Hot Deals

[Chevrolet] Hot? 2017 Chevy Volt LT $31,415 OTR after incentives (Ont)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 7:26 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1614 posts
105 upvotes

Hot? 2017 Chevy Volt LT $31,415 OTR after incentives (Ont)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Chevrolet
seems like a really good deal.

any thoughts?

update: the gm site didn't disclose the sales tax. had to find it under the 'details' link under summary and payments. it would be 27801+3614 = 31415
Last edited by Sonbuster on Feb 7th, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
560 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1081 posts
193 upvotes
I think at this point most folks will just wait for the Bolt because of its range.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19018 posts
119647 upvotes
GTA
If you really want to go electric, the Volt doesn't really make sense anymore, given that the Bolt is now here. Yes, the Bolt is more expensive, but not by very much, $4K higher on base MSRP, and you get much better range, to the extent where there should be no 'range anxiety' issues for day-to-day driving. It is likely Volt sales are going to drop in anticipation of the Bolt and we are going to see more incentives from GM to bring the price down further as a result.
Jan 1, 2013
588 posts
110 upvotes
Durham
Do we really save by getting electric over gas considering the cost of hydro? Also the cost for what you get on these cars are ridiculous.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11167 posts
698 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:11 am
If you really want to go electric, the Volt doesn't really make sense anymore, given that the Bolt is now here. Yes, the Bolt is more expensive, but not by very much, $4K higher on base MSRP, and you get much better range, to the extent where there should be no 'range anxiety' issues for day-to-day driving. It is likely Volt sales are going to drop in anticipation of the Bolt and we are going to see more incentives from GM to bring the price down further as a result.
I'm of the opposite opinion. If I had a Volt, then I would just run it on gas 100% of the time and don't bother even plugging it in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/volt/comments/ ... efinitely/
May 12, 2012
108 posts
66 upvotes
Chatham
Thanks, but i think im sticking with my Model 3 reservation. I made a down payment the moment it was announced.
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6459 posts
2801 upvotes
Markham
nemanjacarevich wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:28 am
Thanks, but i think im sticking with my Model 3 reservation. I made a down payment the moment it was announced.
I think HCCI is basically the advanced gasoline version of the Diesel engine. Sounds very promising actually. Beats th hell out of Diesel efficiency, too. Let's see if this stuff is real. If Mazda can really make HCCI work to the degree of sub 4 L per 100km, then there's no reason to actually buy electric.

If HCCI catches on, then Electric cars are completely worthless.
May 14, 2008
520 posts
89 upvotes
Montréal
i have two volt and by fare the best car i ever own.

I never chase the plug when i go out. I have 41k km and 2.3l/100km
Feb 6, 2017
81 posts
28 upvotes
toguy wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:11 am
The Volt eliminates range anxiety especially if you're going on long trips. No need to worry about finding a charging station or outlet. I've been considering the Volt for quite awhile but have recently picked up a 2013 BMW 328i which I love so will hold off for a few more years until I get bored of the Bimmer.
Jan 2, 2009
263 posts
49 upvotes
Anikiri wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:36 am
I think HCCI is basically the advanced gasoline version of the Diesel engine. Sounds very promising actually. Beats th hell out of Diesel efficiency, too. Let's see if this stuff is real. If Mazda can really make HCCI work to the degree of sub 4 L per 100km, then there's no reason to actually buy electric.

If HCCI catches on, then Electric cars are completely worthless.
I think he was talking about the Tesla, not mazda3
Penalty Box
May 1, 2012
6459 posts
2801 upvotes
Markham
nanyte wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:56 am
I think he was talking about the Tesla, not mazda3
Oh right, damn lol I am not reading right.. Good call have an upvote.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1997 posts
856 upvotes
Kkhan15 wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 10:21 am
Do we really save by getting electric over gas considering the cost of hydro?
I don't know where you are paying for Hydro... but most definately yes. Now is it worth the savings overall based on the price of a new car vs buying a used one.. hard to say.

For me, I am a few months away from having to drive 120 kms each way (240kms per day) for work.

We are getting a Bolt or Model3 depending on availability as soon as possible. Not just for gas savings, but also emissions savings.

Sadly the Volt won't cut it for my needs.
Apr 10, 2004
265 posts
24 upvotes
I have a Volt and I love it, I barely use any gas but commute is only 24km round trip. But when it is using gas the mileage is better than any other gas powered car out there. No range anxiety on this which is a really nice feature.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
2341 posts
622 upvotes
GTA
I had a Volt and it was an amazing car. Super reliable and the electric range covered most days.
Dec 30, 2010
59 posts
17 upvotes
Nanaimo
N8Magic wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 11:16 am
I had a Volt and it was an amazing car. Super reliable and the electric range covered most days.
"Had" suggests you found something significant wrong with it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

michiebaby