• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2017 6:20 am
38 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10365 posts
207 upvotes
Mississauga
Seems like a lot of money for a brand of unknown quality.
4chan melts your brain.
Oct 12, 2008
916 posts
1517 upvotes
Markham
danfromwaterloo wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:50 pm
Christopher Ward watches are not "unknown quality". They don't do ads like traditional watch brands but the quality's there, especially for the price. (You're paying for an automatic movement, not a cheap quartz)

That said, none of the designs on sale catch my eye. Still a good deal, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1709 posts
842 upvotes
That Square C5 Slimline is a beauty!

CW is definitely not unknown quality - a well known commodity in the watch world that delivers quality way above the price range.
Currently own a C60 and couldn't be happier

EDIT: damn you OP, extremely tempted by that pulsometer
Last edited by aviator_13 on Apr 12th, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3289 posts
1909 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
CW watches are good quality. I have a C60 GMT and love it. The price is actually pretty cheap compared to other watches of its calibre.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5037 posts
484 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:37 pm
That Square C5 Slimline is a beauty!

CW is definitely not unknown quality - a well known commodity in the watch world that delivers quality way above the price range.
Currently own a C60 and couldn't be happier

EDIT: damn you OP, extremely tempted by that pulsometer
Im tempted by the pulsometer also, but im not in the medical field...

My other choice is a c5 square
Mar 16, 2007
131 posts
80 upvotes
Calgary
bomber17 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:41 pm
CW watches are good quality. I have a C60 GMT and love it. The price is actually pretty cheap compared to other watches of its calibre.
I see what you did there :)
Nov 25, 2013
262 posts
38 upvotes
What is the currency on their website? Is it UK pound or USD?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12055 posts
3036 upvotes
Ottawa
bookmate wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 6:25 pm
What is the currency on their website? Is it UK pound or USD?
UK pounds is what it will be declared in when they ship it,
but the figures you see on the linked website are converted approximately to CAD (selectable at bottom of site). You should compare it to the exchange rate you get on your credit card to decide which currency to use when ordering

note: duties and taxes are extra if customs decides to charge you (likely)
Last edited by warpdrive on Apr 12th, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
May 30, 2006
511 posts
586 upvotes
You can choose which currency you want to pay in on their site.

If you have a no for-ex fees credit card, you'd save a little money by paying in GBP based on current exchange (at the bottom left, select "United Kingdom GBP"). For example, if you leave it in CAD a C5 Malvern Slimline will cost you $410 CAD (no conversion for buyer, they convert on their end). If paying in GBP it becomes £229.17 which equals to about $380 CAD so you save about 30 bucks. Obviously the more expensive the watch, the greater the savings in GBP.
Mar 7, 2011
230 posts
223 upvotes
Slant wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 7:06 pm
You can choose which currency you want to pay in on their site.

If you have a no for-ex fees credit card, you'd save a little money by paying in GBP based on current exchange (at the bottom left, select "United Kingdom GBP"). For example, if you leave it in CAD a C5 Malvern Slimline will cost you $410 CAD (no conversion for buyer, they convert on their end). If paying in GBP it becomes £229.17 which equals to about $380 CAD so you save about 30 bucks. Obviously the more expensive the watch, the greater the savings in GBP.
Wish I read this 5 min ago! This also applies to paypal. Got the green C5 malvern limited edition for $300 just because my collection was missing a green piece. That's still a pretty sweet price for the movement alone.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2404 posts
939 upvotes
Victoria
danfromwaterloo wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:50 pm
I love it when the first reply is from someone who has no idea what they're talking about.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13124 posts
1460 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked up a C5 AUTO Malvern mk2 earlier this week. Seems that's already sold out.