• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2021 2:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1205 posts
898 upvotes

CIBC, BMO and Scotia cash back 10% cards welcome bonuses end dates vary

Update 6/8: I was trying to move the OP to the thread summary, I thought I saved it, but it didn't. In the meantime, my OP has been updated with most of it cut out. I don't think I can recover that, so I requested the mod to delete this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Update 6/8: I no longer have time to maintain this OP, I'm moving this to the thread summary so anybody can update. Although your name and action time will be recorded in the system, please add this on top of the summary 'Update xx/xx/xxxx by XXX: summarize your action.'.
Update 2/1: CIBC is bringing back 10% CB, this time directly via their website. It's great CIBC kept the same promo offer also available to lower income people. TH @mzmoney
Update 1/15: While the link still shows 10% CB, there are 2 reports of not posting 10%. Moving CIBC to expired.
Update 1/1: Manulife is no longer showing 10% CB, moved under expired deals.
Update 10/27: BMO seems to have extended their offer end date by a year. TH @Miguel Sánchez
Update 10/17: Moving Scotia Momentum VI to the bottom of the list for a while, because the payout will be happening with Nov statement.
Update 9/8: TD seemed to have extended the same offer till 12/6.
Update 9/1: Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite was added to the list.
Update 7/12: ManulifeMONEY+ Visa Infinite was added to the list.
Last edited by maverikbc on Jun 8th, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
539 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2016
1136 posts
337 upvotes
Can I apply for this card if I already have elight Money With Wings back card?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3960 posts
1273 upvotes
Calgary
Would product switching from another card to this card work?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
2014 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
The perks (10% back on the first 2k, FYF) are identical to the Scotia momentum visa. If you apply for the scotia card via GCR you also get a $60 cash back on top.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1205 posts
898 upvotes
zero_ wrote: The perks (10% back on the first 2k, FYF) are identical to the Scotia momentum visa. If you apply for the scotia card via GCR you also get a $60 cash back on top.
With Scotia, you won't get the regular portion of CB till Dec. They also limit the welcome bonus to the new customers who hadn't had their cards last 2 years according to T&C, although I haven't researched whether they enforce it or not.

Why don't you grab both?

Edit: The OP of this thread says their offer ended in Apr. I no longer see any mention of 10% CB on scotiabank.com and via GCR.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/scotia- ... s-2345186/
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5705 upvotes
If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1935 posts
4363 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
No.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5705 upvotes
cursayer wrote: No.
LOL ... I was hoping the answer was "Yes" .... cuz I recall ( POSSIBLY ) talking to TD credit card rep before about this ... and she told me one could do so, and qualify for the bonus promo (if approved for the card) ... -- so I was only double-checking basically ... but you go "No." :(
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1440 posts
652 upvotes
Victoria
I'm not really up on all that is reward cards. Is this a good card outside the initial promo? Is 3% Grocery/Gas/Utils and 1% otherwise competitive?
Jan 14, 2007
240 posts
10 upvotes
Its only up to $2000 spend.... so its just a $200 rebate.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5705 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I'm not really up on all that is reward cards. Is this a good card outside the initial promo? Is 3% Grocery/Gas/Utils and 1% otherwise competitive?
Plus a free road side assistance.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5705 upvotes
ImprezaSTi wrote: Its only up to $2000 spend.... so its just a $200 rebate.
Nothing is wrong with that ... (re: $200 rebate).
Jul 7, 2016
452 posts
896 upvotes
Darkman wrote: If I already have this card ... Can I apply for the same identical card basically, mainly just for the promo sake?
Darkman wrote: LOL ... I was hoping the answer was "Yes" .... cuz I recall ( POSSIBLY ) talking to TD credit card rep before about this ... and she told me one could do so, and qualify for the bonus promo (if approved for the card) ... -- so I was only double-checking basically ... but you go "No." :(
it actually depends. I have churned this card twice in the last twelve months because previously it only excluded cardholders who closed the TD CBI within the last 6 (?) months or received the welcome bonus within the last 6 months of applying for it (something along those lines). I did not close my CBI and still received the bonus for the second CBI (i.e. I hold 2 CBI cards).

This offer now has the exclusion for both customers who activated or closed the TD CBI within the last 12 months. So in this case, you may or may not qualify. (I personally do not as I activated 2 within the last 12 months.)
TD wrote:This offer is not available customers who have activated and/or closed a TD Cash Back Visa Infinite* Account in the last 12 months.
If you want to gamble it, may be worth checking data points in the Credit Card forums.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2009
1296 posts
472 upvotes
casperr wrote: Would product switching from another card to this card work?
In March I switched from the TD Travel to the Cashback and got the similar promo.
Jul 7, 2016
452 posts
896 upvotes
If people need more 10% offers:

BMO Cash Back World Elite - 10% on $2k over 3 months, FYF. Flexible redemtion. Expires Oct 31, 2020.

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... -cashback/

CIBC Dividend Infinite or Dividend Platinum - 10% on $2k over 4 statements, FYF. Cash back credited once a year in December. Must apply through an affiliate link below (not the public link). BMO was similar but recently became public so same may happen with CIBC. Offer started June 2, 2020. I did not see an expiry date but terms state this offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time.

https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ID=2014193
maverikbc wrote: With Scotia, you won't get the regular portion of CB till Dec. They also limit the welcome bonus to the new customers who hadn't had their cards last 2 years according to T&C, although I haven't researched whether they enforce it or not.

Why don't you grab both?

Edit: The OP of this thread says their offer ended in Apr. I no longer see any mention of 10% CB on scotiabank.com and via GCR.
scotia-momentum-visa-infinite-card-scot ... s-2345186/
Scotia's offer expired on July 1st and has many more restrictions than TD (e.g. cannot have been a Scotia cardholder for the past 2 years although many data points suggest people still got the welcome bonus).

Also, based on several data points in the Credit Card forum, Scotia seems to be quite conservative (or straight up odd) when making their decision. It indicates a minimum individual income of $60,000 or $100,000 household. However they do not seem to take household income into consideration unless you jointly apply, but they want you to report your household expenses.

Several individuals reported being declined as their individual income did not pass their tests for meeting household expenses.
Jun 28, 2013
198 posts
47 upvotes
Edmonton
Currently have the TD Cashback card.

Can i product transfer to get the welcome bonus or is it new applicants only?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1992 posts
1859 upvotes
Clicked "Apply Online" and got a Web service error. Will try again later.

EDIT: did it through EasyWeb and took a couple of minutes to get approved and card on the way
May 6, 2020
836 posts
886 upvotes
will they do a hard credit check if we are doing the switch from other card?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4985 posts
2133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Innovac wrote: will they do a hard credit check if we are doing the switch from other card?
Nope
Feb 3, 2019
397 posts
456 upvotes
When do you get the cash back? end of the year?