• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2020 10:01 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
Still full bloom as of yesterday

Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: any sensible person would know that there are other locations in Toronto. There's a good 30 trees in the east end with very limited ppl over the weekend. I actually got a lot of pix of the family without being photobombed lol
share location ;)
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
Beautiful day today for blossoms Cherry Blossom

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto

Jan 2, 2019
348 posts
51 upvotes
I see no point in making the trek down to High Park just to see cherry blossom. They're everywhere in Toronto, I just go to my local park and I'll see some cherry blossom trees.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6651 posts
2903 upvotes
the last 3-4 years has been a very poor showing. But previous to that, you had a mini-forest of white cherry blossom pedals that cant be replicated with a few trees.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11908 posts
2105 upvotes
Mississauga
A lot of the streets near where I live, including my very own backyard, have crabapple trees that have blooms just as beautiful as the cherry trees. Plus they're also highly fragrant. I don't really feel the need to go to High Park.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote: the last 3-4 years has been a very poor showing. But previous to that, you had a mini-forest of white cherry blossom pedals that cant be replicated with a few trees.

Agree..it wasn't as fully bloomed as before

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
maybe too early to tell but cherry blossoms are popping early in other parts of the world due to warm weather

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... f-warming/

for toronto.. maybe mid april?

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/03/her ... loom-year/

all signs are pointing to a possible bloom at some point between late April to early May."

It is of note that Vancouver and parts of Japan saw their cherry blossoms bud in February this year and are both predicting earlier-than-usual peak blooms, which typically last between 4 and 10 days.

Oct 17, 2008
494 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Should just put camera there for people to watch from home....lol....no cars, no people....just pure nature.....we won't see that for another decade or two....better be thankful !!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9087 posts
3898 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.sakurainhighpark.com/blog/2 ... ally-begun

EARLY BLOOMERS AROUND THE WORLD
The last few weeks have seen headlines from around the world showing cherry blossoms blooming earlier than usual due to the warming weather patterns. Vancouver began its bloom in late February! Tokoyo and other parts of Japan are already predicting their blossoms will bloom a few days earlier than last year.

So how will Toronto and High Park cherry blossoms fair this year?

It’s far too early to accurately predict and usually requires a number of visits for me to get a handle on the pace of development as well as correlating how they will react to the ever-unpredictable weather. We did have an early-season back in 2012, so time will tell. But for now, all signs are pointing to a possible bloom at some point between late April to early May.

I hope you join me in following the blog for a brand new sakura cherry blossom season and watch for more updates and info to come soon.

March 9, 2020

https://www.instagram.com/sakurahighpark/