Expired Hot Deals

Choice Hotels (Hotel Breakwater South Beach) Possible FREE hotel room near Miami Beach, Florida

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 9:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes

Choice Hotels (Hotel Breakwater South Beach) Possible FREE hotel room near Miami Beach, Florida

Deal Link:
Thought I would post this, for anyone going to the Miami Beach area in Florida. HOTEL BREAKWATER SOUTH BEACH, AN ASCEND HOTEL COLLECTION MEMBER, might be able to get a free night stay.

Anyone familiar with Choice Hotels, they offer a program that if you book a room from Choice Hotels.com and find a lower rate on a competing website within 24 hrs and submit a online claim, within 24 to 48 hrs they will reply back after researching the claim and tell you whether you are approved or not.

This will work from April 2018 to April 10, 2019 and for stays from Sunday nights to Saturday nights that I can see.

First you need to book a room on Choice Hotels.com and it must be available to the competing website as well. For example for July 1, 2018, 1 Queen Bed, No smoking, Oceanfront with 2 adults in the room on Choice Hotels for is $259.00, on Travelocity.com the same room for the same date is $233.00. I think this would be approved for a free night stay if done correctly.

ALWAYS make sure you book the rate for PAY AT CHECK IN, which is cancelable. (They don't charge your card at all when you reserve a room, they just validate your credit card to make sure you have sufficient funds)

More than likely this would be approved for a free night stay.

One think to remember is if you book a room on Choice Hotels, and you don't have a Choice Hotels account, you then need to add your address to the reservation. To do that you need to go to www.ChoiceHotels.com, under manage reservations, type in your confirmation # and last name on reservation and go to change/modify reservation and it should allow you to enter you home address. If no address is on file, your claim will be denied.

Final step is to submit your online claim form, very easy to do. (example below)

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/best ... antee/form

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxx
Check-in Date: July 1, 2018
Choice Booked Rate: 259.00 USD
Lower Rate: 233.00 USD
Found at: http://www.travelocity.com
Contact Information
Guest Name: John Doe
Country Canada
Address: 123 Any Street ,
Toronto, ON,
Evening Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Day Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Email:

NOTE: Not sure how long the rates on the competing website Travelocity.com will remain, so best to book and submit a claim asap, before the rate changes.
Last edited by hill15 on Apr 18th, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
19 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20496 posts
9934 upvotes
Oakville
Neat trick. I'll have to see if I can find some deals for when I head to Lisbon and Dublin this summer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Neat trick. I'll have to see if I can find some deals for when I head to Lisbon and Dublin this summer.
Good luck in your search. If I can be of any help, just let me know.

I also posted a little while ago possible free room just outside of Detroit and also downtown Buffalo if any interest to you.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20496 posts
9934 upvotes
Oakville
hill15 wrote: Good luck in your search. If I can be of any help, just let me know.

I also posted a little while ago possible free room just outside of Detroit and also downtown Buffalo if any interest to you.
I saw the other ones but didn't really check out the deals - when I saw this one I figured I'd check to see how it worked. :) Not really interested in giving the US any tourism dollars right now though. Just did a quick check for my dates in Lisbon, and the room I'd want doesn't appear to be offered on Travelocity. Pity.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I saw the other ones but didn't really check out the deals - when I saw this one I figured I'd check to see how it worked. :) Not really interested in giving the US any tourism dollars right now though. Just did a quick check for my dates in Lisbon, and the room I'd want doesn't appear to be offered on Travelocity. Pity.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Travelocity.com. It can be any website as long as it's the same room type and cancellation period. As long as it matches the terms and conditions. It can be sometimes difficult finding lower rates for Europe.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1972 posts
2018 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How many nights can we claim per stay? If I book a three night stay and all three nights are cheaper elsewhere, can I claim for all three?

Tia.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
dotsandpixels wrote: How many nights can we claim per stay? If I book a three night stay and all three nights are cheaper elsewhere, can I claim for all three?

Tia.
One free night per household every 30 days, but you can book up to 9 rooms per night. Check the terms and conditions.

For example, If you booked 5 rooms for 1 night, If approved you would get all 5 rooms for free.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1760 posts
4920 upvotes
As per the Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions:

7. Free Night Limit for International Consumers: one (1) free night per name on the Booking and/or household for any thirty day period between Booking check-in dates.
•The limit is in reference to one (1) free night per CRS confirmation number which may include up to 9 individual guest rooms. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. The 1st night of stay for each of the 6 rooms is free with the remaining 4 nights at the advertised lower rate for each room).

Crazy, I never knew that about the guarantee, that you can get up to 9 rooms free for the 1st night, if all 9 rooms are on one reservation made by one person.
Sep 6, 2011
274 posts
298 upvotes
La Malbaie
No deal to see here. Travelocity offers a 10% off the rack rate to its members only so it's not considered a public price because you have to create an account.

Edit : Rack rate will be the same across all channels so this best price guarantee is useless, it's only an incentive to make the reservation. It's also the case with the "Only 1 room left" message.
Last edited by Artwerks on Apr 18th, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2005
472 posts
119 upvotes
Does that mean this wouldn't work for a hotel within canada? As it says *international*? Some stays i was thinking about wpuld be worth checking for better rates then.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
Artwerks wrote: No deal to see here. Travelocity offers a 10% off the rack rate to its members only so it's not considered a public price because you have to create an account.

