might not be in full bloom yet, and if I wait until next weekend, I'm worried it may be too late.
Usually its about a week or two, I know that when they first bloom they're in that white-ish light pink color, similar to the pics posted by rfdrfd. For them to be the full pink color it happens by the 2nd week or late first week then the petals fall off.

If you go on the weekend there's bound to be lots of folks there, they might get in your shots. Go on a weekday, less people.