• Sep 10th, 2019 8:04 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5450 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto

Chromecast Audio - CNE (The Ex) - GTA - $10

Was at the Ex and saw that they had the chromecast audio for $10 ($20 but 50% off, so $10). I was tempted (maybe should have picked it up). They were in the enercare building by a book shop. They had about 10-20 of them. Not sure if more were in storage.
Last edited by killoverme on Aug 21st, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
154 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21273 posts
23658 upvotes
Toronto
hmm, could be worth going at lunch for free admission to check it out...

https://theex.com/main/guest-info/tickets/ticket-prices

EXcelunch Special
All ages

$19.99

Includes grounds admission from 10 am until 1 pm on weekdays. EXcelunch tickets are available at Saskatchewan Gates, TTC/GO Gates and Princes' Gates from 10 am to 1 pm weekdays, excluding Labour Day Monday. Refund issued at the same entrance gate if you leave by 2pm.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2480 posts
1445 upvotes
Might want to add the location, aside from "CNE" lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3608 posts
3699 upvotes
Vancouver
Duuuuude wrote: Might want to add the location, aside from "CNE" lol.
When location not specified, it normally means "centre of the universe" = Toronto. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2329 posts
4645 upvotes
I paid $89 for two of these a few months ago.

If I had time right now I would legit clean out their entire inventory
Sep 29, 2010
366 posts
409 upvotes
are these actual CC Audios or some chinese knockoffs?
Oct 26, 2003
174 posts
174 upvotes
Caledon
pdipps wrote: are these actual CC Audios or some chinese knockoffs?
I know right, they have the knock off packaging down to a science.. potential buyer just be aware is all!! Ask to see instruction booklet :)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2329 posts
4645 upvotes
ravell wrote: I know right, they have the knock off packaging down to a science.. potential buyer just be aware is all!! Ask to see instruction booklet :)
LOL, OEM packaging was very poor to begin with, by 2019 standards they look like knockoffs
Sep 29, 2010
366 posts
409 upvotes
If these are legit chromecast audios, and someone wants to go buy 5 @$10 for me, I'll pay $15/each.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5450 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
They looked legit.... Didn't open a package though I believe it had those tape seals on it.

Hmm i googled online some box looks and if the chromecast audio box is suppose to be thick... then this might be a knockoff. The box was probably an inch or so thick.

Hmm... Seems like there are two packages?? So the front one is what it looks like but english text.

https://www.techstage.de/imgs/85/1/5/9/ ... 9897f.jpeg
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2329 posts
4645 upvotes
killoverme wrote: They looked legit.... Didn't open a package though I believe it had those tape seals on it.

Hmm i googled online some box looks and if the chromecast audio box is suppose to be thick... then this might be a knockoff. The box was probably an inch or so thick.
The UK versions I bought were very thick in order to accommodate the UK plug, my 2015 North american CCA box is slimer, but I think it was more than an inch thick.
I can post pics of a comparison between the two when I get home (Why do I have a box from 4 years ago? I have no Idea)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1220 posts
591 upvotes
I suspect that sometimes factories keep making more of discontinued products and then can sell for cheap because they don't have to pay the company that originally asked them to make the product. I bought another Pokemon Go+ recently even though it had been discontinued and the packaging and instructions the same as my original one. The only difference in the product is that the Nintendo Logo at the back is missing but everything else seems identical.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2329 posts
4645 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: The UK versions I bought were very thick in order to accommodate the UK plug, my 2015 North american CCA box is slimer, but I think it was more than an inch thick.
I can post pics of a comparison between the two when I get home (Why do I have a box from 4 years ago? I have no Idea)
NA box is probably an inch thick

Jul 11, 2017
198 posts
162 upvotes
Can someone get one for me ? I can pick it up from Pickering, Oshawa, Ajax or Courtice
Thanks in advance.