Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Choice Hotels (QUALITY SUITES)

Possible hotel room rate match for London, Ontario and $50.00 gift card

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2018 11:46 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5705 posts
50919 upvotes

Possible hotel room rate match for London, Ontario and $50.00 gift card

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Choice Hotels (QUALITY SUITES)
Anyone familiar with Choice Hotels, they offer a program that if you book a room from Choice Hotels.com and find a lower rate on a competing website within 24 hrs and submit a online claim, within 24 to 48 hrs they will reply back after researching the claim and tell you whether you are approved or not.

This will only work for the month of June for all dates I believe. The earliest it will work is for 72 hrs before check in (For example, if you submitted a claim today, it would have to be for check in for Sunday June 10th and beyond.)

First you need to book a room on Choice Hotels.com and it must be available to the competing website as well. For example for June 20, 2018, 2 Double Beds Suite, No smoking with 2 adults in the room on Choice Hotels for June 20 is $98.00, on Travelocity.ca the same room for the same date is $83.00. I think this would be approved for a rate match and $50.00 gift card.

ALWAYS make sure you book the rate for PAY AT CHECK IN, which is cancelable. (They don't charge your card at all when you reserve a room, they just validate your credit card to make sure you have sufficient funds)

NOTE: On Choice hotels the cancellation period is 4:00 pm and on Travelocity.ca, the cancellation period is 3:00 pm. Depending on how picky the agent wants to be it may or may not be approved. It's always worth a try.

One think to remember is if you book a room on Choice Hotels, and you don't have a Choice Hotels account, you then need to add your address to the reservation. To do that you need to go to www.ChoiceHotels.com, under manage reservations, type in your confirmation # and last name on reservation and go to change/modify reservation and it should allow you to enter you home address. If no address is on file, your claim will be denied.

Final step is to submit your online claim form, very easy to do. (example below)

https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/best ... antee/form

Confirmation Number: xxxxxxxx
Check-in Date: June 20, 2018
Choice Booked Rate: 98.00 CDN
Lower Rate: 83.00 CDN
Found at: http://www.travelocity.ca
Contact Information
Guest Name: John Doe
Country Canada
Address: 123 Any Street ,
Toronto, ON,
Evening Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Day Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Email:
Images
  • Screenshot (102).png
  • Screenshot (103).png
Last edited by hill15 on Jun 6th, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1151 posts
996 upvotes
I thought they only give a $50 rewards card. The free night is for international residents apparently.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 8.54.32 AM.png
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5705 posts
50919 upvotes
Yes, first night is free for Canadian residents and up to 9 free rooms for the first night.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
2198 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
hill15 wrote: Yes, first night is free for Canadian residents and up to 9 free rooms for the first night.
https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/best-rate
Dude. The policy changed last month. Please change your post.
Simply book online at ChoiceHotels.com, call 800.4CHOICE or book by calling the property directly and we'll stand behind our rate with our Lowest Price Guarantee. If you happen to find a lower published price for the same date and terms on any other qualified online source, we'll not only match that rate—we'll also give U.S. and Canadian residents a $50 Reward Card (in USD or CAD respectively) to spend any way you want. international residents will receive their first night free instead.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5705 posts
50919 upvotes
solo. wrote: https://www.choicehotels.com/deals/best-rate
Dude. The policy changed last month. Please change your post.
Simply book online at ChoiceHotels.com, call 800.4CHOICE or book by calling the property directly and we'll stand behind our rate with our Lowest Price Guarantee. If you happen to find a lower published price for the same date and terms on any other qualified online source, we'll not only match that rate—we'll also give U.S. and Canadian residents a $50 Reward Card (in USD or CAD respectively) to spend any way you want. international residents will receive their first night free instead.
I will change the post or delete. Last time they gave a free night stay, must have changed it with the last month.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15941 posts
7534 upvotes
London
I live in London.... I wouldn't want to stay here for a night even if it was free
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1151 posts
996 upvotes
coopercold wrote: Can you use the $50 Reward Card to offset the cost of the room?
No, you get the card after your stay.
Feb 2, 2017
224 posts
104 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: I live in London.... I wouldn't want to stay here for a night even if it was free
I thought the same thing... so I could stay at the Comfort Inn on Wellington Rd for a night, but why would I want to? Unless you have plans to come to London anyway I guess.
Public Mobile $38/month plan
Verizon Moto E4 $39.88
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1834 posts
5520 upvotes
That sucks... so they changed the policy from a free night to a $50 Mastercard reward card. First IHG, now Choice.

In regards to best rate guarantee's I guess it's time to move on from Choice Hotels to Best Western. Best Western seems to have the best BRG now for any hotel in North America.

They price match plus send you (by email) a $100 USD Best Western Travel Card after your stay:
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotel ... antee.html

Anybody know of a better best rate guarantee policy?
hill15 wrote: I will change the post or delete. Last time they gave a free night stay, must have changed it with the last month.
Yeah, I just completed a free night stay in Burlington Vermont on Sunday May 27, not even 2 weeks ago.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5705 posts
50919 upvotes
oj777 wrote: That sucks... so they changed the policy from a free night to a $50 Mastercard reward card. First IHG, now Choice.

In regards to best rate guarantee's I guess it's time to move on from Choice Hotels to Best Western. Best Western seems to have the best BRG now for any hotel in North America.

They price match plus send you (by email) a $100 USD Best Western Travel Card after your stay:
https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotel ... antee.html

Anybody know of a better best rate guarantee policy?

Yeah, I just completed a free night stay in Burlington Vermont on Sunday May 27, not even 2 weeks ago.
When did you submit your claim for your last stay. It must have changed in the last 2 weeks. Wonder if it had anything to do with the Curtiss Hotel in Buffalo, NY. Lots of people got free night stays.

Owner was not pleased at all.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1834 posts
5520 upvotes
hill15 wrote: When did you submit your claim for your last stay. It must have changed in the last 2 weeks. Wonder if it had anything to do with the Curtiss Hotel in Buffalo, NY. Lots of people got free night stays.

Owner was not pleased at all.
Claim submitted: May 20. Claim approved: May 21.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
5705 posts
50919 upvotes
coopercold wrote: I tried this, for kicks, and guess what? I got a free night! I reserved and submitted my claim yesterday. Got a reservation update email just now, showing a room rate of $0. Pic attached.

Thanks, OP, I guess! Now I have to go to London though....
Awesome. I am happy for you. Who was the agent that approved the claim.