• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2022 11:50 am
Tags:
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16374 posts
31491 upvotes
Scarborough
UrbanPoet wrote: Market research? Perhaps they found out the people in the town of Windsor are the type to really enjoy chicken sandwiches. Thus decision to make one there.
I'm not surprised that Windsor got a location, however I didn't peg them to be a city that would've been one of the first to get a location. Mississauga will surely get one at some point, and right now they're only 6 stores in on their "15 stores within 5 years" plan. I'd bet one of the next 4 locations will be in Mississauga.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jul 30, 2014
138 posts
239 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TomRFD wrote: I'm not surprised that Windsor got a location, however I didn't peg them to be a city that would've been one of the first to get a location. Mississauga will surely get one at some point, and right now they're only 6 stores in on their "15 stores within 5 years" plan. I'd bet one of the next 4 locations will be in Mississauga.
It’s already been announced the next location will be inside square one mall…in Mississauga Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1679 posts
706 upvotes
GTA
Also: Finding land/space for new drive through locations is likely a challenging task!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18864 posts
5794 upvotes
Toronto
ericlewis91 wrote: Also: Finding land/space for new drive through locations is likely a challenging task!
THAT depends on whether or not it's about literally starting from scratch or simply taking over a drive thru from a previous business and renovating/refurbishing it.
Starbucks @ Leslie & Eastern used to be a BK, to name one example of change, drive thru and all...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6520 posts
5588 upvotes
Joeflix wrote: Fairly certain a location in Markham will eventually arrive.

Chick-fil-A is intentionally going with a very slow expansion strategy in Canada, to avoid the mistakes made with other American chains that entered Canada and moved too quickly (and ended up losing badly because of logistics issues and poor quality control).
there's a lot of choice in Markham area for everything in terms of food, it's a lot more diverse than windsor even with similar population. In addition to all the chain fried chicken places including MB, there's so many korean fried chicken places, taiwanese, katsuya etc... a fried chicken sandwich place with meh quality like CFA ...it probably won't get as much hype/business as in windsor.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1679 posts
706 upvotes
GTA
playnicee1 wrote: THAT depends on whether or not it's about literally starting from scratch or simply taking over a drive thru from a previous business and renovating/refurbishing it.
Starbucks @ Leslie & Eastern used to be a BK, to name one example of change, drive thru and all...
Yes - Just like the Starbucks on Queensway near Costco!

Im also hoping they open a location near Sherway (aka West End)
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18190 posts
1188 upvotes
The one here in Kitchener is STILL jammed every day.. Wife was driving by the area just 2 days ago and called me asking if we wanted takeout from there before she called me back a few mins later saying pick somewhere else, lines were too long... Doing really well as far as I can tell. Which is surprising because the place is quite expensive.
Last edited by duckdown on Feb 15th, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3943 posts
2850 upvotes
their strategy is mall locations or close to the business district where there is a certain amount of foot traffic. I dont see them planting a location in markham for that reason. There are easier lower-hanging fruits to grab.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7749 posts
4657 upvotes
Mississauga
That explains why the CFA in Windsor is next to Devonshire Mall.
Aug 14, 2018
358 posts
316 upvotes
GTA
Is there a Chick-fil-A in square one . Why is google maps showing up.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)