Expired Hot Deals

Church's Chicken

BOGO Chicken Combo (3 pc Chicken, Biscuit, Side + Drink) x 2 - $13.49 [via SkipTheDishes app - GTA only]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 12:51 am
Sep 15, 2015
952 posts
827 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Eleventeen wrote:
Yea there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with many of the mary browns in the GTA for you guys not to understand they are supposed to be miles ahead of anyone else. They need to fire whoever is in charge of quality control there, if they have anyone at all.

If you guys ever visit newfoundland, try any mary browns there.. The original, all of them are epic. And very consistent, the franchise is much harder on stores that fall out of line there. That said, it's is the kind of place / recipe / cooking style that can vary depending on the cooks talent/passion for there job, so the best ones there tend not to be in the capital either, mount pearl or better yet farther out in the small bay towns is where you'll find the highest quality.

The ones here in KW are solid oto, not nearly newfoundland level, but still close enough to be by far the best.
(Kitchener / Waterloo for the uninitiated)

Meanwhile our Popeye is perhaps the worst location in canada, so yea YMMV on chicken places. We have a brand new church's that imo is up to churches standards, and pales in comparison to mary browns to give some reference though.

ps: Always order the chicken and taters.. Don't be tempted by there various other things, there fries are meh and the other items while good, are generally not popular/limited time, so have a higher chance to be made wrong. Alternatively chicken fingers are top quality usually, but pretty much cost the same as chicken so not worth unless you super in the mood for them. There gravy is also the best.
Exactly! 100% Agree on everything, and spot on about MB menu.

I came from Nfld and often ordered Mary brown as my go to meals (stores at MP, Torby, Conception Bay were all serving me well. Lots of great chicken memories after staying on the chilly beach). I know it is good but just took it for granted. Until later moving to gta, I didn’t get why my wife kept ordering chicken at Popeyes… later I found we had MB and Church in gta and introduced her those two, we never get chicken from popeye again.

I also didn’t get all the hype about chick fil a when they first opened in Canada. I mean it is good but not an hour long wait good. Personally, a quality Texas brisket maybe worth it; fried chicken? as long as they are fresh and crispy at the right temp, no need to seasoned hard or any secret receipt, should come out decently. I don’t know how some stores mess up so badly.
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Mar 5, 2007
326 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Is SkipTheDishes worth downloading for any other perks? I know UberEATs usually has decent promos from time-to-time. How does STD (lol) compare?
Jul 18, 2015
225 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
r3ddrag0nx wrote: Is SkipTheDishes worth downloading for any other perks? I know UberEATs usually has decent promos from time-to-time. How does STD (lol) compare?
Yes - Skip is always sending out $5/$7 "tokens of appreciation". I use these with pickup orders to get super cheap meals.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1042 posts
1212 upvotes
r3ddrag0nx wrote: Is SkipTheDishes worth downloading for any other perks? I know UberEATs usually has decent promos from time-to-time. How does STD (lol) compare?
Much better for targeted promos. I haven't got a targeted Uber promo in years.. But I get them almost every week from skip.

They recently switched from offering credits to points though, works the same just encourages loyalty since the bonus points are earned if you do a order usually within a week, sometimes 2 weeks.

I've gotten 2500, 4000, 5000, 6500 and 8500 point offers. (1k points = $1)

Depending on your area, quite a few restaurants also do free delivery with minimum spend. And free with skip means actually free. Not fake free still pay the taxes on delivery and a 11.3% service fee as uber does.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2176 posts
1070 upvotes
Antarctica
Getting deals is quite YMMV. We used to order a lot from skip but they stopped giving any deals and we haven’t received a single deal in the past year while Uber eats that we finally switched to due to this sent a decent number of promos our way.

Both seem to stop sending promos after the 1 year mark of usage it seems, at least from our usage.
Nov 23, 2020
334 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: It's all personal preference of course but for Church's I don't find their spicy to be spicy enough when compared to Popeye's spicy offering. Also the honey biscuits at Church's are too sweet for me.

