Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 10, 2008
31 posts
1 upvote

Chip Ignition Key for Mazda6 2007

Hi.
I am requesting for help.I have a Chip Ignition Key for my 2007 Mazda6 car but I need a second keys for backup.I called a few dealers in GTA area but they are very expensive. Kindly send me any cheaper locksmith,person,shop who can help me.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38178 posts
24362 upvotes
Center of Universe
EBAY (seriously).
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1235 posts
291 upvotes
Montreal, QC
vkizzle wrote: EBAY (seriously).
+1 I got one on ebay, but you may need it to be programmed at the dealer. At least you can get the key for cheap
Sep 5, 2014
555 posts
317 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I think that I paid $350ish? when mine was replaced.
that was from mazda of bramladesh I think..
Mar 16, 2010
10 posts
I have one that I bought for my protege and never used it. Will need programming and maybe a new battery. It's the blade style. PM me if you're interested and shoot me the part number if there is one so we can make sure it works for your car. Mine came from a Mazda 3 I believe.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6860 posts
2654 upvotes
BC
For goodness sake. Transponder keys and immobilizers exist for a reason. If they were easy to cut and program for starting a vehicle, what would be the point of them?

If you just need another key with integrated buttons to open the doors but not start the car - different situation and definitely a cheap DIY.

But to get a proper duplicate key because you lost one of the originals, or bought a used car and they only gave you one key, it's going to cost a bit for a reason.

Dealer price may be over the top, but somewhere around $100 could be your target.
Mar 4, 2006
472 posts
147 upvotes
If it is anything like the Mazda5 than you need to have 2 working transponder keys if you want to program it yourself. Procedure can be done in a minute, but if you only have one working key than it can clone by a lock smith or pay the dealer to program a new key.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)