Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Google.com] Chromecast with Google TV + 6 Months of Netflix (new and existing subscribers) - $119

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 3:17 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1848 posts
716 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
max011 wrote: Probably...? I didn't even look at the colors - it's going behind the TV after all... And, in the bedroom... Turns out my is white, so it will be easier to sell [if need be] then, say, pink I guess... :-)

[Also, there is some leftover mate black muffler spray paint....Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy ]
I pick blue so it easier to recognize I grabbed the right device. As I might end-up using this as a travel device, as the old Chromecast won't work in most hotels anymore.

It is not worth the wait, so cancelled my order and reordered the white version.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4714 posts
1546 upvotes
Kingston
tgmavan wrote: (Not sure if this discussion is allowed, please delete otherwise)

Does anyone know if IPTVs can be installed through the App/Play Store?
Tivimate is the amazing. You should try it out. Free version will work but the pro version is much better. I bought lifetime subscription for around $26
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3887 posts
1705 upvotes
BC
Tha DraGun wrote: Tivimate is the amazing. You should try it out. Free version will work but the pro version is much better. I bought lifetime subscription for around $26
Is the free version full of ads etc?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4714 posts
1546 upvotes
Kingston
Feegus wrote: Is the free version full of ads etc?
Nope, no ads but you can't customize it, you can only add one IPTV provider and I don't think EPG updates without you deleting and re-adding the IPTV. Kind of a pain. It's worth the money if you watch IPTV alot. Smarters and apps like that look absolutely horrible compared to tvimate.

I think it's around $5 a year for pro. I paid $26.99cdn for lifetime.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
2572 posts
617 upvotes
facebook259 wrote: If in doubt order, with the netflix package. If you decide the fire 4k is better you'll still come ahead after the return.
I'm in the same boat.. how do you figure your come out ahead anyways ?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
1216 posts
979 upvotes
Toronto
Daf wrote: I'm in the same boat.. how do you figure your come out ahead anyways ?
According to Terms & Conditions of this bundle

"If you return the device within the allowable return period and have already redeemed the Netflix offer, you will be refunded $69.99 (cost of the Chromecast device). If you return the device within the allowable return period and have not redeemed the Netflix offer, you will be refunded the entire amount charged."

$134.47 ($119.99 +HST) - $79.97 (cost of the Chromecast device plus HST)= $54.50

$54.50 for $89.94 of Netflix credit
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1848 posts
716 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Daf wrote: I'm in the same boat.. how do you figure your come out ahead anyways ?
The Netflix credit is $90. If you return after using the credit your refund is 69.99. If you do the calculations with tax, you end up with two free months of Netflix just for trying the Chromecast.

Of course it costs you in time. So it probably is not worth it if you have no intention of keeping the Chromecast. But if you are interested, it is a fair deal for giving Google a chance to win your business and promote their product to others if you do like it.
Jun 7, 2008
73 posts
59 upvotes
Does anyone if you have the apply the $90 credit all at once or you just draw it down? I activate my Netflix only there are shows worth watching and cancel when caught up
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
1216 posts
979 upvotes
Toronto
Ghosthunter123 wrote: Does anyone if you have the apply the $90 credit all at once or you just draw it down? I activate my Netflix only there are shows worth watching and cancel when caught up
You can not skip months. Netflix will process the cancellation request after the credit is used up.

from https://help.netflix.com/en/node/407?ba ... Netflix%3F

What happens if I cancel Netflix and I have a Gift Card or promotional balance on my account?

Your account will be cancelled once your Netflix Gift Card or promotional balance has been completely consumed. After your cancellation request, you'll be able to continue streaming for as many months of service as you have left on your Netflix Gift Card or promotional balance. Once your balance runs out, your cancellation will go into effect and you will no longer be able to stream.
Dec 22, 2007
773 posts
410 upvotes
Can you run a VPN app on this new Chromecast with google TV in order for all traffic to be encrypted and protected ? For example if I wanted to use IPTV and be behind a VPN ?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3887 posts
1705 upvotes
BC
Most of us have multiple TV's in the house so are you guys buying up to 3 of these and stacking the Netflix discounts?
I just bought 1 so far and love it so I want to know if the Netflix discount stacks with multiple purchases?

If not I'll just go get another one from the $10 off Staples deal instead of waiting ages for Google to ship.
Jun 23, 2017
299 posts
402 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Most of us have multiple TV's in the house so are you guys buying up to 3 of these and stacking the Netflix discounts?
I just bought 1 so far and love it so I want to know if the Netflix discount stacks with multiple purchases?

If not I'll just go get another one from the $10 off Staples deal instead of waiting ages for Google to ship.
How many Chromecast with Google TV and Netflix bundle offers can I redeem?
There's a limit of 3 bundles per customer or Google Account. Please refer to the terms & conditions for more information.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/10017020
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1749 posts
2996 upvotes
SpykeYs wrote: Can you run a VPN app on this new Chromecast with google TV in order for all traffic to be encrypted and protected ? For example if I wanted to use IPTV and be behind a VPN ?
Yes. There are VPN apps in the store (I use PIA for region unlocking and privacy, but there are many others).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

szostalo