Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Aerogold Visa infinite - 35000 Aeroplan + FNF + $120 AirCanada GC

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 11:59 am
Feb 1, 2017
238 posts
196 upvotes
So which offer will we recieve? The link says 20k but the application says 15k+ gift card... Honestly using the gift card is going to be annoying unless there is some way to use it with aeroplan points as well. Don't really do any short haul flights, so I try to make any larger trip on aeroplan. i guess maybe I'll force myself to finally try mexico or something with it... dunno.
[OP]
May 13, 2015
156 posts
475 upvotes
Right here
dealsnipper wrote: Just got this. Thanks OP.

Within the last month, I now have 4 tickets to Disneyland, 3 new credit cards, 2 new mattresses, 2 new boardgames, new laptop, and a new wireless charger.
What's missing now ? :)
[OP]
May 13, 2015
156 posts
475 upvotes
Right here
ryokoseigo wrote: So which offer will we recieve? The link says 20k but the application says 15k+ gift card... Honestly using the gift card is going to be annoying unless there is some way to use it with aeroplan points as well. Don't really do any short haul flights, so I try to make any larger trip on aeroplan. i guess maybe I'll force myself to finally try mexico or something with it... dunno.
20k (with first purchase)
+ GC
15k (At renewal next year, if you spend at least 10K on the card during the year)
[OP]
May 13, 2015
156 posts
475 upvotes
Right here
chinook79 wrote: I just got it today w/o gc offer.. grrrr....
May be you didn't check. I applied for the card last night when I noticed the AirCanada GC.
May 19, 2017
274 posts
123 upvotes
pmehley wrote: 20k (with first purchase)
+ GC
15k (At renewal next year, if you spend at least 10K on the card during the year)
Thanks OP and upvoted. Just applied and got approved. Note that the reference for $120 AirCanada GC is shown only after completing Step 1 About You.

I have a little doubt though whether its FYF + $120 GC. The link that I clicked indicated FYF, but then when there is no where I saw FYF + $120 GC was stated during the application process. It's possible someone forgot to update it. Anyway, I am also hoping for FYF + $120 GC :)
Oct 3, 2013
959 posts
1189 upvotes
Somehow I doubt the $120 gift card will be honoured… Definitely tempted to try though. 20k AP for $0 is still a decent consolation prize, I suppose.
Feb 18, 2019
333 posts
349 upvotes
kingkangkong wrote: how much would 15k aeroplan mile worth? Is it worth it to stay for extra year for that 120 annual fee?
15K aeroplan is worth the $120 AF... But not worth it when you take into account 10K min spend. Unless you actually intend to use the card, but I don't think that's what most of us are here to do. :)
Nov 20, 2014
315 posts
89 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Is there a foreign currency exchange fee?
Jan 8, 2012
625 posts
386 upvotes
Williams Lake
Jon Lai wrote: Any idea how and when the GC was delivered during last year's promo?
Aeroplan sent me an e-mail with the GC number and pin in it, around the end of July.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6756 posts
3175 upvotes
Just applied. I guess you link your Aeroplan account after you get your card?

I remember applying for the old Aerogold Business card (without all the pre-screening) and getting the welcome bonus with my one (and only) purchase on the card.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9192 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Madchester wrote: Just applied. I guess you link your Aeroplan account after you get your card?

I remember applying for the old Aerogold Business card (without all the pre-screening) and getting the welcome bonus with my one (and only) purchase on the card.
They have a way of automatically linking it with aeroplan (probably by name/address). You can call in when you get the card to ask what the aeroplan account on file is just to confirm.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)