Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [China Mobile] $50/9GB + Unl calls/texts (3000 LD + 3000 LD) Free roaming in China(including Hong Kong) + 2nd month free

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 5:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9316 posts
56809 upvotes
Ontario

$50/9GB + Unl calls/texts (3000 LD + 3000 LD) Free roaming in China(including Hong Kong) + 2nd month free

Retailer:
China Mobile
I got this from my friend who is an authorized user. It is now on their website.
https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en/

*Fun Fact: Telus had some issues with China Mobile and Telus suspended China Mobile from activating for 5-6 days. Luckily, everything is okay now according to my friend.

CMLINK (CHINA MOBILE) uses Telus network.
CMLINK price matched Fido/Virgin and Koodo.

You dont have to activate it in store. Just go to their website and order it.

9 GB Cross-Border Data
Unlimited Calls to Canadian number
Unlimited Calls Receiving
Unlimited World-wide SMS
3000 mins Calls to Mainland China and Hong Kong
3000 mins Calls from Canada to 8 Selected Destinations

*3000 mins Calls to Mainland China and Hong Kong5 can be shared within Canada, Mainland China and Hong Kong.*
*Another 3000 iinclude Macao SAR China, Taiwan China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea and Japan, calls can only be made within Canada.*
Share:
46 replies
Apr 4, 2019
22 posts
24 upvotes
The best part of this deal is you can use the data in Hong Kong without additional roaming. Nice find for those that travel frequently or for a few weeks.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1751 posts
9390 upvotes
Hilarious how many RFDers downvote without comment or reason just because "China Mobile" is in the title.

Racism runs deep.
Jun 19, 2010
187 posts
156 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Can people down voting at least give a reason why ? Is it because it has the word "China" which is found on 90% of the products at home ?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1751 posts
9390 upvotes
JJackJi wrote: Can people down voting at least give a reason why ? Is it because it has the word "China" which is found on 90% of the products at home ?

~10% think $50/mo for 9 GB LTE data + unlimited calling/text is not a good price
~30% think TELUS LTE coverage is a bad product
~20% wanted to downvote for no reason

Threads like this are a reminder that RFD is very white, middle-aged, and not progressive.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4605 posts
3150 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Probably gonna put my mom on this. 3000 LD mins better than Fido's.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Dec 18, 2010
20 posts
22 upvotes
JJackJi wrote: Can people down voting at least give a reason why ? Is it because it has the word "China" which is found on 90% of the products at home ?
Threat to our national security. Same reason Huawei is not invited to participate in Canadian 5G
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1607 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto
oh wow, didn't know China Mobile is reaching here. Had always used their prepaid data sim when I visit HK or Japan.
This plan is indeed interesting to those who frequent China (including HK).
Dec 13, 2014
77 posts
254 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
OP posts a “deal” like this once a month and every time we don’t want it. Chinese telecommunication? No thanks.
Sep 7, 2003
153 posts
16 upvotes
eliab wrote: Threat to our national security. Same reason Huawei is not invited to participate in Canadian 5G
how could there is a threat to national security if it runs on telus network?
Jun 4, 2015
133 posts
89 upvotes
YYC
As a Chinese myself, I don't even trust this carrier to protect my privacy.

That being said, if they offer $10/month for the same deal, I am willing to give up my privacy....
Oct 19, 2019
368 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Leverage wrote: Image

~10% think $50/mo for 9 GB LTE data + unlimited calling/text is not a good price
~30% think TELUS LTE coverage is a bad product
~20% wanted to downvote for no reason

Threads like this are a reminder that RFD is very white, middle-aged, and not progressive.
Dude who gives a sh*t? It's an online forum where everyone is keyboard heroes sitting behind the screen typing. If they don't like it, they downvote for whatever reason. Stop trying to trigger racism war here. Don't expect online forum to be like your elementary school class where your teacher said you have to be and act nice to everyone.

P.S: This is actually a decent deal and their signal is pretty good.
Last edited by catlover1299 on Aug 31st, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 29, 2013
168 posts
88 upvotes
Oshawa
AndyZoooo wrote: As a Chinese myself, I don't even trust this carrier to protect my privacy.

That being said, if they offer $10/month for the same deal, I am willing to give up my privacy....
So the going rate for privacy is about $40 a month?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5393 posts
3273 upvotes
M-Arkham
Leverage wrote: Hilarious how many RFDers downvote without comment or reason just because "China Mobile" is in the title.

Racism runs deep.
Not racism,
Nothing against the Chinese people, a lot of them are great people, people just do not like the action of the Chinese government. similar to how a lot of people do not like the US government but they're fine with the American people.
Stop looking at things thru the racism lens when you get offended, and claim this and that is racist. That make you the true racist here since you are not able to look beyond it

-------

Good deal if you're going to travel over to hong kong and china, since it save you the pain of getting a local sim

Im pretty sure china Mobile in canada is just reselling off one of the big 3 like every other services out there

That being said... I definitely do not trust them when it comes to privacy concern, since china mobile is state owned by the chinese government.
Last edited by Brewmeanie on Aug 31st, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $40 for 7Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide