Automotive

Chevy Bolt...383km /charge for $30k plus

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2018 11:13 pm
Tags:
May 25, 2005
601 posts
121 upvotes
Yea they just changed it in the last two weeks. On the base Volt it amounts to about $2300. Didn't ask about the premier model.

I asked about the Bolt but it is not offered, if it was I would have put an order in right then.
Jul 4, 2017
122 posts
138 upvotes
Azer wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 12:01 pm
Where are these Bolts coming from? I haven't heard of a dealership getting any since Spring and there is no date for the 2018's.
They must have been special orders from months ago that are just coming in now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8731 posts
1526 upvotes
Azer wrote:
Where are these Bolts coming from? I haven't heard of a dealership getting any since Spring and there is no date for the 2018's.
Volts are made in Detroit - Hamtramck Plant.
Jul 4, 2017
122 posts
138 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 8:37 am
Volts are made in Detroit - Hamtramck Plant.
These are Bolts, made in Orion Township, MI.
Jul 4, 2017
122 posts
138 upvotes
October sales in Canada: 424 Volt, 371 Bolt

Best month ever for the Bolt
Best October for the Volt.

Total all-time sales:
Volt: 12,325
Bolt: 1666
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
3997 posts
418 upvotes
Ottawa
Azer wrote:

They do trickle in as I've heard of a few available in the Ottawa recently but they are by no means common. I suspect if you really wanted to buy one and weren't picky about colour and options, a dealer could get one for you. You'd likely have no negotiating power either ...
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
18532 posts
2044 upvotes
Montreal
Did I just see a Bolt taxi? Maybe it was a Trax, but it looked to narrow.
Feb 6, 2017
561 posts
241 upvotes
You know what's ironic, I was going to go to another Chevy dealership today after my day job to see what they can give me for a trade-in, then I get a call from my fitness supervisor all the way across the other end of town to cover for 2 fitness classes and I end up racing from one end of the city to the other in my premium gas car. So I didn't get to visit the dealer but I thought to myself, this is exactly why I need an electric car! To bomb around the city every day without any worries except for time. I could easily put in 100km a day driving around. The Bolt could also be an ideal to Uber a few hrs a week to help a bit with the payments too I'm thinking :)
Oct 9, 2001
862 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Had ordered an LT but after research decided to not skimp out and called my dealer (ordered 2 days ago apparently no problem to make changes) and...

Decided to upgrade to the 2018 Bolt Premier with Bose Sound System:

Exterior colour:

Nightfall Gray Metallic

Interior colour:

Dark Galvanized Gray, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! Don't want to have any regrets... :-)
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
44504 posts
11368 upvotes
^ That's what most Tesla Model 3 reservation holders keep telling themselves - YOLO!

If the memory positions (included in the $5k USD PUP option) are only for the side mirrors, steering wheel and seat positions, I will likely just skip it because the side mirrors can be adjusted using the display + scroll wheels on the steering wheel, the steering wheel position we rarely adjust among three drivers and the seat have switches/levers for adjustment.

I might as well go with AWD and Long Range battery.

Or maybe just pick up a used Honda with Honda Sensing and use the savings to pay for fuel. :)
Sep 8, 2014
609 posts
461 upvotes
Toronto, ON
brockster wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 10:09 am
Decided to upgrade to the 2018 Bolt Premier with Bose Sound System
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! Don't want to have any regrets... :-)
Bingo! As I replied up-thread, makes more sense for long term enjoyment, or if keeping for 5 years the added options makes it easier to sell and you get some of the upfront extra $ back when selling.
Feb 6, 2017
561 posts
241 upvotes
For you guys that bought the Bolt, did you have to pay any dealership admin fees?
Feb 6, 2017
561 posts
241 upvotes
I revisited my dealer today. Am thinking of putting down a deposit for a barebones White LT version. The 2018 LT comes with heated seats and steering wheel which was an upgrade in the 2017. I don't really need the other frills, not for an extra $5,000 anyways. Are there any upgrade packages that you guys would consider being worth it? I was thinking of the convenience package but I've never had to had blind-spot or backup warning for 20 years so don't know if that's worth another $900 or so.

I got a good value for my trade-in, about $1000 more than what their software estimated the worth, the General Manager also waived the dealer admin fee for me as well $700. I'm trying to keep costs to a minimal for this car, thus the White (no additional cost) and basic LT.
Oct 9, 2001
862 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
HN12345 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 4:19 pm
I revisited my dealer today. Am thinking of putting down a deposit for a barebones White LT version. The 2018 LT comes with heated seats and steering wheel which was an upgrade in the 2017. I don't really need the other frills, not for an extra $5,000 anyways. Are there any upgrade packages that you guys would consider being worth it? I was thinking of the convenience package but I've never had to had blind-spot or backup warning for 20 years so don't know if that's worth another $900 or so.

I got a good value for my trade-in, about $1000 more than what their software estimated the worth, the General Manager also waived the dealer admin fee for me as well $700. I'm trying to keep costs to a minimal for this car, thus the White (no additional cost) and basic LT.
As far as I know, the heated steering wheel and seats are not included with the basic LT. I had a basic LT ordered and upgraded to the Premium. I did not get any fees waived as the car hard to get. My admin fee was $499.

I would go Premium. It comes with the Bose 7 speaker system too. You can't go back if you don't like the LT. To each their own though.