Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Aerogold Visa infinite - 35000 Aeroplan + FNF + $120 AirCanada GC

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 11:59 am
Newbie
Nov 17, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
This is what I get after entering all the info. I don't bank with cibc.
Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 8.25.28 AM.png
Newbie
Jun 29, 2009
79 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
I didn`t get the $120GC finally followed up this months after a call to Air Canada, Aeroplan and 2 to CIBC finally got CIBC to give me a $120 credit on my credit card.
Member
Aug 16, 2010
483 posts
206 upvotes
Langley, BC
I do not see anything about a gift card
I kept completing it, hoping I would see it
I have now signed up for the credit card without it, bummer
oh well I had recently got a TD card and got some aeroplan points but not enough to actually use, this should give me enough additional to actually get a flight

for people that actually saw it, when in the application did you see it?
Thank you
might get one for the wife, if it comes with the gift card
Last edited by fred koenig on Feb 23rd, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1256 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
do i need to have cibc account to apply?
Member
Aug 16, 2010
483 posts
206 upvotes
Langley, BC
Dunnedawg wrote: I didn`t get the $120GC finally followed up this months after a call to Air Canada, Aeroplan and 2 to CIBC finally got CIBC to give me a $120 credit on my credit card.
who finally gave you the credit?
I am doing a chat with CIBC and they are saying instead you get the 120.00 first year free.
they don't know or acting like they don't know about it

how did you get it? what approach did you use? did you threaten to cancel the card or pull money out f the bank?

Thanks
Member
Jan 21, 2010
330 posts
266 upvotes
Brantford
Has anyone looked at the footnotes referenced at the end of that bullet point referring to the 20k points + $120 GC? I imagine that would clarify the requirements to receive both.
Member
May 19, 2017
274 posts
123 upvotes
fred koenig wrote: I do not see anything about a gift card
I kept completing it, hoping I would see it
I have now signed up for the credit card without it, bummer
oh well I had recently got a TD card and got some aeroplan points but not enough to actually use, this should give me enough additional to actually get a flight

for people that actually saw it, when in the application did you see it?
Thank you
might get one for the wife, if it comes with the gift card
When did u apply? I did it yesterday. It’s on the right side of screen during the application process but only after I have completed the Step 1 About You.
Member
Aug 16, 2010
483 posts
206 upvotes
Langley, BC
GBUalways wrote: When did u apply? I did it yesterday. It’s on the right side of screen during the application process but only after I have completed the Step 1 About You.
I applied at 9am pacific time this morning or going by the time stamps, 25 minutes before you asked.
is the $120 gift card you had to indicate that you would like or it was just information they you were getting it with the card?
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2177 posts
980 upvotes
Victoria
Guys it’s obviously an error. 35k points and first year free is the current offer. 20k points and $120 GC was the old offer.
Member
Dec 28, 2017
204 posts
71 upvotes
Burlington
20k + 15k bonus points is better than the TD one in recently (15+15).

Im not sure about spending 10k.. but if you have a family with at least one child, I imagine raking up $10k a year isn't that big of a deal. Groceries itself could go up to $400 a month. Kids presents and bday parties for other kids and useless toys is another 2 to 3k easy a year.

Then extra curricular activities... Another 2k.

Then adult spending ... Easily 4 k a year.. (use the visa to go to massage, buy orthopedic shoes, buy glasses, any other things that insurance covers,) .. that's easily another 3k which you don't pay a dime when insurance reimburse you.

It's just annoying to use another card

Btw, thanks for the heads-up! Just got the card and I will be using it after the 3 months period for my TD visa
Jr. Member
Aug 4, 2010
105 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
fred koenig wrote: I do not see anything about a gift card
I kept completing it, hoping I would see it
I have now signed up for the credit card without it, bummer
oh well I had recently got a TD card and got some aeroplan points but not enough to actually use, this should give me enough additional to actually get a flight

for people that actually saw it, when in the application did you see it?
Thank you
might get one for the wife, if it comes with the gift card
I and my wife applied this morning. Both of us watched every carefully on the screen after each step and did not see the GC offer. After all the steps, both of us got approved. Getting 50,000 for free is good enough.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
1935 posts
695 upvotes
Vancouver
ayufan wrote: 20k + 15k bonus points is better than the TD one in recently (15+15).

Im not sure about spending 10k.. but if you have a family with at least one child, I imagine raking up $10k a year isn't that big of a deal. Groceries itself could go up to $400 a month. Kids presents and bday parties for other kids and useless toys is another 2 to 3k easy a year.

Then extra curricular activities... Another 2k.

Then adult spending ... Easily 4 k a year.. (use the visa to go to massage, buy orthopedic shoes, buy glasses, any other things that insurance covers,) .. that's easily another 3k which you don't pay a dime when insurance reimburse you.

It's just annoying to use another card

Btw, thanks for the heads-up! Just got the card and I will be using it after the 3 months period for my TD visa
You are also paying the AF to get the extra 15K

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)