Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Aerogold Visa infinite - 35000 Aeroplan + FNF + $120 AirCanada GC

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 5th, 2020 11:59 am
Jan 24, 2008
68 posts
87 upvotes
unknownone wrote: When I was a churning newcomer I held myself to a higher degree of etiquette much the way you suggest. Over the years I came to the conclusion that I was forcing myself to play games that were not necessary or appreciated by anyone. If you've personally learned different through your experiences then I would suggest that you definitely take the approach that you've found to work better for yourself. My original goal was simply to share my personal experiences to assist others who may lack the experience. If people have experiences that differ from my own, they should definitely conduct their business in a way that acknowledges their own experiences above mine.

You've suggested that there are better sources of gift card redemptions - if you'd like to share, perhaps that will be useful to everyone. I've personally found that the opportunities have not been as prevalent over the past couple years, to the point where I've been forced to expand my horizons to offers I would have previously been less inclined to bother with (such as this one). Over the years I've found that there is sort of a sweet spot for the number of cards you can sign up for over the course of a year, and when superior offers existed then it made sense to 'hold out' for those. However, when offers and opportunities are less frequent, I feel as if there's less reason to hold out - I would rather cash in on $500 /year worth of reasonable offers than be holding out for superior offers that do not materialize at all.

While I do share some of your fear that it is our actions today that will dictate the prevalence of future opportunities, I suspect that the reality is that the overarching market conditions in the industry drive financial institution strategy far more than some random person trying to make themselves $150 by perfectly taking advantage of the rules and stipulations in these offers.
I'll chime in for fun and to offer a fellow dissenting opinion. We don't owe the banks jack.. I frequently churn and meet minimums and move on.. banks use plenty of predatory practices to prey and profit off others without any of the same qualms.. I paid plenty of interest on cards in my youth given the all too easy access to funds I had no business having access to. Each quarter banks post record profits and the CEO's executive do just fine, taking what's offered and meeting the minimum's is by no means poor practice. I do draw the line at manufactured spending, which many do not. But even then, if you can make it work for you, have at it...
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1194 posts
624 upvotes
Calgary
Can mod please lock this thread? There's no deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2009
1194 posts
624 upvotes
Calgary
flamingotripod wrote: ??? The deal still shows up when i click the link
You will be able to get $120 AirCanada GC???
Mar 2, 2011
291 posts
102 upvotes
West
Has anyone got the $120 ac gc yet?
I just activated my card today.
Nov 23, 2017
179 posts
33 upvotes
Any one have any screenshot of the gift card/travel credit

Did anyone successfully get both fyf and rhe gc
Aug 2, 2013
15 posts
8 upvotes
I just got the credit card, I will probably wait a week or so before calling to ask about the gift card, but here is the screenshot when I applied.
Images
  • cibc screenshot.PNG
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
7047 posts
1529 upvotes
multi city dweller
gabrielzeng wrote: I just got the credit card, I will probably wait a week or so before calling to ask about the gift card, but here is the screenshot when I applied.
did you happen to print out the 2 small fine prints at the end of the $120 giftcards clause ...?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)