Credit Cards

CIBC Aventura infinite visa 35k (including product change)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2021 11:21 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
783 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto, ON

CIBC Aventura infinite visa 35k (including product change)

Called in to check any offers. Basically all offers were available that match what is on the web.

Chose aventura for the $800 rewards and nexus rebate. FYF as well. 15k bonus first purchase and 20k if u spend $1000 every month for 12 months. 4 priority passes (Though useless now with premium plaza no longer available)

Didn't choose aeroplan infinite because the buddy pass is only for new applications.
https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-bankin ... cards.html

imo aventura card is really ugly for $139. I like aeroplan card look.
7 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16058 posts
4638 upvotes
Scarberia
if i PS from div infinite CB to the aventura infinite, do i get the bonus? or do i need to cancel and reapply! tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
[OP]
Apr 23, 2014
783 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mikka2017 wrote: if i PS from div infinite CB to the aventura infinite, do i get the bonus? or do i need to cancel and reapply! tia
Call to ask

I didn't have to cancel and reapply.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16058 posts
4638 upvotes
Scarberia
fudge, so the aventura infinite gets NO buddy pass right? only the aeroplan gets it? shoot
so im hoping to get the bonus aventura points, then PS to the aeroplan!, either way i have 2 ccs to product switch TO the aeroplan cuz i want that free 30k buddy pts!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2016
1944 posts
962 upvotes
I product switched from CIBC Aeroplan to CIBC Aventura. Got the 15k initial points. Not sure about FYF, as my Smart Plus account waived the annual fee. Anyone know where I can see the transaction record of Aventura ponits? CIBC rewards website seem like a mess compared to Aeroplan app, to be honest.

I would argue that PP passes are not necessarily useless, if you only get 4 of them. Even for light travelers, finding opportunities to use 4 passes once COVID restrictions lift shouldn't be too hard. Losing Plaza Premium is a big deal if you have a card that grants unlimited entry (and pay the big annual fees for it).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
16058 posts
4638 upvotes
Scarberia
BlueSolstice wrote: I product switched from CIBC Aeroplan to CIBC Aventura. Got the 15k initial points. Not sure about FYF, as my Smart Plus account waived the annual fee. Anyone know where I can see the transaction record of Aventura ponits? CIBC rewards website seem like a mess compared to Aeroplan app, to be honest.

I would argue that PP passes are not necessarily useless, if you only get 4 of them. Even for light travelers, finding opportunities to use 4 passes once COVID restrictions lift shouldn't be too hard. Losing Plaza Premium is a big deal if you have a card that grants unlimited entry (and pay the big annual fees for it).
do u plan on switching back to the AP infinite in 6-12months :)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2016
1944 posts
962 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: do u plan on switching back to the AP infinite in 6-12months :)
Probably. I got the Smart Plus account for free by having my RRSP and TFSA with IE, so might as well get a free credit card. I held my previous CIBC AP infinite for a year and spent 10k on it, getting the one year point bonus. Will probably PS away once I use up my 4 PP passes, assuming travel returns.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2993 posts
4947 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How much is 20k points worth? I think u can redeem them for gift cards?

Looking to get this card mainly for the nexus rebate and the lounge passes. My partner had this card but covid hit and then we missed out on using those lounge passes as they expire.