17 posts
9 upvotes

Chip Drop

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Chip Drop
Has anyone used this service? Thoughts? I'm not sure where they operate. I'm in Clarington, just east of Oshawa.
11 replies
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
17 posts
9 upvotes
yopping wrote: i did used the service
Any regrets? Whereabouts are you? Do you know what areas they're in?
Mar 6, 2015
341 posts
1093 upvotes
New Brunswick
You really roll the dice with this service. As an arborist I can assure you chip boxes are more than just places for wood and garbage. They're portable toilets if you know what I'm saying. I'd like to think you wouldn't get a load with some extra fertilizer, but these things can be hard to keep track of throughout the day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9332 posts
4145 upvotes
Toronto
smccaffr39 wrote: Any regrets? Whereabouts are you? Do you know what areas they're in?
looks like he's banned, can't answer you
Mar 7, 2011
110 posts
54 upvotes
bunmin wrote: You really roll the dice with this service. As an arborist I can assure you chip boxes are more than just places for wood and garbage. They're portable toilets if you know what I'm saying. I'd like to think you wouldn't get a load with some extra fertilizer, but these things can be hard to keep track of throughout the day.
Just had a question about this -- why would the wood chips be no good? Because they have stuff other than trees in them?
Aug 12, 2018
237 posts
74 upvotes
bunmin wrote: You really roll the dice with this service. As an arborist I can assure you chip boxes are more than just places for wood and garbage. They're portable toilets if you know what I'm saying. I'd like to think you wouldn't get a load with some extra fertilizer, but these things can be hard to keep track of throughout the day.
Who is taking a dump in the box?
Mar 6, 2015
341 posts
1093 upvotes
New Brunswick
skye.lee wrote: Just had a question about this -- why would the wood chips be no good? Because they have stuff other than trees in them?
The wood chips are fine. Pick the garbage out. Wear gloves. Use a shovel. Workers DO use the box as a toilet. Nearly every load of chips will have been pissed on. It's not common for someone to drop a deuce in there, but it does happen.
DavidG88021 wrote: Who is taking a dump in the box?
Workers. When ya gotta go....