Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

Locked: Aventura Infinite and Aventura Gold 35K/40K Bonus points on $1000 Spend (FYF) = $500/$437.5

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2023 9:51 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9449 posts
11800 upvotes
Calgary
TheHutt wrote: Had a Visa AI with a limit of $48000 reduced limit to $10000 and PS to no fee Visa A card.
Applied for both Gold card and then Infinite card with link in OP.
I was not instant approved for either card. Crying Face

Could someone assist me of what step(s) I should take when they contact me?
What are you asking? They will approve or reject your application. And you move on.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
SammyDavis wrote: What are you asking? They will approve or reject your application. And you move on.
Nahh they want to know the magic word to get approved for multiple cards!

When I whisper "you're the best agent I've ever dealt with" I get automatic approval + additional freebies like my own personal CIBC driver. I have 3 drivers on speed dial now from this 1 trick.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1594 posts
399 upvotes
Ottawa
GlennButerol wrote: Anyone know if you lose the lounge visits immediately after canceling or product switching?
For me it took 2 - 3 weeks until lounges pass is updated to 0
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1171 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
In reading this thread - if you apply points to a purchase and cancel - do you get cash on your card or are the points credited back to your account. I am unsure of how the cancelling of trip give you any bonus.
Maui / Kaua'i timeshare reservation available - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/hawaii- ... #p38609716
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12139 posts
2759 upvotes
Guelph
jesterwilly2004 wrote: In reading this thread - if you apply points to a purchase and cancel - do you get cash on your card or are the points credited back to your account. I am unsure of how the cancelling of trip give you any bonus.
Cash on your card as negative balance.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: A bit of both
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time! LOL!
Dynasty12345 wrote: Nahh they want to know the magic word to get approved for multiple cards!

When I whisper "you're the best agent I've ever dealt with" I get automatic approval + additional freebies like my own personal CIBC driver. I have 3 drivers on speed dial now from this 1 trick.
You lie. CIBC only has 2 drivers in their fleet. One of them just dropped off my new Visa's PIN code. :lol:
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Dec 20, 2018
79 posts
52 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Call cibc and ask them to shift limits from one credit card to another. Ask for at least $1K to move from either one of your other cards to give your Gold card enough limit to make your purchases easier. It’s called consolidating your limits. You don’t need to give them any reason why you want to move limits around.

If you don’t want such large limits on your cards you can also ask them to lower some as well.

Keep in mind though that sometimes it’s advantageous to call in and ask to carve off some limits from existing cards with high limits to birth new cards, but not for this promo as it’s an online offer to get the elevated SUB. An advantage of this is there’s no hard credit pull to grant new credit.
Thanks for the advice. I shift the the limit of my dividend card over to the gold aventura card. The rep offered to PS my dividend card to the Infinite AP card, I would get a 40k welcome bonus and a 1 free year. Do you think the 40k WB for the inifinite AP is good enough?

