• Aug 15th, 2018 5:01 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London

Chevrolet 0% Financing

Hi everybody,

I am planning to financing a 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE (preferred) or SS 1LE. Chevrolet now has 0% financing promotion until August 31. I was wondering how much extra discount (reasonable) I can expect besides the 0%. Will GM have better discount in December? It will be 2019MY.
I am in London, is there any gentle dealer with in 200km? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
QQ
16 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13307 posts
7645 upvotes
Toronto
ZhiqiangW20213 wrote: Hi everybody,

I am planning to financing a 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE (preferred) or SS 1LE. Chevrolet now has 0% financing promotion until August 31. I was wondering how much extra discount (reasonable) I can expect besides the 0%. Will GM have better discount in December? It will be 2019MY.
I am in London, is there any gentle dealer with in 200km? Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
QQ
As always, take the 'invoice', minus and incentives, add 2% (start @ 2 perhaps), add freight/pdi and taxes to get a starting number. As for other promos, hard to say, GM always has a 20% off MSRP but rarely with 0%. Side note, had a 2009 SS2 and it was a beast. You will love it.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London
Thank you, Koffey! I got the dealer cost from Unhanggle. I will start at 2%,

Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
4673 posts
2237 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote: As always, take the 'invoice', minus and incentives, add 2% (start @ 2 perhaps), add freight/pdi and taxes to get a starting number. As for other promos, hard to say, GM always has a 20% off MSRP but rarely with 0%. Side note, had a 2009 SS2 and it was a beast. You will love it.
20% off $60k is decent. When do they usually have that?
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London
koffey wrote: October or November IIRC. Included the vette as well if I'm not mistaken. We had a huge thread discussion about it.
I assumed 20% off is cash purchase. Probably not camaro SS, ZL1 and corvette.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London
koffey wrote: October or November IIRC. Included the vette as well if I'm not mistaken. We had a huge thread discussion about it.
I guess the rate may be high with 20% off MSRP, like the ford employee pricing now.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13307 posts
7645 upvotes
Toronto
Hard to find the specific 20% thread, think it lines up with the title chevolet black friday or something but here are some of the old threads that I could find.

current-pricing-c7-corvette-2092246/
what-happens-non-demand-vehicles-lots-2 ... #p27238087
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London
Test drove one 1LE this afternoon and the sale representative said there ‘s only $450 discount from Chevrolet and no discount from the dealership. I also emailed a few dealships around, and most of them replied that they have only one Ss LE on the lot and not any discount.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4619 upvotes
Montreal
ZhiqiangW20213 wrote: Test drove one 1LE this afternoon and the sale representative said there ‘s only $450 discount from Chevrolet and no discount from the dealership. I also emailed a few dealships around, and most of them replied that they have only one Ss LE on the lot and not any discount.
That is correct. Only $450 if you finance. There is $3500 incentives if you pay cash. Just like the Subaru thread, you can only get one not both incentives, either 0% for 60 months or $3500 off if you pay cash. I doubt you`d get even a dollar off, there is hardly any supply of 1LE in the country. Out the door that's a $66,000 loan you are taking out. You may want to think about that and let reality set in.

Alternatively you could go for a a new V6 1LE for $40,175. There is also a Krypton Green 2017 1LE in Vaughn for $47,000, 4000km but you'd have to come up with the cash to buy that. Another idea, wait until the weather cools off in November, that is the best time to buy any sportscar but then you'd have to wait until spring to really enjoy it.
[OP]
Aug 9, 2018
7 posts
3 upvotes
London
ottofly wrote: That is correct. Only $450 if you finance. There is $3500 incentives if you pay cash. Just like the Subaru thread, you can only get one not both incentives, either 0% for 60 months or $3500 off if you pay cash. I doubt you`d get even a dollar off, there is hardly any supply of 1LE in the country. Out the door that's a $66,000 loan you are taking out. You may want to think about that and let reality set in.

Alternatively you could go for a a new V6 1LE for $40,175. There is also a Krypton Green 2017 1LE in Vaughn for $47,000, 4000km but you'd have to come up with the cash to buy that. Another idea, wait until the weather cools off in November, that is the best time to buy any sportscar but then you'd have to wait until spring to really enjoy it.
Thank you ottofly! Your comments make me calm down. I may wait until November. If the SS 1LE is hot all the year, I just move to the 2019 MY although the front looks a bit not beautiful to me.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2012
2322 posts
1068 upvotes
ontario
If my buying experience last year is any indications, the biggest GM discounts occur in Oct. / Nov. but by then, the inventory dwindles. I bought my truck last August at 0%, had I waited till Oct, the factory incentive was increased by a couple of grand and the 0% was still going.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10811 posts
3103 upvotes
Toronto
esoxhntr wrote: If my buying experience last year is any indications, the biggest GM discounts occur in Oct. / Nov. but by then, the inventory dwindles. I bought my truck last August at 0%, had I waited till Oct, the factory incentive was increased by a couple of grand and the 0% was still going.
Yes. Best deal is toward end of the year when they are despite to get rid of current years model. BUT mind you the selections will be very limited. If you are picky on the particular color or trim level. They may not have it available unless you buying the 2019 new models which you can customize you own car but deal won't be as attractive as the clearance one.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4619 upvotes
Montreal
MP3_SKY wrote: Yes. Best deal is toward end of the year when they are despite to get rid of current years model. BUT mind you the selections will be very limited. If you are picky on the particular color or trim level. They may not have it available unless you buying the 2019 new models which you can customize you own car but deal won't be as attractive as the clearance one.
Yeah this won't work with a niche extremely limited car like the 1LE. There are hardly any on the lot across the country. Most dealers won't stock this car as buyers are specific on colours and personalization and factory order it. Regular Camaro SS are available in several configurations. I also notice the 1LE can be ordered even on a base Camaro 1SS bringing the price down to $50,140 plus tax including the rebate, a total bargain as even the 1SS comes pretty much loaded. Another strategy is to gamble and assume the same thing will happen next year concerning rebates in August and put in a factory order in April/May for delivery in August. Dealer usually closes the deal when the vehicle arrives and will pass on rebates but of course this is part fantasy and OP will still need to come up with all cash...
Nov 6, 2013
614 posts
369 upvotes
ottofly wrote: Yeah this won't work with a niche extremely limited car like the 1LE. There are hardly any on the lot across the country. Most dealers won't stock this car as buyers are specific on colours and personalization and factory order it. Regular Camaro SS are available in several configurations. I also notice the 1LE can be ordered even on a base Camaro 1SS bringing the price down to $50,140 plus tax including the rebate, a total bargain as even the 1SS comes pretty much loaded. Another strategy is to gamble and assume the same thing will happen next year concerning rebates in August and put in a factory order in April/May for delivery in August. Dealer usually closes the deal when the vehicle arrives and will pass on rebates but of course this is part fantasy and OP will still need to come up with all cash...
This is what our store ordered, we had two white 1SS 1LE track package Camaros. They were around $49,000- $51,000 very nice units.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)