Expired Hot Deals

Church's Chicken

BOGO Chicken Combo (3 pc Chicken, Biscuit, Side + Drink) x 2 - $13.49 [via SkipTheDishes app - GTA only]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2021 12:51 am
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2060 posts
937 upvotes
Antarctica
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I think it isn't just fast food. There is something seriously wrong with customer service industry in Canada overall.
Always treat customer like trash, especially the big corps.
Food is generally bad here. It is because any attempt to make it good will make the price of the food super unaffordable. And more importantly, we got used to the crappy food that we cannot tell good from bad including all the ingredient they use.
The conclusion of why they treat customer like trash and why is the quality of food so bad? It is because they can.
Most franchise owners are more interested in saving as much costs as possible over listening to customers. I have seen them openly wave away any customer feedback the peasant workers have tried to pass to them. Not to mention corporate wants to pick the most over processed and cheap ingredients for everything.

The way it goes is:

marketing to make you believe they have the best food > cost shavings from useless activities > actual customer feedback.

They would rather cut food budget by 50% and increase marketing by 25%.
Jan 25, 2016
504 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
Thaid wrote: Church's makes Popeyes obsolete. They're similar styles but Chruch's is crispier, and their biscuits are better. I've never gone back to Popeyes ever since I discovered Church's.
Biscuits are great. Try their Onion Rings. Very, very good.
Sep 4, 2018
112 posts
219 upvotes
First time getting church’s. Am i suppose to get 3 biscuits in each box or just 1, because they gave 3. Not complaining - it’s really good. Chicken is not bad either.
May 22, 2021
82 posts
28 upvotes
Stupid question... does this mean the deal ends on sunday or sunday is the last valid day
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22760 posts
176092 upvotes
GTA
skyaryd wrote: First time getting church’s. Am i suppose to get 3 biscuits in each box or just 1, because they gave 3. Not complaining - it’s really good. Chicken is not bad either.
There's supposed to be one biscuit with each meal (so 2 total as standard) but you can opt for another as a side with each. So potentially, you could get up to 4 total, but assuming you went with something else for your sides, you should have 2 biscuits in total.
rottweilersmile wrote: Stupid question... does this mean the deal ends on sunday or sunday is the last valid day
Sunday is the last valid day for this.
Last edited by toguy on Sep 17th, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 20, 2017
996 posts
1171 upvotes
rottweilersmile wrote: Getting paid minimum wage and dealing with shitty customers can’t help.
Seems to bode fine with the countrymen of many nations. Lots of very nice service industry workers in asia, south america, etc. Perhaps the customers there are kinder, but not a ton kinder.

But yea, suppose it just isn't in our DNA.

So our service industry motto:
"I'm just doing my job! I'm just doing my job! The customer is always wrong!"
oh canada
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
Went to the Jane and Finch location this morning.. there were 3 police cars at the mall lol. Unfortunately, that's the closest place to my house and still a 6-7 km drive. The chicken was fairly close to Popeyes that it is not worth getting shot over. Fries were ok, Popeye's is way better. The biscuit was a life changing experience. I've hated biscuits all my life and this is the first time I've liked them. So IMO, Church's chicken = Popeyes. I'll stick to the safer one for now lol.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16054 posts
4638 upvotes
Scarberia
jimmyzaas wrote: Went to the Jane and Finch location this morning.. there were 3 police cars at the mall lol. Unfortunately, that's the closest place to my house and still a 6-7 km drive. The chicken was fairly close to Popeyes that it is not worth getting shot over. Fries were ok, Popeye's is way better. The biscuit was a life changing experience. I've hated biscuits all my life and this is the first time I've liked them. So IMO, Church's chicken = Popeyes. I'll stick to the safer one for now lol.
i like church's gravy,coleslaw too! not many scarborough east locations tho..nearest one to me is cedarbrae mall
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
mikka2017 wrote: i like church's gravy,coleslaw too! not many scarborough east locations tho..nearest one to me is cedarbrae mall
Crap... Now I need to try the gravy too.. haha. Maybe it'll make a difference.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2004
7246 posts
2909 upvotes
jimmyzaas wrote: Crap... Now I need to try the gravy too.. haha. Maybe it'll make a difference.
I know someone who used to drink church’s gravy.
Mar 20, 2021
12 posts
51 upvotes
jimmyzaas wrote: Went to the Jane and Finch location this morning.. there were 3 police cars at the mall lol. Unfortunately, that's the closest place to my house and still a 6-7 km drive. The chicken was fairly close to Popeyes that it is not worth getting shot over. Fries were ok, Popeye's is way better. The biscuit was a life changing experience. I've hated biscuits all my life and this is the first time I've liked them. So IMO, Church's chicken = Popeyes. I'll stick to the safer one for now lol.
Your post was more about putting the area down than about the chicken. The post right after yours could have easily put down Scarborough but chose not to.