I do intend to lower the credit limit on the infinite aventura card in a few days to give more room for new cards in the future. My goal is to just build up my av points to 200k, then ill either stop churning or continue at low frequency.
Jun 18, 2013
313 posts
119 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: This thread is even more painful now.
Idk if I can handle the pain much longer
Feb 4, 2011
60 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
Is this card better than the RBC Avion and TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite? In terms of point value
Also, what's the best way to apply?
Never had a points card before, always did cash back, so this is new to me. All help and advice is appreciated!
Jun 18, 2013
313 posts
119 upvotes
BTFan wrote: Is this card better than the RBC Avion and TD First Class Travel Visa Infinite? In terms of point value
Also, what's the best way to apply?
Never had a points card before, always did cash back, so this is new to me. All help and advice is appreciated!
Just apply online, and is there a reason for you to not get all of them?
Feb 4, 2011
60 posts
37 upvotes
Montreal
UND3AD wrote: Just apply online, and is there a reason for you to not get all of them?
I saw some links that give you different rewards so I was wondering which was best.
And I could sign up for all 3 but 2 of them require 5k in the first 6 months. I don’t think I’d be able to spend that much if I got all 3.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
Annual fee partial refund glitch is still working. Just had two cards downgraded and got partial stuff for both.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
JaiKor wrote: Annual fee partial refund glitch is still working. Just had two cards downgraded and got partial stuff for both.
Which card did you downgrade to? I did not get partial refund for the no fee dividend
Feb 26, 2021
790 posts
1438 upvotes
JaiKor wrote: Annual fee partial refund glitch is still working. Just had two cards downgraded and got partial stuff for both.
Why partial refund? Isn't the card FYF?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2013
2621 posts
2113 upvotes
Toronto
ricedion wrote: Which card did you downgrade to? I did not get partial refund for the no fee dividend
Basic no fee AP Visa.
Its hit or miss depending on CSR you talk to while downgrading.
Melafefon wrote: Why partial refund? Isn't the card FYF?
Its a glitch. Card is FYF so AF will be refunded right away, however when you cancel/downgrade the card, system will still issue a partial refund of remaining months out of 12.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6255 upvotes
I have got the cards from last year's offer coming up for renewal, the Gold and Infinite. Have people been able to PS to another card and get the SUB/FYF on those cards and if so, which ones?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
cromdaleking wrote: Thanks for the advice. I shift the the limit of my dividend card over to the gold aventura card. The rep offered to PS my dividend card to the Infinite AP card, I would get a 40k welcome bonus and a 1 free year. Do you think the 40k WB for the inifinite AP is good enough?

I do intend to lower the credit limit on the infinite aventura card in a few days to give more room for new cards in the future. My goal is to just build up my av points to 200k, then ill either stop churning or continue at low frequency.
Thanks for sharing your info/offer.

If you’re an Aeroplan collector then that offer to PS to the AeroInfinte looks good enough to me. I think online elevated offers are currently 45K or 50K (if you can get this unicorn to appear), so 40K/FYF with $1K MSR on a PS may seem like a bit of a loss but for me I’d jump on it. Not likely that everyone will get this offer.

Why is your goal to reach 200K CIBC Aventura Rewards points? And will you be able to redeem with the 1.25 cpp promotion? Currently, it’s set to expire on Jul 16, 2023.
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Jan 10, 2011
491 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
cromdaleking wrote: Thanks for the advice. I shift the the limit of my dividend card over to the gold aventura card. The rep offered to PS my dividend card to the Infinite AP card, I would get a 40k welcome bonus and a 1 free year. Do you think the 40k WB for the inifinite AP is good enough?

Don't know you can product switch card within CIBC and still get the welcome bonus on the new card. Thought this is something unique with TD.

Just cancelled my three cards from last year's promo, didn't bother to ask for switch.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12734 posts
6255 upvotes
tailetong wrote: Don't know you can product switch card within CIBC and still get the welcome bonus on the new card. Thought this is something unique with TD.

Just cancelled my three cards from last year's promo, didn't bother to ask for switch.
Asked about a switch from the Gold to the Infinite Aventura, my WB was going to be 2500 and FYF. Might have to cancel if those are the only offers.
Don't want to risk switching to AP as I had the Infinite AP two years which was switched to the regular AP last year. Aeroplan may be watching.

I wonder what banks have to say about the new Terms from Aeroplan/Air Canada

Just called CIBC again, not getting any better PS offers. I think it is based on customers how much you have spent etc.
Offer I got to switch from Gold or Infinite was to CIBC Aeroplan (10000 points) and CIBC Aventura (2500) both free cards.

Much smoother/better process with TD.
Dec 12, 2016
195 posts
378 upvotes
Moogadishoo
Recent DP's seem to suggest that the offer is now down to 35K points only.

It seems like CIBC has been reducing the offer by 5K every month - from 45K (Nov) to 40K (Dec) to 35K (Jan).

What do others think?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)