Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Chevy/GMC/Buick 20% Off MSRP! YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2016 10:45 am
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes

Chevy/GMC/Buick 20% Off MSRP! YMMV

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% OFF
Expiry:
July 28, 2015
Hey guys,

I did a search on here but did not see this posted. I saw some Car deals in here lately so thought I should mention this one.

I just bought 2 brand new 2015 Chevy's and this deal just popped up in between. Just got a 2015 Chevy Trax LT which is selling for $26,000 down to $18,500 plus all the crap they tack on for a new car. No haggling or anything its just straight 20% off their price. It's only on their 15% of their inventory that has been on the lot for more than 90 days.

Seems like more of a discount than the other brands im seeing here? Its a little ymmv because the dealer you go might have to do some searching for you and they might not be so helpful. Each dealer I noticed is having their own "sale" to promote this deal so their website might have a special list of their cars available at this discount.

Thought I would pass it on! Enjoy.
83 replies
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Corvette and Camaro are excluded :(
Sorry, I didnt know.. I assumed it was just on everything.. I guess their site says the following models:

Cruze, Equinox, Trax, Sonic, Malibu and Silverado for Chevy
Nov 25, 2003
329 posts
42 upvotes
Same deal for GMC and Buick. Best discounts would be on the higher trims (LT in Chevy's case). I believe it's for cash purchase only. You can probably still finance it but at an unsubsidized rate.
Sep 18, 2004
583 posts
282 upvotes
CheekEman wrote: Just got a 2015 Chevy Trax LT which is selling for $26,000 down to $18,500 plus all the crap they tack on for a new car. No haggling or anything its just straight 20% off their price.
Is there a special deal on the Trax? Because $26K down to $18.5K is way more than 20%... it's almost 30%.
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
AvalonERX wrote: Same deal for GMC and Buick. Best discounts would be on the higher trims (LT in Chevy's case). I believe it's for cash purchase only. You can probably still finance it but at an unsubsidized rate.
Yeah we were looking at the Trax LS at first but went with the LT because of the extras it comes with and the price difference was worth it. Its either take the 20% and pay the regular 5% interest rate or take 0% financing and no discount.
molo wrote: Is there a special deal on the Trax? Because $26K down to $18.5K is way more than 20%... it's almost 30%.
Well there were a few extra credits I got such as the Loyalty $500 credit and a couple other things they added on when I was making a deal. Right off the bat it was $25,9xx i forget the tens of dollars, then they took a straight 20% off which was about $5100 no questions asked. Then you can negotiate your usual ways as everyone does when buying a car.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
makes you wonder how much they rip you off from the beginning.
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote: makes you wonder how much they rip you off from the beginning.
Dont wonder. Then you will think that about being ripped off on everything :)
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
AvalonERX wrote: Same deal for GMC and Buick. Best discounts would be on the higher trims (LT in Chevy's case). I believe it's for cash purchase only. You can probably still finance it but at an unsubsidized rate.
Interesting, changing the Equinox to the LT lowered the discount. Went from 20% off to ~12% off MSRP with that simple change (doing it online)
Maybe you can get the 20% off at the dealership
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
goat wrote: Interesting, changing the Equinox to the LT lowered the discount. Went from 20% off to ~12% off MSRP with that simple change (doing it online)
Maybe you can get the 20% off at the dealership
Yeah I found the pricing online to be a little weird like that. It is a little confusing too because I use AutoTrader a lot and some prices there are listed with the 20%, some are not. Its hit or miss but the best thing you can do is just go to any dealership and they can locate one for you in the GTA. Thats what mine did.. I told him exactly what I wanted, which colour and he went out and got it.
Oct 11, 2012
166 posts
90 upvotes
OTTAWA
CheekEman wrote: Dont wonder. Then you will think that about being ripped off on everything :)
The most un-RFD thing an RFDer can say :P
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
Browse around the GM website, you will get an additional $500 discount. Took me about 10 minutes for a window to popup offering that on a Chevy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Corvette and Camaro are excluded :(
if you want one for real hmu.

pops dealership usually has some really nice high end camaros and corvettes they let go for good prices. they had a bunch of ZL1 camaros and cut the price down to get rid of some recently
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
All the overpriced vehicles reduced to the price point where they should be sold at.
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
raspeed wrote: All the overpriced vehicles reduced to the price point where they should be sold at.
Thats the time to buy!
plastikboy wrote: The most un-RFD thing an RFDer can say :P
ha, touche!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
Yes well, I have a bit of an issue when they market the Trax as a "rugged SUV", when it's essentially a FWD Sonic with an SUV-esque body. Like those Jeep abominations ...

Surprised they don't market it with "free Korean inspired styling included!"
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
raspeed wrote: Yes well, I have a bit of an issue when they market the Trax as a "rugged SUV", when it's essentially a FWD Sonic with an SUV-esque body. Like those Jeep abominations ...

Surprised they don't market it with "free Korean inspired styling included!"
Unless you get the AWD version! It's actually decent. It's for my Wife anyway its perfect for her. For the price and what it comes with it was an easy choice.
Banned
May 29, 2009
399 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
CheekEman wrote: I just bought 2 brand new 2015 Chevy's
Everyone I knew had very bad experience in GM. I won't put all eggs in one basket with 2 vehicles of doubtful reliability.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
663 upvotes
Chambly, QC
mathiewannabe wrote: makes you wonder how much they rip you off from the beginning.
So true. For cars not even made in the U.S....
Nov 14, 2010
361 posts
108 upvotes
tempchum wrote: Everyone I knew had very bad experience in GM. I won't put all eggs in one basket with 2 vehicles of doubtful reliability.
I was not looking to even get a new car. I just had 2 of the worst car experiences in my life happen just recently with my 2 "old" 2013 Ford's. Lied right to our faces and even though I have proof, its totally legal. To make a long story short, bought a demo and it had an accident on it that even though we asked if it had one, was told no. Since the damage was under a certain amount, its totally legal. We even saw the "CarFax" and it was clean because the damage happened only days before we bought the car. Horrible.

Cars are cars. It's the experience that sells. So far I am happy with GM. Sure things break down and mechanical things will break down. It's life. How you are treated about it is what makes their reputation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)