Edit : Rack rate will be the same across all channels so this best price guarantee is useless, it's only an incentive to make the reservation. It's also the case with the "Only 1 room left" message.
You might be right, but I was able to book a room on Travelocity.com without creating an account. So the rate is available to the public. So this might be accepted for the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4024 posts
1557 upvotes
Montreal
oj777 wrote: As per the Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions:

7. Free Night Limit for International Consumers: one (1) free night per name on the Booking and/or household for any thirty day period between Booking check-in dates.
•The limit is in reference to one (1) free night per CRS confirmation number which may include up to 9 individual guest rooms. (Example: CRS confirmation number 54689875 for Mr. Smith is for 6 rooms for 5 nights. The 1st night of stay for each of the 6 rooms is free with the remaining 4 nights at the advertised lower rate for each room).

Crazy, I never knew that about the guarantee, that you can get up to 9 rooms free for the 1st night, if all 9 rooms are on one reservation made by one person.
Sounds like an opportunity for a few RFDers to work together to get multiple nights free Grinning Face.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1033 posts
420 upvotes
Mississauga
I checked the same hotel that OP mentioned Miami Hotel Breakwaters, from hotel.com, I see a 1 king bed and a sleep sofa sleep for 4 for $222 and $278 for Aug. 18, 1 night, not sure which one to compete with, then in choicehotel.com, I see same room and there are 2 different price, one for member $230 and non-member $270, do I see the hotel.com of $222 is cheaper? There also a $28.08 resort fee excluded in hotel.com.

I am a little confuse.

Thanks.
Sep 6, 2011
274 posts
298 upvotes
La Malbaie
hill15 wrote: You might be right, but I was able to book a room on Travelocity.com without creating an account. So the rate is available to the public. So this might be accepted for the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
This is a huge YMMV, you can try but I wouldn't bet on it. I've been dealing with third party websites for more than 10 years as a hotel manager and I've never seen this kind of request approved. To avoid a breach of contract with Choice Hotels, the search page on Travelocity clearly states "Member discount" even if you don't need to create an account. That's why Choice Hotels best price guarantee applies to a website that does not require membership or login. The best price guaranteed is always for the rack rate which is the highest price currently available for that room. Also, if a third party website offered a lower rate than all the other websites as a public rate, the hotel would automatically get warning emails from other third parties telling them they've been penalized in the search results, meaning you'll appear closer to the bottom of the search list for your area, and advising them to fix the rate parity issue.
Sep 6, 2011
274 posts
298 upvotes
La Malbaie
pcbc168 wrote: I see same room and there are 2 different price, one for member $230 and non-member $270, do I see the hotel.com of $222 is cheaper
Hotels.com (Expedia) often allows you to prepay for your room for a slightly 2-3% additional discount. As you need to prepay to get that discount, the conditions of the reservation are different so there is no breach of contract. That way, they can be cheaper than other third party websites on the search engines and still respect the price parity.
May 28, 2007
654 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Can you recommend best websites to find better rates else where? Have upcoming trip to Japan in May.. do you know if they allow BRG in Japan too? Should I use the exchange rate to USD for comparison?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
steinberg wrote: Can you recommend best websites to find better rates else where? Have upcoming trip to Japan in May.. do you know if they allow BRG in Japan too? Should I use the exchange rate to USD for comparison?
It's getting very hard to be successful these days with BRG. You can try websites such as Travelocity.com, Booking.com/Priceline.com. If there are hotels under Choice Hotels in Japan then you could qualify. You must compare the same currency to the hotel.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
Artwerks wrote: This is a huge YMMV, you can try but I wouldn't bet on it. I've been dealing with third party websites for more than 10 years as a hotel manager and I've never seen this kind of request approved. To avoid a breach of contract with Choice Hotels, the search page on Travelocity clearly states "Member discount" even if you don't need to create an account. That's why Choice Hotels best price guarantee applies to a website that does not require membership or login. The best price guaranteed is always for the rack rate which is the highest price currently available for that room. Also, if a third party website offered a lower rate than all the other websites as a public rate, the hotel would automatically get warning emails from other third parties telling them they've been penalized in the search results, meaning you'll appear closer to the bottom of the search list for your area, and advising them to fix the rate parity issue.
It never hurts to try, was just approved for a free night stay. 1 King Bed, No Smoking Sofabed-2Person room for 599.99 USD for free.

Thank you for participating in our Lowest Price Guarantee program.

This program has been designed to allow you, our valued guest, to receive the best possible online rates at over 5,000 Choice Hotels International properties worldwide. We have located the published rate that was submitted on your claim form and are pleased to let you know that your reservation confirmation number XXXXXXXX at the Hotel Breakwater South Beach, an Ascend Hotel Collection for arrival on Saturday, March 9, 2019 for 1 night, has been changed to reflect a free night for your stay.

Please print a copy of this confirmation letter and bring it with you to the hotel.

Any changes made to the reservation may void this rate.

If you have additional questions, please see our Terms and Conditions page.

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and look forward to doing so in the future.

Please note that Choice Hotels and/or the hotel have the right to void the Lowest Price Guarantee reservation if it is determined that you violated any of the terms and conditions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4760 posts
37013 upvotes
Looks like rates on travelocity.com no longer available. Hope some were lucky enough to get approved.
Banned
Jul 12, 2016
329 posts
182 upvotes
Thank you, OP. As for me the Miami Beach, FL sounds a bit more attractive than Detroit, MI :), I am referring to your previous post. It seems that thanks to you and Choice Hotels soon I will really take part in this program and stay somewhere in the hotel where it will be actually topical for me, and, that's most important, it will be absolutely free :). Why not? Good opportunity to save money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)