• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 1:00 pm
[OP]
Oct 20, 2011
71 posts
60 upvotes
TORONTO

Chinese Wedding Gold Jewellery - Recommendations

I’m looking to buy a couple bangles and a necklace used for Chinese weddings toronto.

Any recommendations?
4 replies
Apr 22, 2018
12 posts
3 upvotes
I am assuming you are buying dragon/phoenix bangles for someone whom will be getting married.

Unfortunately, legit gold jewellery are tied to gold commodity price in market. If this is a gift for someone, then you tend to want to buy with real gold if you still want to see them in the future. I and my wife checked luk fook back then for a pair of pure gold earrings to use for my wedding 2 years ago and the price is wayyy outside of my budget for using it once on wedding day. Luk fook pricing works something like price of gold + labour. Price of gold is align to the commodity market so that why you don't see a price on their website. I end up settling a pair of replica with my wife for wedding day for the show, .
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
13263 posts
7988 upvotes
Markham
crzzf1 wrote: I am assuming you are buying dragon/phoenix bangles for someone whom will be getting married.

Unfortunately, legit gold jewellery are tied to gold commodity price in market. If this is a gift for someone, then you tend to want to buy with real gold if you still want to see them in the future. I and my wife checked luk fook back then for a pair of pure gold earrings to use for my wedding 2 years ago and the price is wayyy outside of my budget for using it once on wedding day. Luk fook pricing works something like price of gold + labour. Price of gold is align to the commodity market so that why you don't see a price on their website. I end up settling a pair of replica with my wife for wedding day for the show, .
+1 Replica may be the way to go.

I recognize that this is custom...but fact is no one wears this stuff. It get's put away into a safety deposit box and in some cases passed down to daughter or daughter in law where it goes into another safety deposit box.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jun 4, 2013
844 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver
gr8dlr wrote: +1 Replica may be the way to go.

I recognize that this is custom...but fact is no one wears this stuff. It get's put away into a safety deposit box and in some cases passed down to daughter or daughter in law where it goes into another safety deposit box.
Yea is werid my grandma pass them to my mom and when my sister got marry my mom bought some extra gold necklance, earings and bareclet) and when I got marry my mom bought some for my wife as well. and honestly my sister and my wife only wore it during the ceremony. Wish we could just like sell it or get cash instead coz having it sitting a deposit box( in my case just hidden in the apartment coz there is a long wait list to get a safety depoist box).