• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2021 10:40 am
[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
49 posts
25 upvotes

[CIBC] $50 gift card Aug 25 last date. New customer only

Hi

If you bring in your statement from another bank fi for over 20k and have a chat with a bank employee you get $50 e- gift card. I recieved a Mastercard in 7 days. No need to open anything, I did though to Capitalize on their $300 offer for chequings account as well.
Since time is less just walkin/phone in.
36 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2018
1315 posts
2010 upvotes
Centre of the Univer…
It says investment statement, is a chequeing account statement accepted?

In term of investments, do TFSA/RRSP count?
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1636 posts
7625 upvotes
You can PM this at BMO, but YMMV. I had to go to the branch to activate my new BMO eclipse card and just, as a joke after, showed them this CIBC offer and asked, "while I'm here anyway, are you guys doing something like this?" I totally meant it as a joke! Anyway, they said just wait a sec, spoke to someone else (maybe the branch manager?) and said they'd just give me a $50 credit on my card. 🤣🤣🤣 I took it and quite literally ran out of there!
Nov 23, 2014
168 posts
60 upvotes
I only have a credit card with CIBC. Would I still be eligible for this?
Jan 17, 2017
117 posts
249 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: It says investment statement, is a chequeing account statement accepted?

T&Cs at end of OP state "The investment statement(s) must show a minimum of $20000 in registered or non-registered investable assets outside of CIBC or CIBC subsidiaries"
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
4661 posts
4153 upvotes
Sounds like you need to meet with an investment advisor.. so appointment required.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
49 posts
25 upvotes
CertainSomeone wrote: It says investment statement, is a chequeing account statement accepted?

I think their idea is to have a talk reg your money to provide you some advice. So chequings or rsp or tfsa any of these should work
Jun 12, 2015
735 posts
348 upvotes
Mississauga
Thx OP.
Nice deal for no commitment required
[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
49 posts
25 upvotes
Try booking a phone in appointment at any available branch. Even if it's far.
Jul 28, 2006
281 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Just FYI: if you have any CIBC product, it would disqualify you from the promo. Just got called to be informed that my old CIBC credit card I have sitting around disqualifies me from getting $50. Super pedantic of them to have this criteria. Seriously considering closing everything and ending my business relationship with them.
[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
49 posts
25 upvotes
trip_vanwinkle wrote: Just FYI: if you have any CIBC product, it would disqualify you from the promo. Just got called to be informed that my old CIBC credit card I have sitting around disqualifies me from getting $50. Super pedantic of them to have this criteria. Seriously considering closing everything and ending my business relationship with them.

In case you are looking at starting anything new with them, I would let them know, I m sure they will accommodate in that case
Jul 28, 2006
281 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Ukshak wrote: In case you are looking at starting anything new with them, I would let them know, I m sure they will accommodate in that case
I did. It was a no-go. I let the rep know that I would be interested in seeing what they have to offer in terms of investing/wealth management. Said he would be happy to do so, but still will not qualify for the $50. No exceptions from outlined criteria. YMMV, but this was my experience.
Apr 20, 2019
68 posts
17 upvotes
Hi, can we show Sunlife RRSP account to qualify for this offer? Does this needs to be an in-person meeting or a telephonic meeting would suffice?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2387 posts
1486 upvotes
Burnaby
Can i show my Questrade TFSA as investment or does it have to be a bank?
[OP]
Aug 19, 2021
49 posts
25 upvotes
GOT1110 wrote: Hi, can we show Sunlife RRSP account to qualify for this offer? Does this needs to be an in-person meeting or a telephonic meeting would suffice?
Anything goes. It should have more than 20k
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
8478 posts
5453 upvotes
Global Village
trip_vanwinkle wrote: Just FYI: if you have any CIBC product, it would disqualify you from the promo. Just got called to be informed that my old CIBC credit card I have sitting around disqualifies me from getting $50. Super pedantic of them to have this criteria. Seriously considering closing everything and ending my business relationship with them.
Leave it to CIBC to penalize/exclude their own cc customers...
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
May 4, 2010
151 posts
68 upvotes
This is a bummer. I booked a telephone meeting and was told that since I used to have a banking account with them (5 years ago), I'm not considered new customer and not eligible for that gift card. Didn't bother to argue.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)