Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Chipfixx.ca

$6 off paint chip repair kits on chipfixx.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2017 1:07 am
21 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
10094 posts
8109 upvotes
Kootenays
IMHO, 7% off does not qualify as a Hot Deal.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12258 posts
6058 upvotes
smacd wrote: IMHO, 7% off does not qualify as a Hot Deal.
Id have to agree on this.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1281 upvotes
smacd wrote: IMHO, 7% off does not qualify as a Hot Deal.

Okay, would it be a screaming deal if it were originally listed at $10,079 and they had a $10,000 off sale for a price of $79?

The hood on one of my cars is a mess and I kinda need a paint chip kit, but I actually don't know much about the subject. Is $79 a good price, irrespective of the small $6 discount? Is this a good product? Is there a better option out there?
Jun 10, 2008
96 posts
68 upvotes
I would hold off until the (hopefully) next $25 off promotion, which ended about a month ago. The current sale is still a better deal than the similar Dr. Colorchip product available in the US if you can't wait.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2017
151 posts
124 upvotes
kneevase wrote: Okay, would it be a screaming deal if it were originally listed at $10,079 and they had a $10,000 off sale for a price of $79?

The hood on one of my cars is a mess and I kinda need a paint chip kit, but I actually don't know much about the subject. Is $79 a good price, irrespective of the small $6 discount? Is this a good product? Is there a better option out there?
It's a bit less than a Dr Colorchip kit, and they don't ship to Canada. I bought a Chipfixx kit during their Canada day sale and I found it worked good. Paint pens leave lumps and bumps, Chipfixx's kit doesn't do that.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1281 upvotes
mrsoandso wrote: It's a bit less than a Dr Colorchip kit, and they don't ship to Canada. I bought a Chipfixx kit during their Canada day sale and I found it worked good. Paint pens leave lumps and bumps, Chipfixx's kit doesn't do that.
That was my experience the last time that I tried to fix paint chips on my car many years ago -- I made a hell of a mess. I'm starting to feel brave again, but I'm pretty sure that Canadian Tire is not where I should seek a repair kit.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
I buy mine in the States from http://www.automotivetouchup.com

Several choices available:
1/2 oz Paint (Brush-in-Bottle) US$9.95
2 oz Paint (Brush-in-Bottle) US$14.95
1/2 oz Paint Pen $12.95
12 oz Aerosol Spray Paint $19.95
plus shipping

Color matches well with the original paint.
Aside from the main color, I also purchase Primer and Clear Coat.

I always buy the 2 oz paint. Used a 3 year old paint last month and it is still as good the day I got it.

On Chipfixx FAQ
How long does it last in the bottle?
We guarantee the paint to be usable for 60 days. We cannot replace any paint more than 60 days after purchase. The paint itself is good for about 6 months. If it starts to thicken you can add a drop or two of thinners and shake or stir well. If it goes solid, it cannot be thinned down and cannot be used. Please use your ChipFixx Kit before 60 days for best results.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2017
151 posts
124 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote: I buy mine in the States from http://www.automotivetouchup.com

I always buy the 2 oz paint. Used a 3 year old paint last month and it is still as good the day I got it.

On Chipfixx FAQ
How long does it last in the bottle?
We guarantee the paint to be usable for 60 days. We cannot replace any paint more than 60 days after purchase. The paint itself is good for about 6 months. If it starts to thicken you can add a drop or two of thinners and shake or stir well. If it goes solid, it cannot be thinned down and cannot be used. Please use your ChipFixx Kit before 60 days for best results.
Once you put on the chipfixx paint, it hardens in about 5-10 minutes, then you use the cleaner leveler to remove excess paint. The problem with paint pens is they leave lumps and bumps of paint on your car and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm happy with the results and I'll never use a paint pen again.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
mrsoandso wrote: Once you put on the chipfixx paint, it hardens in about 5-10 minutes, then you use the cleaner leveler to remove excess paint. The problem with paint pens is they leave lumps and bumps of paint on your car and there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm happy with the results and I'll never use a paint pen again.
Got it. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Used this kit 2 yrs ago on about 100 hood and front paint chips on a black car. Still looks as good as the day I applied it. Most important is prep- make sure you remove all wax from areas to be treated otherwise paint won't adhere properly. I allowed the paint to dry in the shade about 18 Celsius for 30 minutes. First test I didn't remove all the wax. Second test didn't allow the paint to dry long enough. Third try used too much leveler= removed applied paint. Forth attempt I finally got it right. Very pleased with the results considering new paint job would've been about +$1500.

Bought it at a time when U.S. Vendors were not allowed to ship paint detail kits to Canada.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19641 posts
20065 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The secret to all these kits is the paint leveller that you use after applying the paint (basically a cocktail of paint thinners). I can't be bothered mixing my own so I bought some from langka.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4281 posts
1814 upvotes
Scarborough
I recall seeing the son talk on RFD about their competitor and how his is superior. Wasn't long ago either.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5307 posts
2036 upvotes
Just bought a used car and it had a couple scratches in it. We specified to the dealer that we wanted some touchup paint included when we bought it. After reading this I dont want to use it anymore. Dont want the lumps and bumps.

Im going to the states soon.. is Dr. ColorChip better than this? One thing I do notice is you get 1/2oz more paint with Dr. ColourChip.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5307 posts
2036 upvotes
I guess it all depends how you apply it, but I just watched some videos on dr colorchip, and they didnt look too bad. Then I watched one for chipfixx (made by them) and the results look like a touchup pen. Could they zoom out any more!

Before after shot at (1:13)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5307 posts
2036 upvotes
Decided I've give them a try. Messaged them on Facebook asking if they were going to have the $25off sale again soon. They offered me the gold package for $69. :)
Hopefully it turns out looking good.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2017
151 posts
124 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: I guess it all depends how you apply it, but I just watched some videos on dr colorchip, and they didnt look too bad. Then I watched one for chipfixx (made by them) and the results look like a touchup pen. Could they zoom out any more!

Before after shot at (1:13)
The results look way better than a touch up pen. I used pens before and the results look like crap because there's no way to remove excess paint.
Oct 17, 2013
602 posts
382 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: Decided I've give them a try. Messaged them on Facebook asking if they were going to have the $25off sale again soon. They offered me the gold package for $69. :)
Hopefully it turns out looking good.
I messaged them as well and they offer me $10 off. Not quite as good as you but thanks for the tip.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9996 posts
1339 upvotes
The kits never provide enough paint leveller - need a way to make it. I ran out of paint leveller and still had tons of paint left - which made the kit useless in the end unfortunately.

But besides this the paint match was perfect and it worked very well, was quite pleased except for my issue mentioned.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)