• Jun 15th, 2016 3:28 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2012
757 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary

Choosing a laptop

Hey guys,

It looks like I have to purchase a laptop for my new job. Actually, the first time in my life since 2001 company doesn't provide a laptop. So I was thinking about Lenovo Thinkpad T-series as it was always the most reliable one.
I need it for the field, to program access control and alarm controllers, configure CCTV systems, nurse call systems, paging, etc. Could you suggest maybe HP or Dell or something else that is the same good as IBM T-series? I'm looking to buy a 3-4 years old one like T430, T440.

Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13897 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Budget?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3733 posts
3256 upvotes
Markham
Dennisrfd wrote: Hey guys,

It looks like I have to purchase a laptop for my new job. Actually, the first time in my life since 2001 company doesn't provide a laptop. So I was thinking about Lenovo Thinkpad T-series as it was always the most reliable one.
I need it for the field, to program access control and alarm controllers, configure CCTV systems, nurse call systems, paging, etc. Could you suggest maybe HP or Dell or something else that is the same good as IBM T-series? I'm looking to buy a 3-4 years old one like T430, T440.

Thanks!
I am using a refurb T420 for my free lance consulting work in engineering.
The T430 and T440 should be good for your intended use.
Try ca.refurb.io if you consider refurb laptops.
They provide 1 year warranty including free shipping for warranty service.
Use coupon FREESHIP to have the laptop delivered to your place for free.
Good luck with your new job!
[OP]
Dec 8, 2012
757 posts
402 upvotes
Calgary
budget is $300 or up to $400 if SSD and 8GB RAM are installed