Expired Hot Deals

Church's Chicken

BOGO Chicken Combo (3 pc Chicken, Biscuit, Side + Drink) x 2 - $13.49 [via SkipTheDishes app - GTA only]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 12:51 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22760 posts
176092 upvotes
GTA

BOGO Chicken Combo (3 pc Chicken, Biscuit, Side + Drink) x 2 - $13.49 [via SkipTheDishes app - GTA only]

Expiry:
September 19, 2021
Retailer:
Church's Chicken
Church's Chicken has a BOGO chicken meal deal via the SkipTheDishes app until Sept 19. It's a BOGO on a 3 pc meal (works on pickup or delivery), so for $13.49, you get:

6 pieces of chicken
2 biscuits
2 regular sides
2 drinks

Seems like a decent deal, considering how pricey it is to eat at most fried chicken places these days. Also, not sure if anyone else got this, but I got a promo (likely YMMV) offering basically $8.50 in credit if I order by the 23rd or something (probably because I haven't ordered in a while) - definitely sweetens this deal for anyone else who may have got that too.
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 9.19.27 PM.png
Last edited by toguy on Sep 13th, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
79 replies
Oct 22, 2007
472 posts
492 upvotes
How does this deep fried goodness compare to the usual suspects (i.e. popeyes, kfc, sweet mary brown)?
Nov 22, 2009
821 posts
1006 upvotes
Toronto
The__Rock wrote: How does this deep fried goodness compare to the usual suspects (i.e. popeyes, kfc, sweet mary brown)?
I've only eaten at the dt location but I rank it on the top of fried chicken chains.
Mar 30, 2007
386 posts
160 upvotes
The biscuits alone are worth the trip if you never have eaten here
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6811 posts
7313 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Personally: jollibee > church ~ popeyes > mary browns > kfc
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1889 posts
11333 upvotes
Not seeing this in Vancouver on my Skip app or on desktop/web browser.

Must be a GTA deal only (on RFD, why I never!)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1336 posts
1412 upvotes
Toronto
They’ve been opening everywhere in Toronto recently. Their chicken is one of the best, I would rank it on par with Jolibee and above Popeyes.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2861 posts
1844 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'm in Vancouver. This promo doesn't exist.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22760 posts
176092 upvotes
GTA
Updated location - they primarily have locations in GVA, GTA, and a few in Alberta. Promo only looks to be at the GTA locations based on the sample of locations I tried.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3986 posts
1619 upvotes
Scarborough
aeba7 wrote: Personally: jollibee > church ~ popeyes > mary browns > kfc
Amateur, you're missing Chic-Fil-A and Chick-N-Joy
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1873 posts
3712 upvotes
union station, TO
popeye has a deal of the day on thursdays. 3-pc chicken for $5.49, just the chicken, no fries, no drink, so this deal by skipdishes is pretty good. even better for your wallet if you have an auto discount coupon applied by skipthedishes.
Last edited by oicthat2013 on Sep 14th, 2021 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2014
205 posts
474 upvotes
Wish they would stop just opening a million locations in GTA and got one in London. Assuming it tastes the same as in California it's amazing, small sliver above Chick-fil-A.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1624 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Popeyes deal on their site alone is 5pcs for $8.95 if you don't care much about biscuit or drink
Feb 14, 2008
307 posts
175 upvotes
Church's makes Popeyes obsolete. They're similar styles but Chruch's is crispier, and their biscuits are better. I've never gone back to Popeyes ever since I discovered Church's.
Aug 11, 2014
588 posts
481 upvotes
As a Vancouverite it's always funny to hear GTA people rave about Church's Chicken as the new fried chicken spot on the block.

In Vancouver it's the grungy place in East Van where you and your buddies head to at 3 am because it's one of the only places open at those ungodly hours.

That being said, it's not bad at all if you get a fresh batch of chicken (some locations have pieces sitting in the warmer for too long).
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
For me, Jollibee is easily the worst on this list. Whatever spice they use is not for me.. both their regular and spicy variants. Also, did not appreciate the extreme long wait for supposedly fast food fried chicken. Popeyes is still my number one. Nothing beats Popeyes fries.. ok maybe Mary brown taters. Mary Brown is like a suped up version of KFC which was awesome. I need to try Church's.. didn't realize they have that many chains in the GTA now.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7009 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
I'll take a pass on Jollibee, not my cup of tea.

The rest are similar to my taste, although I would consider popeyes-MB-KFC close enough to each other that I don't mind any of them, just depending on what I feel like that day. Church's is definitely on top of my list. I enjoy their biscuits and sides much better than the others as well.
May 19, 2005
379 posts
474 upvotes
Vancouver/Toronto
Just checked Skip the dish too bad is a GTA offer
Living in Vancouver now. Church's been my go to.
In the GTA personal go to are -
One lil hidden gem for juicy fried chicken is in the colorful corner of Sherbourne/Dundas in >Sammy's convenience store $4.50, 2 PC with tons of Wedges >Popeye's >Mary Brown
Daydreaming about the food in Richmond, B.c.. I miss that place :) :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2861 posts
1844 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
People thinking church's is better than Popeye's probably have never had popeyes usa.

The chicken at Popeye's Canada sucks. It's not even the same recipe as the USA.
Oct 12, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
getting an error when I try to order, says address outside of delivery area. I'm only a 10 minute drive and from here order via doordash pretty often so that's odd, anyone know a way to bypass this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)