• Jul 17th, 2017 10:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2607 posts
1449 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Chinese TV Android Apps

What are some good Chinese TV Android Apps out there? Using it on Android TV box.

I am looking for a few for my folks. I'm using TV Plus currently. It had smooth playback in the past, but it barely works anymore.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
6 replies
Dec 5, 2013
284 posts
103 upvotes
Hamilton
Assume you can read Chinese, try 沙发管家 电视猫. Happy watching.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3049 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zhuyyu wrote: Assume you can read Chinese, try 沙发管家 电视猫. Happy watching.
According to google, that translates to "Sofa housekeeper TV cat" lol
Dec 5, 2013
284 posts
103 upvotes
Hamilton
carmageddon wrote: According to google, that translates to "Sofa housekeeper TV cat" lol
They are not available in Google Play store, only in China local app store, we call android market. And also only chinese interface, if you can't read, would be very painful to use.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1989 posts
600 upvotes
Adrama, android chinese app leaning to Cantonese side. Alot of tvb shows etc. Hooked it for my mom on her PC and android tv box. She still can't remember how to navigate the simple menu on thr latter, doh! Streaming seems stable, no issues so far.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7729 posts
1611 upvotes
Sofa mentioned earlier is more like an App Store for the better known Chinese media apps while Cat TV is one of their top app.

You have to download sofa from their site and run it to install other apps, including Cat TV.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6370 posts
1529 upvotes
Richmond Hill
what about "TVBAnywhere" app? Never tried for an android box tho.