Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Aerogold Visa infinite - 35000 Aeroplan + FNF + $120 AirCanada GC

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2020 8:37 pm
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
GBUalways wrote: When did u apply? I did it yesterday. It’s on the right side of screen during the application process but only after I have completed the Step 1 About You.
I applied at 9am pacific time this morning or going by the time stamps, 25 minutes before you asked.
is the $120 gift card you had to indicate that you would like or it was just information they you were getting it with the card?
thanks
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
180 upvotes
Burlington
20k + 15k bonus points is better than the TD one in recently (15+15).

Im not sure about spending 10k.. but if you have a family with at least one child, I imagine raking up $10k a year isn't that big of a deal. Groceries itself could go up to $400 a month. Kids presents and bday parties for other kids and useless toys is another 2 to 3k easy a year.

Then extra curricular activities... Another 2k.

Then adult spending ... Easily 4 k a year.. (use the visa to go to massage, buy orthopedic shoes, buy glasses, any other things that insurance covers,) .. that's easily another 3k which you don't pay a dime when insurance reimburse you.

It's just annoying to use another card

Btw, thanks for the heads-up! Just got the card and I will be using it after the 3 months period for my TD visa
Aug 4, 2010
239 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
fred koenig wrote: I do not see anything about a gift card
I kept completing it, hoping I would see it
I have now signed up for the credit card without it, bummer
oh well I had recently got a TD card and got some aeroplan points but not enough to actually use, this should give me enough additional to actually get a flight

for people that actually saw it, when in the application did you see it?
Thank you
might get one for the wife, if it comes with the gift card
I and my wife applied this morning. Both of us watched every carefully on the screen after each step and did not see the GC offer. After all the steps, both of us got approved. Getting 50,000 for free is good enough.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
2029 posts
804 upvotes
Vancouver
ayufan wrote: 20k + 15k bonus points is better than the TD one in recently (15+15).

Im not sure about spending 10k.. but if you have a family with at least one child, I imagine raking up $10k a year isn't that big of a deal. Groceries itself could go up to $400 a month. Kids presents and bday parties for other kids and useless toys is another 2 to 3k easy a year.

Then extra curricular activities... Another 2k.

Then adult spending ... Easily 4 k a year.. (use the visa to go to massage, buy orthopedic shoes, buy glasses, any other things that insurance covers,) .. that's easily another 3k which you don't pay a dime when insurance reimburse you.

It's just annoying to use another card

Btw, thanks for the heads-up! Just got the card and I will be using it after the 3 months period for my TD visa
You are also paying the AF to get the extra 15K
Nov 23, 2017
393 posts
148 upvotes
Is this valid with the aventura infinite as well or only aerogold?

The $120 GC. Some one provide a screenshot with the aventura infinite if available
Jul 14, 2014
186 posts
478 upvotes
Markham
yu203964 wrote: I and my wife applied this morning. Both of us watched every carefully on the screen after each step and did not see the GC offer. After all the steps, both of us got approved. Getting 50,000 for free is good enough.
I have seen the gift card offer and it had “terms and conditions” linked to it, if I recall correctly it required a minimum air canada spend amount
Nov 23, 2017
393 posts
148 upvotes
yu203964 wrote: I and my wife applied this morning. Both of us watched every carefully on the screen after each step and did not see the GC offer. After all the steps, both of us got approved. Getting 50,000 for free is good enough.
How are you getting 50. Isn't it 20 each on first purchase so 40k for 2
Banned
Oct 28, 2015
2166 posts
1229 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
how annual fee were charged? will it be at the anniversary date next year from today should I apply today? so there is no way to avoid the anniversary fee should you wish to get that extra 15K? thanks
May 19, 2017
657 posts
446 upvotes
fred koenig wrote: I applied at 9am pacific time this morning or going by the time stamps, 25 minutes before you asked.
is the $120 gift card you had to indicate that you would like or it was just information they you were getting it with the card?
thanks
It’s just information, but I needed to click to expand it. Like others said, this seems an error from the previous promo that they didn’t update/remove. I myself will not count it, but will gladly accept if this is true ;).
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
180 upvotes
Burlington
gwplant wrote: You are also paying the AF to get the extra 15K
According to the footnote(or terms and condition) .. it states you will get it within 8 weeks after you spent have 10k posted transactions .so I guess spend 10 k in 9 months will be safe. Then I can still cancel it within a year if needed.
Apr 17, 2015
999 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn. I just applied last week without a gift card.
May 13, 2015
281 posts
752 upvotes
Ontario
MaxPower19 wrote: I still think this thread title is wrong. One webpage offers 35k plus first year free and the other page offers 20k plus a gift card. Not sure how people can cherry-pick from both offers...
So, You start the application on a page that offers 35k+FYF and in the process of application, you see info about the GC being offered but no mention of a different plan. I agree, there should have been more clarity around this but that is not the case.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
ayufan wrote: According to the footnote(or terms and condition) .. it states you will get it within 8 weeks after you spent have 10k posted transactions .so I guess spend 10 k in 9 months will be safe. Then I can still cancel it within a year if needed.
you get the first 20k just for signing up, or after first purchase with no minimum spend
To get the other 15k points you have to spend 10k (10,000)
From what I read points are worth between 0.012 to 0.025 each
That makes for a return of 1.8 to 3.75% on the 10,000 spend
Since I do not have a clear plan on how to spend them, they are worth less than this to me

I will not be doing the spend to get them and be happy with the 20k easy points.

We will add these points to the points from the promotion we got on the TD aeroplan card which was also first year free
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2010
2029 posts
804 upvotes
Vancouver
ayufan wrote: According to the footnote(or terms and condition) .. it states you will get it within 8 weeks after you spent have 10k posted transactions .so I guess spend 10 k in 9 months will be safe. Then I can still cancel it within a year if needed.
Read again...

An anniversary bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you have at least $10,000 in net purchases posted to your account during the first 12 monthly statement periods. The anniversary bonus points are awarded to you within 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account after the one year account open date, provided your credit card account is in good standing. Additional cardholders are not eligible for this offer
Dec 28, 2017
404 posts
180 upvotes
Burlington
gwplant wrote: Read again...

An anniversary bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you have at least $10,000 in net purchases posted to your account during the first 12 monthly statement periods. The anniversary bonus points are awarded to you within 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account after the one year account open date, provided your credit card account is in good standing. Additional cardholders are not eligible for this offer
Ah.. I misread.. thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
I remember someone mentioning CIBC only does one credit check even if you open up multiple products...is that still true? Just did the app for AP, wondering if i should do aventura as well?
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Oct 5, 2005
278 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
What happens if you cancel just after the anniversary date. Will you be reimbursed the full amount minus pro-rated?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3878 upvotes
This offer had a GC? I thought it was only 15+5k for any 1st purchase and FYF
Mar 4, 2011
125 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone knows how and when you will get the gift card ?
Aug 16, 2010
497 posts
215 upvotes
Langley, BC
hollywood wrote: What happens if you cancel just after the anniversary date. Will you be reimbursed the full amount minus pro-rated?
In the US the terms usually state that if you get charged an annual fee on your bill and then close the account within 30 days (or whatever it says, may be 60) then the annual fee is automatically refunded.
I have not seen that for canadian cards and the one time I asked I was told no, once you get charged, you owe it.
So I would say probably no