You were in so much fear you chose to purchase food anyways? The odds of you getting shot had to been really low or your curiosity for Church's chicken had to be sky high. Jane & Finch does have a bad reputation, but you were more titillated about reporting how you ventured into a bad neighbourhood and could have got shot because the police were at the mall as usual.

Your post would have held substance if you said "I went to get food, but the police taped off the area because of a shooting." It's a good thing that bullets, people with low morals and the mentally ill adhere to postal codes.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1031 posts
446 upvotes
GTA
Slapntickle wrote: Your post was more about putting the area down than about the chicken. The post right after yours could have easily put down Scarborough but chose not to.

You were in so much fear you chose to purchase food anyways? The odds of you getting shot had to been really low or your curiosity for Church's chicken had to be sky high. Jane & Finch does have a bad reputation, but you were more titillated about reporting how you ventured into a bad neighbourhood and could have got shot because the police were at the mall as usual.

Your post would have held substance if you said "I went to get food, but the police taped off the area because of a shooting." It's a good thing that bullets, people with low morals and the mentally ill adhere to postal codes.
Off topic but looks like police were there because of sexual assault. It's on CP24. I ventured into the area because someone I know lives there and he said the area has improved quite a bit and yet that's the first thing I saw. Unfortunately none of the locations at major mac are participating in skip the dishes. So yes, to take advantage of this deal, that is the closest location I could have gone to. Also yes, I was quite curious about the taste of Church's chicken. In short, I was curious about both the area and church's chicken. Thanks for your kind post.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1102 posts
976 upvotes
jimmyzaas wrote: Unfortunately none of the locations at major mac are participating in skip the dishes.
Ah that explains why I didn't see the offer. Created skip the dishes account to look for this. Well lucky got this week's 75% off Uber eats
Mar 20, 2021
12 posts
51 upvotes
jimmyzaas wrote:
Off topic but looks like police were there because of sexual assault. It's on CP24. I ventured into the area because someone I know lives there and he said the area has improved quite a bit and yet that's the first thing I saw. Unfortunately none of the locations at major mac are participating in skip the dishes. So yes, to take advantage of this deal, that is the closest location I could have gone to. Also yes, I was quite curious about the taste of Church's chicken. In short, I was curious about both the area and church's chicken. Thanks for your kind post.
The purpose of my post was to show you that you threw shade at the area and still felt safe enough to purchase food.

You provided good information about locations that were not participating the promotion, which someone found useful in your last post.

On topic. I had Jollibee for the first time and found it to be just okay, a little bland and greasy. I bought regular and spicy, and found the spicy to be the kind that burns your tongue and not make eating enjoyable. It could have been the location, I bought it from Brampton City Centre.

I have yet to try Church's again, not since before they where operating out of Harvey's.

As of now I rate: MB>Jollibee=Popeye's. KFC does not make the list because I refuse to purchase it because I find the taste and texture of the meat very odd.
Mar 1, 2014
727 posts
820 upvotes
jimmyzaas wrote: Went to the Jane and Finch location this morning.
Went to the same location this afternoon, also because it's the closest location by comparison, although not a short drive. Arrived a few minutes after when the order was supposed to be ready, yet it wasn't, not even close. The place wasn't busy at all then, but apparently two of the only three guys already there had been waiting for a while for their pickups, one of them being a delivery driver with a red cooler bag. Poor guy probably would have to take some blame for a late delivery that's totally not his fault. Eventually the order was 15 minutes late.

That wasn't the worst part. Drove back home, opened the two boxes and found each had only two pieces of chicken. On top of that, both combos got original chicken while one was supposed to have spicy.

Reported the missing items issue to Skip.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1102 posts
976 upvotes
Slapntickle wrote: I have yet to try Church's again, not since before they where operating out of Harvey's.
Still juicy like it was 15+ years ago. Only issue the time I tried it at the Markham location, all the chicken was ready and just sitting there under the heat lamps. Whenever I got it at Harveys, it was always freshly cooked.
Jun 3, 2011
63 posts
23 upvotes
Whitby
Churchs Chicken before had a deal if u answered their online survey from the back of any of their reciepts..
U could come back in and get 1 free chicken piece and biscuit..
Then we u get ur food.. they gave u another receipt.. u fill it again n again u a puece free and biscuit..
I think they changed it.. i think its still the same only diff u need to buy a drink..
So if ur looking a deal.. thats a pretty good deal..
Nov 12, 2007
155 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener
I remember Church chicken in new Jersey had fried chicken livers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6491 posts
2497 upvotes
Their onion rings are very good, Popeyes onion rings are no good at all. Comparable chicken IMO

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Nini888