None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1541 posts
36 upvotes
usa

Chinese roast suckling pig

Does anyone know which Chinese BBQ shop have the roast suckling pig by the pound? Looking for a shop in the Scarb, Markham, Richmobd Hill area. It can be in surrounding area, but not too far away.
78 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7159 posts
1821 upvotes
Toronto
Most of the chinese BBQ fastfood or foodcourt sell it by the pound. I go to First Markham Place
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29203 posts
14964 upvotes
Toronto
they all sell by weight.

are you buying the whole pig ? If buying the whole ones, then everyone basically selling them as EACH.

For example -
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6346 posts
1519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
poor delicious piggies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
I don't think I've ever seen a place that DOESN'T sell by the pound...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1070 upvotes
anyone know what kinda sauce they give you with the roast pork?

Can't seem to find it anywhere,
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
717 upvotes
Suckling pigs are special order for most places, unless it's a restaurant. And then maybe. A lot of bbq places will not make a suckling pig because it might not sell unless it was a special order. I haven't seen suckling pig sold by the pound ever.

We're talking about suckling pig and not roasted pork. They are 2 different items.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
rageking wrote: We're talking about suckling pig and not roasted pork. They are 2 different items.
I always thought it was called suckling pig even though it's not.
Just like glutinous rice isn't actually glutinous.
I figure it was a mistranslation.

If they do address it as suckling pig instead of full sized pigs, then I've never seen a place that DOES sell by the pound.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
45455 posts
8459 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
yesstyle wrote: i would say Kum Hong is the best of the 3 (poor attitude tho)...the other 2 you can't go wrong with either.
I find thst the most arrogant ones have the best pig.
Its a weird phenomenon... But i swear i keep going back for juicy succulent pig with a perfectly crisp skin... Only to have them talk to me like imma piece of ish while ordering... Lol
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
717 upvotes
The Ho Ho BBQ has the best roasted pig by far, but I have no idea if their suckling pig or BBQ duck are any good.

I will say though, in the past 2 years this place started purposely adding unneeded bones to the weight being sold to the customer, something they were careful not to do years earlier.
Jul 24, 2011
262 posts
52 upvotes
TORONTO
rageking wrote: Suckling pigs are special order for most places, unless it's a restaurant. And then maybe. A lot of bbq places will not make a suckling pig because it might not sell unless it was a special order. I haven't seen suckling pig sold by the pound ever.

We're talking about suckling pig and not roasted pork. They are 2 different items.
+1
The bbq place inside market village sometime has suckling pig but rarely. They specialize in roast goose.
Jun 18, 2013
148 posts
112 upvotes
Brampton
Lots of restaurants will sell it by the "order" on weekends. The quantity by the "order" differs from place to place. Don't expect a lot as quantities are usually limited. I know Peaktop at FMP sells suckling pig by the order on weekends, and have also done special order(read: whole) from them a few times in the last couple of months(crazy in-laws).
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6346 posts
1519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
UrbanPoet wrote: I find thst the most arrogant ones have the best pig.
Its a weird phenomenon... But i swear i keep going back for juicy succulent pig with a perfectly crisp skin... Only to have them talk to me like imma piece of ish while ordering... Lol
ya..they short changed my mom a couple times too.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6346 posts
1519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
iliketoeat wrote: +1
The bbq place inside market village sometime has suckling pig but rarely. They specialize in roast goose.
really? roast goose is hard to find here. You sure it's not duck?
Sep 23, 2005
116 posts
11 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I always thought it was called suckling pig even though it's not.
Just like glutinous rice isn't actually glutinous.
I figure it was a mistranslation.

If they do address it as suckling pig instead of full sized pigs, then I've never seen a place that DOES sell by the pound.
The definition of glutinous is "gummy, having the quality of glue", I think you are mistaking it for the word gluten which is the mixture of proteins found in wheat.
Mar 19, 2015
633 posts
124 upvotes
Canada
Clarify if roast suckling pig is the same as crispy skin roasted pig?

-