[CIBC] $25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency
- Deal Link:
$25 for converting $300 into a foreign currency
- Free $25 for converting $300 CAD into another currency for yourself.
- This must be your first foreign-exchange order with CIBC.
- Free home delivery or branch pick-up.
- No conversion fee.
- Must currently have a CIBC bank account or line of credit.
- Must use link from a fellow CIBC customer.
From the CIBC Foreign Cash Online Referral Program Terms and Conditions PDF.
1. The referral offer is available to any CIBC client who has registered for the CIBC Foreign Cash Online service (“referrer”) who refers a friend to CIBC to conduct a CIBC Foreign Cash Online order for the first time. The offer is only offered to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
2. A cash referral bonus in an amount determined by CIBC from time to time [currently $25 --OP] will be paid to each of the referrer and the friend if:
a) The referrer uses the FX order referral link in CIBC Online Banking to email the friend the offer (no Bonus will be paid if the friend is referred in any other manner); and
b) The friend logs into CIBC Online Banking, clicks the referral link and sends their first FX order in an amount not less than $300 CDN (or the equivalent amount in a foreign currency) from a CIBC personal bank or line of credit account held in their name within 30 days of receiving the email referral.
3. Bonuses will be paid into the referee’s and friend’s personal bank accounts within 15 business days of the friend’s first FX order. In there are multiple accounts in the referee’s or friend’s name, CIBC will choose which account will be credited.
4. If the referrer or friend does not have a personal deposit account, they will need to open one for CIBC to deposit the bonus. Bonuses will only be paid if the personal deposit account open at the time of payment and will not be paid in any other manner.
5. Limit of one bonus paid to the referrer per friend and one bonus paid to the friend, regardless of the number of accounts in the friend’s name. The friend must have never sent a FX order previously. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or rebate unless otherwise disclosed.
6. FX orders count towards allowable transaction limits on accounts and bank account transaction fees may apply.
7. CIBC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, disqualify, limit or revoke this offer for any person it finds or believes to be manipulating or otherwise abusing the process, fairness, or integrity of the offer.
8. CIBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this offer, or to amend these terms and conditions, in any way without prior notice or obligation for any reason whatsoever. Continued use of the offer means that you accept the terms in force at that time.
10. Please visit https://www.cibc.com/ca/how-to-bank/for ... nline.html for information regarding any updates to these terms.
Some questions answered (from https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... nline.html)
What currencies do I have access to when ordering foreign cash online?
The table below outlines up to 65 foreign currency banknotes offered by CIBC, representing more than 90 countries around the world:
Currency Code Currency Name Country
AED United Arab Emirates Dirham United Arabic Emirates
ANG Netherlands Antillean Guilder Netherlands Antilles
AUD Australian Dollar Australia
AWG Aruban Florin Aruba
BBD Barbadian Dollar Barbados
BGN Bulgarian Lev Bulgaria
BHD Bahraini Dinar Bahrain
BMD Bermudian Dollar Bermuda
BND Brunei Dollar Brunei
BRL Brazilian Real Brazil
BZD Belize Dollar Belize
CHF Swiss Franc Switzerland
CLP Chilean Peso Chile
CNY Chinese Yuan China
COP Colombian Peso Colombia
CRC Costa Rican Colón Costa Rica
CZK Czech Koruna Czech Republic
DKK Danish Krone Denmark
DOP Dominican Peso Dominican Republic
EUR Euro European Union
FJD Fijian Dollar Fiji
GBP British Pound Great Britain
GTQ Guatemalan Quetzal Guatemala
HKD Hong Kong Dollar Hong Kong
HRK Croatian Kuna Croatia
HUF Hungarian Forint Hungary
IDR Indonesian Rupiah Indonesia
ILS Israeli new Shekel Israel
JMD Jamaican Dollar Jamaica
JOD Jordanian Dinar Jordan
JPY Japanese Yen Japan
KES Kenyan Shilling Kenya
KRW South Korean Won South Korea
KWD Kuwaiti Dinar Kuwait
KYD Cayman Islands Dollar Cayman Islands
MUR Mauritian Rupee Mauritius
MXN Mexican Peso Mexico
MYR Malaysian Ringgit Malaysia
NIO Nicaraguan Córdoba Nicaragua
NOK Norwegian Krone Norway
NZD New Zealand Dollar New Zealand
OMR Omani Rial Oman
PEN Peruvian Nuevo Sol Peru
PGK Papua New Guinean Kina Papua New Guinea
PHP Philippine Peso Philippines
PKR Pakistani Rupee Pakistan
PLN Polish Zloty Poland
PYG Paraguayan Guaraní Paraguay
QAR Qatari Riyal Qatar
RON Romanian Leu Romania
RUB Russian Ruble Russia
SAR Saudi Riyal Saudi Arabia
SEK Swedish Krona Sweden
SGD Singapore Dollar Singapore
THB Thai Baht Thailand
TND Tunisian Dinar Tunisia
TRY Turkish Lira Turkey
TWD New Taiwan Dollar Taiwan
USD United States Dollar United States
UYU Uruguayan Peso Uruguay
VND Vietnamese Dong Vietnam
VUV Vanuatu Vatu Vanuatu
XPF CFP Franc French Polynesia
ZAR South African Rand South Africa
Am I charged a fee for using CIBC Foreign Cash?
No, you’re not charged a service fee with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™. However, each transaction does count towards your allowable transaction limit. Bank account transaction fees may apply. CIBC Foreign Cash also provides free delivery to your home or any CIBC Banking Centre (including Toronto Pearson Airport).
When ordering foreign cash online, how long will it take to arrive?
Your foreign currency will be delivered within 3 business days to most urban branch and home locations. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm ET. Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. box and business addresses, some remote locations or internationally.
How can I get additional support?
For assistance with CIBC Foreign Cash Online™ and your transactions, call us at 1-866-330-7344, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What CIBC bank accounts can I purchase foreign currency from?
You may purchase foreign currency from any of your Canadian-denominated chequing, saving or personal line of credit accounts.