Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC AEROGOLD VISA FOR BUSINESS 35000 MILES (FIRST YEAR FREE REBATE)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2020 1:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey

[CIBC] CIBC AEROGOLD VISA FOR BUSINESS 35000 MILES (FIRST YEAR FREE REBATE)

This is in addiditon to the regular cibc aerogold visa someone else posted. This one gives you 20k aeroplan on first purchase and then another 15k bonus after $3000 spend in the first 4 months. FYF Rebate. Min Income of $35k. Must have a business number I think. I just applied and was approved. I Signed up for the regular visa aerogold a few days ago also
Last edited by ffonly on Jan 20th, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
79 replies
Jul 23, 2007
180 posts
215 upvotes
Montreal
Do you remember the questions they asked you when filling out the section about your business?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey
sky1213 wrote: Do you remember the questions they asked you when filling out the section about your business?
business number, how long in business, gross income, net income
Jan 31, 2019
51 posts
83 upvotes
should we have business account with CIBC in order to apply (or) anyone can apply who has business account number?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8965 posts
2543 upvotes
Hmmm...samething on the Aventura and the spend is only $3000. I do collect Aeroplan but the Aventura can be more valuable?
Jul 23, 2007
180 posts
215 upvotes
Montreal
ffonly wrote: business number, how long in business, gross income, net income
hmm ok. no option for sole propriotorship I guess. When I applied around Oct-Nov 2018 in branch, they let me put sole propriotorship because i didn't have a business number.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1988 posts
1004 upvotes
GTA
1 Lounge access pass a year only?

That kind of sucks....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey
david0101 wrote: should we have business account with CIBC in order to apply (or) anyone can apply who has business account number?
Don' have to have CIBC business account. Mine is with TD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey
sky1213 wrote: hmm ok. no option for sole propriotorship I guess. When I applied around Oct-Nov 2018 in branch, they let me put sole propriotorship because i didn't have a business number.
they do ask that in the options. Not sure if you can leave the business number out or not. Might be worth a try
Feb 18, 2019
290 posts
305 upvotes
WARNING.

This offer has been available for a while, I think it hasn't been posted here because sole proprietors operating under their own name can not get this card. YMMV, a couple of websites say you can get it, but I tried and they wouldn't do it. You're "approved" online, but the card gets sent to a branch, at which point you have to produce documents showing what name your business operates under (formally registered with the Govt, even if still sole proprietor). They are treating this card the same way as opening a business bank account, even though it's based on personal credit history. Your HST number alone won't fly.
I attached pic from their website.
Images
  • Untitled.png
Jul 23, 2007
180 posts
215 upvotes
Montreal
DonkeyDoo wrote: WARNING.

This offer has been available for a while, I think it hasn't been posted here because sole proprietors operating under their own name can not get this card. YMMV, a couple of websites say you can get it, but I tried and they wouldn't do it. You're "approved" online, but the card gets sent to a branch, at which point you have to produce documents showing what name your business operates under (formally registered with the Govt, even if still sole proprietor). They are treating this card the same way as opening a business bank account, even though it's based on personal credit history. Your HST number alone won't fly.
I attached pic from their website.
I think the clause "except where registration is not available per provincial law" points to Quebec.
I found this article: https://www.thebalancesmb.com/business- ... ec-2947906
It says that Quebec is the only province where Sole proprietorships do not need to be registered.
Will need a veteran about this subject to confirm this...

If what I am saying is true, then this card is only available to non business owners in Quebec only.

Also, in 2018, they asked me for documents about my business. Since sole proprietorships are filed under personal taxes, I provided some tax documents that showed rental income from condo and it was fine.
Mar 31, 2013
113 posts
27 upvotes
ffonly wrote: business number, how long in business, gross income, net income
i think you need a little more then this...if you click on the link it talks about "in preparation of your meeting"...need articles of incorporation...tax returns...I had to go through this when I applied for the TD Business Aeroplan Visa
Oct 23, 2017
56 posts
145 upvotes
I applied for this in Quebec last year, albeit in person via branch manager who was doing his "first credit application in years" (the branch was busy so he asked me what I was there for and ended up helping me out). All I needed to do was provide a business identification number and answer a few questions about average earnings. So maybe YMMV? I would definitely go through the process again for a free 35,000 AP points.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1505 posts
987 upvotes
Surrey
mmbilly wrote: i think you need a little more then this...if you click on the link it talks about "in preparation of your meeting"...need articles of incorporation...tax returns...I had to go through this when I applied for the TD Business Aeroplan Visa
Nope, not me. That was about it and it gave me instant approval and said the card would be mailed to me. But I do have a personal/chequing account with them so maybe that helps?
Images
  • 9CCF7B73-14C6-4B66-9280-D1C1AD6CA35E.png
Aug 30, 2013
582 posts
484 upvotes
prairies
Yes, they changed the approval process and requirements on this card. I got the business and personal last year no problems, with just using my SIN instead of business number. This year they ran the gauntlet with respect to application, asking for business numbers, statement, etc... Much tougher.