Food & Drink

Chick-fil-A Opening in Toronto.

  • Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2020 9:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2006
555 posts
179 upvotes
GTA

Chick-fil-A Opening in Toronto.

According this article, Chic-fil-A is opening it's first international location in Canada. (Wrong, there is one in the Calgary Airport)

They hope have 15-18 Locations in the GTA, personally i'm a fan of the restaurant and can't wait. I think they'll do well as their quality is better than KFC, Popeyes etc.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chick-f ... ion-2018-7



***************** UPDATE 4/12/2019 *******************

1 Bloor Street East will be their first location in Toronto:

https://thechickenwire.chick-fil-a.com/ ... ronto-Area

***************** UPDATE 11/18/2019 *******************

Second location coming to Yorkdale Mall - Jan 7, 2020 is confirmed date of opening.

https://www.chick-fil-a.ca/chick-fil-a- ... -january-7

https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=5b2552 ... 06n0h2q000
Last edited by Carbooja on Jan 3rd, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
RedFlagDeals News: Chick-fil-A Opens in Canada Soon, See How The Menu and Pricing Compares to the US

RedFlagDeals News: Chick-fil-A's Toronto Location is Opening Soon: Here’s Everything We Know Including Where It’ll Be

RedFlagDeals News: We Visited Chick-Fil-A's First Toronto Location And Here’S What You Need To Know


Protesters got it wrong, the restaurant at Yonge and Bloor is a franchise, here is a heartwarming story about it all:
For Tony Yang the opening of Toronto’s first Chick-fil-A was not a day of protest. It was a day of celebration — celebration of the Canadian and American dream and of his son Wilson achieving his.
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/ ... a-protests
668 replies
Member
May 18, 2008
203 posts
275 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I am a big fan of Chick Fil A so this is great news for me................hopefully the food will taste the same and the prices won't be unreasonable............I assume that these Canadian locations will be closed every Sunday like they are in the U.S.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5604 posts
1385 upvotes
Mississauga
just had chick fil a a couple days ago in states....

chicken sandwiches are pretty good tasting...

hope they open one in sauga...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8534 upvotes
GTHA
Mike S wrote: I am a big fan of Chick Fil A so this is great news for me................hopefully the food will taste the same and the prices won't be unreasonable............I assume that these Canadian locations will be closed every Sunday like they are in the U.S.
Fyi, their location at Calgary Airport is closed Sundays

https://www.yyc.com/TravellerInfo/Shopp ... fault.aspx
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8534 upvotes
GTHA
Carbooja wrote: According this article, Chic-fil-A is opening it's first international location in Canada. (Wrong, there is one in the Calgary Airport)

They hope have 15-18 Locations in the GTA, personally i'm a fan of the restaurant and can't wait. I think they'll do well as their quality is better than KFC, Popeyes etc.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chick-f ... ion-2018-7
The message from Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer Tim Tassopoulos says "We’re excited to announce that, in 2019, Toronto will be home to the very first franchised international Chick-fil-A restaurant."

Read https://www.chick-fil-a.ca/A-Message-from-the-President

The press release from Chick-fil-A says "Chick-fil-A, the #1 chicken restaurant in the United States, today announced that it will open its doors in Toronto in 2019. These will be the company's first franchisee-owned restaurants outside of the United States."

Read https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 98931.html


Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3852 posts
3125 upvotes
Can't wait for this, I fully expected Shake Shack to be in Canada before Chick-Fil-A... will CFA put a hurting on Mary Brown's (which is pretty much the Canadian copycat)? 15-18 CFA's in the GTA is a lot more believable than 100 Jollibees in Canada...
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 15, 2013
1600 posts
1040 upvotes
Ottawa
Ducky wrote: ...chicken sandwiches are pretty good tasting...
...and are huge. Hopefully, they don't pull a Canadian version of KFC Angry Face
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2006
555 posts
179 upvotes
GTA
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Can't wait for this, I fully expected Shake Shack to be in Canada before Chick-Fil-A... will CFA put a hurting on Mary Brown's (which is pretty much the Canadian copycat)? 15-18 CFA's in the GTA is a lot more believable than 100 Jollibees in Canada...
I had Mary Brown's once, it was nasty and the batter was coming off. It was a oily mess.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 4, 2006
555 posts
179 upvotes
GTA
tk1000 wrote: The message from Chick-fil-A president and chief operating officer Tim Tassopoulos says "We’re excited to announce that, in 2019, Toronto will be home to the very first franchised international Chick-fil-A restaurant."

Read https://www.chick-fil-a.ca/A-Message-from-the-President

The press release from Chick-fil-A says "Chick-fil-A, the #1 chicken restaurant in the United States, today announced that it will open its doors in Toronto in 2019. These will be the company's first franchisee-owned restaurants outside of the United States."

Read https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 98931.html


ttps://youtu.be/qOTUCZYc2oA
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Chick+qu ... story.html

Chick-fil-A quietly opened its first Canadian franchise at the Calgary airport on Wednesday. The Southern U.S. fast food chain came under fire starting in 2003 for opposition to same-sex marriage.

Wait there's more!


https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/2 ... 11263.html

"The Sun notes this isn't Chick-fil-A's first foray into Canada. It opened a location at the University of Alberta in the 1990s.

"We were in Canada before in 1995 and learned a lot through that experience but we weren’t open very long and now we have an opportunity to... open this new location,” Dick said."
Last edited by Carbooja on Jul 25th, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3852 posts
3125 upvotes
Carbooja wrote: I had Mary Brown's once, it was nasty and the batter was coming off. It was a oily mess.
Exactly. MB is a lame clone of CFA just like Second Cup is a lame clone of Starbucks. Time for MB and SC to go away and leave the job to the pros....
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8534 upvotes
GTHA
Carbooja wrote: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Chick+qu ... story.html

Chick-fil-A quietly opened its first Canadian franchise at the Calgary airport on Wednesday. The Southern U.S. fast food chain came under fire starting in 2003 for opposition to same-sex marriage.
The Calgary Airport location has a 'limited' menu and is owned by HMSHost.

The Toronto outlet will be the first Chick-fill-A franchisee-owned restaurant.

The Atlanta-based chain, which has attracted negative attention over the years for its anti-same sex marriage stance, already exists in Canada with operations in Calgary International Airport, but the Toronto outlet will be its first franchisee-owned restaurant.

from https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/contentious ... -1.1113580
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
3852 posts
3125 upvotes
sandav wrote: ...and are huge. Hopefully, they don't pull a Canadian version of KFC Angry Face
You can thank the poultry cartel for that, same problem as dairy.
Let's get this straight once and for all. The "Golden Arches" burger chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 15, 2013
1600 posts
1040 upvotes
Ottawa
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: You can thank the poultry cartel for that, same problem as dairy.
Wonder if that's a business decision based on what the markets will bear. Our cousins down south wouldn't put up with the shit that we do.
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 30, 2001
28136 posts
7178 upvotes
Toronto
this is fantastic news provided they don't change the portion size or the recipe. can't wait!
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
15451 posts
3138 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: Fyi, their location at Calgary Airport is closed Sundays

https://www.yyc.com/TravellerInfo/Shopp ... fault.aspx
The Toronto location will also be closed Sundays.

"The chain also closes its restaurants on Sundays to give its employees a day of rest in deference to the Christian beliefs held by the Cathy family, which founded the company in 1967."
Source: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/chick-f ... -1.4027034

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)