• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 3:35 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
700 posts
31 upvotes
edmonton

Children place return policy

Hi. Just bought clothes but wrong size. I declined to enter my email.address n forgot to get paper reeipt.

Can i return and get at least store credit?

Thx
T
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2947 upvotes
love0715 wrote: Hi. Just bought clothes but wrong size. I declined to enter my email.address n forgot to get paper reeipt.

Thx
T
you could go straight to the store manager and give them your cc number and they search for it. They probably wouldn't do it if it's days earlier.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
700 posts
31 upvotes
edmonton
Its by cash. Also. What if i go to diff location?
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15725 posts
13473 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What did they say when you called?
Dec 8, 2009
569 posts
558 upvotes
With no electronic or paper trail I'd say you are out of luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2795 posts
2074 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
love0715 wrote: Hi. Just bought clothes but wrong size. I declined to enter my email.address n forgot to get paper reeipt.

1) Read the return policy on the back of your...oh, wait...
2) Look up their return policy on the website.
3) Phone the store.

You'll get your answer quite quickly.
I declined to enter my email.address n forgot to get paper reeipt.
Its by cash.
I'm sure these are spouted quite often by shoplifters, too...so expect your options to be very limited.

I would guess, however, that exchange may be an option for a different size, but that would be just about it.

You're certainly not entitled to anything at all because you don't have proof of purchase and they're certainly not defective based on your post - so ask nicely and accept the answer because the way you told the story, your dilemma is caused by you, not by them.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Jan 16, 2008
330 posts
125 upvotes
Chatham
OP, you didn't have to name the store (to protect the innocent), and common sense would say no (to any store).
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13680 posts
7832 upvotes
Toronto
So the OP shoplifted the wrong sized clothes and is wondering if he can exchange them?

Ballsy or crazy?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2328 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
What do you mean you "forgot the receipt"? So, when the cashier held out the receipt to you, you forgot to grab it from his/her hand? Your change always comes back with the receipt all at the same time.

None of this sounds right.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6093 posts
3175 upvotes
Mississauga
I think we’re being trolled.
Jun 10, 2016
302 posts
209 upvotes
Brampton
ds2chan wrote: What do you mean you "forgot the receipt"? So, when the cashier held out the receipt to you, you forgot to grab it from his/her hand? Your change always comes back with the receipt all at the same time.

None of this sounds right.
I was thinking the same thing - especially when you are paying cash (credit card sometimes a bit of a delay in the receipt coming out). awfully fishy story for sure!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3858 posts
2403 upvotes
Vancouver
Wait you walked into a store, bought sometime in the store and walked out without a receipt? I'm surprised no one tried to stop you for shop lifting...

Honestly the store owes you nothing without any paper trail due to too many shop lifter using that story. A nice manager might offer to do an exchange for you for the correct size but that's goodwill, not a requirement for the store. If its recent, maybe try to find the cashier who you paid that day and hope they remember you. In that case, you might be a bit more lucky with getting an exchange.