• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2019 2:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2174 posts
1284 upvotes

Absolutely free one month 10G plan, data can use in China and Hong Kong

Absolutely free, you do not need to provide any personal information(DOB, Credit Card etc) except a shipping address for SIM card. In another word, they can not do a credit check.
Plan (data/voice) is good for use in Canada, China (mainland) and Hong Kong, add a fee to use in the USA.
They are using Telus network. Took about 3 days to ship to you via Canada Post regular mail. Must active before September 30, 2019.

I didn't anticipate you guys are talking about the politics on this deal. Yes, China Mobile is government-owned and it is the world's largest wireless carrier by subscribers and revenue.
For questions regarding the privacy, China Mobile Canada Inc. is a registered Canadian company with a valid wireless license since 2015. If they don't follow CRTC or any government regulated privacy policies, they should be in trouble. Not just Canada, China Mobile also operated in many countries.
For a free one month plan, if you worry about your privacy, just do not sign up it.
For myself, I will just take this advantage and I trust the related Canadian government agency will protect my privacy by issuing the license and make sure all company follows the rules.

Date File # - Company name Licences Issued
2015-08-21 8190-C218-201509845
China Mobile International (Canada) Inc. 2015-09-25 to 2025-06-30
https://crtc.gc.ca/partvii/eng/2015/8190/8190_15.htm
https://applications.crtc.gc.ca/telecom ... 1568767952

And you can also make compliant on CCTS
https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/service_provi ... anada-inc/

China Mobile Privacy Policy
https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en/legal/privacy-policy.pdf

Plan:
10 GB
Unlimited local mins
Unlimited local SMS
Data and voice sharing in Canada, mainland China and Hong Kong
Additional 1000 mainland China and Hong Kong IDD & roaming minutes are included
Running out of data or voice minutes? Optional add-on packs for local calls and data
Keep in touch with US with optional add-on packs for long distance calls or roaming access

T&C:

a. Your CMLink Canada Pack will be renewed on the same date of every month. Please ensure your balance is high enough.

For example:

i. If you subscribe to a Pack on 10th June, it will be renewed on 10th July, and subsequently on 10th of each month.

ii. If you subscribe to a Pack on 29th, 30th or 31st of the month, your Pack will be renewed on the last day of each month.

b. You may renew the Pack within a 3-day grace period after the expiration date of the current package if your auto-renewal fails. If no renewal is made after the grace period, the service will be terminated.

c. When roaming in Canada, or mainland China/Hong Kong, local call minutes will be deducted for dialing/receiving calls to Canada numbers. Calls to mainland China/Hong Kong numbers will be deducted from mainland China, Hong Kong local minutes or mainland China, Hong Kong roaming minutes within the plan.

d. All prices exclude taxes. Relevant taxes will be charged at the time of payment according to the province in which the attributed number is located.

e. You may view the terms and conditions here.
Last edited by raccoon on Sep 17th, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Share:
90 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4183 posts
2599 upvotes
When it sounds too good to be true...
May 22, 2018
88 posts
271 upvotes
The price = get spied on by Chinese government
Nov 3, 2003
427 posts
99 upvotes
Knowhere
WL1980 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:36 pm
When it sounds too good to be true...
LOL, I'll wait for someone to confirm first Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm an AT&T Customer 😉
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1042 posts
1919 upvotes
Markham
Nice, time to give China all my info.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4183 posts
2599 upvotes
UmarF7302 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:37 pm
Bonus, free re-education.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2116 posts
1068 upvotes
Vancouver
China needs you
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4818 posts
3612 upvotes
Toronto
Looks expensive after the first month.

terms & conditions (too lazy to read it myself): https://www.cmlink.com/ca/en/legal/prod ... itions.pdf

I don't need it for only a month or trust it (data mining or what not), but it will probably work for a month. But thanks for posting anyways, upvoted.

Jun 28, 2015
105 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON
UmarF7302 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:37 pm
Nah, they just force you to hand over your phone at the border and install their spyware on it.
Sep 25, 2018
341 posts
689 upvotes
Good find OP, thanks for sharing!

--

ROFL at all you guys afraid of spying ....

Your beloved Uncle Sam has been spying on all of you since the 70's. Chinese customs does not force install anything on your personal device. As a matter of fact, they don't even bother to check your devices at the border. On the contrary, ya'll looks pretty cooperative when Uncle Sam needs to check your phones. Why? Can't resist the good deals on the other side of the border?

Have fun playing your double standard game. I feel sorry for all your brainwashed minds.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24263 posts
1525 upvotes
Markham, ON
AlicW93740 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:52 pm

Your beloved Uncle Sam has been spying on all of you since the 70's. Chinese customs does not force install anything on your personal device. As a matter of fact, they don't even bother to check your devices at the border. On the contrary, ya'll looks pretty cooperative when Uncle Sam needs to check your phones. Why? Can't resist the good deals on the other side of the border?

Have fun playing your double standard game.

...ROFL...ppl trolling

btw...no one really knows where these chinese voice mails come from...perhaps i should point some fingers lol
Last edited by thelefteyeguy on Sep 17th, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2012
714 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
For privacy concern, I would pass.
A happy Oneplus 5T owner and Koodo/Public Mobile subscriber.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1042 posts
1919 upvotes
Markham
AlicW93740 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:52 pm

Have fun playing your double standard game.
Your statement is just plain wrong, and a lie.

As bad as the US is, at least they are a democracy still, and can't get away with holding millions in internment camps, or censoring whatever the government doesn't want to hear. And US phone makers are allowed to make secure devices, even if the government doesn't like it, unlike the situation in China.
Nov 15, 2006
421 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
SIM card can locate where you are. If you are a protest goer, well good luck on getting help from Trudeau.

Lesson : Nobody will give out free lunch. So does china mobile.
Nov 3, 2018
99 posts
325 upvotes
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 4:56 pm
Your statement is just plain wrong, and a lie.

As bad as the US is, at least they are a democracy still, and can't get away with holding millions in internment camps, or censoring whatever the government doesn't want to hear. And US phone makers are allowed to make secure devices, even if the government doesn't like it, unlike the situation in China.
You're right. The USA does not detain millions, just around 50,000 man, woman, and little Latin children locked in open bar cages like animals at a zoo. Also, with one toilet to share and no basic hygiene available.