That being said , I do like Church's fries better than Popeye's and KFC.
Church's fries is the worst out of any fast food chain. Horrible, just horrible.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
May 22, 2021
92 posts
29 upvotes
This deal lets me pick sides - has anyone tried anything besides the fries?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22897 posts
178017 upvotes
GTA
One thing I will say, is that I have found SkipTheDishes has much better customer service. If you try to raise any issue with Uber eats, the couple times I have needed, to, I have gotten essentially "too bad, so sad" as a response, whereas I have had no issue getting credited / compensated for any issues with SkipTheDishes.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1739 posts
772 upvotes
Markham
Gonna try this place tomorrow. Any recommendations what to order for the side?
10700K + Asus TUF 3080.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22897 posts
178017 upvotes
GTA
I ordered fries + coleslaw - both were OK, though nothing special. The biscuits were fresh, so if you really like those like many in this thread, you could always order extras as your sides, though as I mentioned earlier, my personal preference are the Popeyes ones.
Sep 6, 2006
519 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
rottweilersmile wrote: This deal lets me pick sides - has anyone tried anything besides the fries?
I enjoy the jalapeño poppers over all the other sides. Or you can get a second biscuit.
Jun 14, 2018
168 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
Horrible chicken...oily.. please avoid
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1861 posts
1648 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sweetcute wrote: Horrible chicken...oily.. please avoid
They are not that bad. Chicken meat a bit tasteless compared to Popeyes though
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7904 posts
3874 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Eleventeen wrote: Yea there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with many of the mary browns in the GTA for you guys not to understand they are supposed to be miles ahead of anyone else. They need to fire whoever is in charge of quality control there, if they have anyone at all.

If you guys ever visit newfoundland, try any mary browns there.. The original, all of them are epic. And very consistent, the franchise is much harder on stores that fall out of line there. That said, it's is the kind of place / recipe / cooking style that can vary depending on the cooks talent/passion for there job, so the best ones there tend not to be in the capital either, mount pearl or better yet farther out in the small bay towns is where you'll find the highest quality.

The ones here in KW are solid oto, not nearly newfoundland level, but still close enough to be by far the best.
(Kitchener / Waterloo for the uninitiated)

Meanwhile our Popeye is perhaps the worst location in canada, so yea YMMV on chicken places. We have a brand new church's that imo is up to churches standards, and pales in comparison to mary browns to give some reference though.

ps: Always order the chicken and taters.. Don't be tempted by there various other things, there fries are meh and the other items while good, are generally not popular/limited time, so have a higher chance to be made wrong. Alternatively chicken fingers are top quality usually, but pretty much cost the same as chicken so not worth unless you super in the mood for them. There gravy is also the best.
I think it isn't just fast food. There is something seriously wrong with customer service industry in Canada overall.
Always treat customer like trash, especially the big corps.
Food is generally bad here. It is because any attempt to make it good will make the price of the food super unaffordable. And more importantly, we got used to the crappy food that we cannot tell good from bad including all the ingredient they use.
The conclusion of why they treat customer like trash and why is the quality of food so bad? It is because they can.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Feb 25, 2019
55 posts
20 upvotes
anshiren wrote: Exactly! 100% Agree on everything, and spot on about MB menu.

I came from Nfld and often ordered Mary brown as my go to meals (stores at MP, Torby, Conception Bay were all serving me well. Lots of great chicken memories after staying on the chilly beach). I know it is good but just took it for granted. Until later moving to gta, I didn’t get why my wife kept ordering chicken at Popeyes… later I found we had MB and Church in gta and introduced her those two, we never get chicken from popeye again.

I also didn’t get all the hype about chick fil a when they first opened in Canada. I mean it is good but not an hour long wait good. Personally, a quality Texas brisket maybe worth it; fried chicken? as long as they are fresh and crispy at the right temp, no need to seasoned hard or any secret receipt, should come out decently. I don’t know how some stores mess up so badly.
Ha ha, I still remember my first MB. (at Freshwater Road, St John's) The meal was 2.99, no tax.
Now, my family like double fried Korean fried chicken.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3100 posts
6330 upvotes
Sweetcute wrote: Horrible chicken...oily.. please avoid
I ordered this recently and the chicken was pretty bad, the sides were sick though. I remembered why I only order biscuits lol.
May 22, 2021
92 posts
29 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I think it isn't just fast food. There is something seriously wrong with customer service industry in Canada overall.
Always treat customer like trash, especially the big corps.
Food is generally bad here. It is because any attempt to make it good will make the price of the food super unaffordable. And more importantly, we got used to the crappy food that we cannot tell good from bad including all the ingredient they use.
The conclusion of why they treat customer like trash and why is the quality of food so bad? It is because they can.
Getting paid minimum wage and dealing with shitty customers can’t help.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1739 posts
772 upvotes
Markham
Just finished my meal. Ordered a poutine and jalapeno bombers.

Chicken pieces were pretty big and not too greasy, reminds me of Popeyes, just not as flavorful but more crispy and overall very good.

Jalapeno bombers were the BOMB, get it?

Poutine was just meh.

Biscuit, nothing special about them?
10700K + Asus TUF 3080.
Jan 8, 2014
352 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
just finished my meal,

They hooked me up and gave me only 1 drumstick in each, so 2 drumsticks, 4 thighs total. Chicken size is big.

Biscuits were amazing, highlight of the meal, fries were good.

Overall very happy with the deal, wish there was gravy on the side.

Back to UberEats I go though, Skip's deals are barren and very YMMV
"A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde