Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card (existing cardholders only) Signup For Email Updates (7,500 Miles) (YMMV - Targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2019 5:45 pm
[OP]
Oct 27, 2006
682 posts
71 upvotes

[CIBC] CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card (existing cardholders only) Signup For Email Updates (7,500 Miles) (YMMV - Targeted?)

Not sure if this is targeted but I got this email from CIBC on my Aeroplan Visa Infinite Credit Card:

Hi, (cardholders name),

We’d like to inspire you to unlock more of your CIBC Aerogold® Visa Infinite* Card premium benefits. A world of incredible experiences is just a few clicks away.

CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card

Find out more about your concierge, plus exclusive offers for food, wine, luxury hotels, entertainment and more. Learn all about it at visainfinite.ca/infinite and be sure to sign up for Visa Infinite email and exclusive offer updates.

You’re already a cardholder, so we’ll even give you a special bonus1 just for signing up. Complete the email registration to sign up and hear about a world of exclusive benefits2,

Receive 7,500 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles1

to enjoy this limited time offer.

Terms and Conditions

1 This offer is only available to the recipient of this communication and is non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other CIBC or Aeroplan offer, and is not redeemable for cash. Please allow up until July 31st, 2019 to receive the Aeroplan Miles earned under the offer. This offer does not apply to Quebec residents. Your CIBC Aeroplan credit card account must be open and in good standing at the time the Aeroplan Miles are awarded, and transferred to your Aeroplan account. Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. Offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time.
2 You must have a valid CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card in good standing to take advantage of the Visa Infinite benefits and services. Discounts and benefits are non-transferable and discounts cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Visa reserves the right to modify or cancel offers at any time and without notice. Neither Visa nor CIBC is responsible for any claims or damages arising from use of any benefits or services provided by a third party. All offers, benefits and services are subject to complete terms and conditions, including third party suppliers’ terms and conditions (available at visainfinite.ca/infinite/en/terms.html). The Visa Infinite privacy policy (available at visa.ca/en_CA/legal/global-privacy-notice.html) applies to all benefits and services that require enrollment through, or are otherwise provided by, the Visa Infinite Concierge or the Visa Infinite website. The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by third party suppliers of services and benefits are subject to such third parties’ own privacy policies.
3 To enjoy automatic benefits, you must use your CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card to reserve and pay for your stay at a Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection property and book through the Visa Infinite Concierge or exclusive Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection web portal. Visa reserves the right to modify or cancel this offer at any time and without notice. The Visa Infinite Luxury Hotel Collection benefits and services are provided by the individual hotels or their operators and suppliers. For full program terms and conditions please visit visaluxuryhotelcollection.com.
4 Eligible Visa Infinite and Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders must be legal drinking age to participate in this benefit. Reservations are mandatory for the wineries that are flagged by a star [*] on visainfinite.ca. Please contact the winery directly for reservations, hours of operation, blackout dates and other details. Tours, tastings, selection of merchandise, including wine, may be subject to availability. Eligible Visa Infinite and Visa Infinite Privilege must be presented at winery and used for any program-related purchases. Wine experiences may be modified or cancelled, by Visa or wineries, in whole or in part at any time, for any reason, without prior notice or liability to any person. Please drink responsibly. Venues are not conducive to young children.
5 The goods and services cardholders request or otherwise choose to obtain through the Visa Infinite Concierge Service are provided by various third party service providers unrelated to Visa. Visa does not endorse, review or qualify these service providers. Visa makes no representations or warranties (either express or implied) about, and assumes no responsibility or liability for these service providers or the goods and services that may be obtained through the Visa Infinite Concierge. Neither Visa nor the Issuer is responsible for any claims or damages arising from use of any benefits or services provided by a third party. Visa cannot guarantee the successful fulfillment of cardholders’ requests in all instances. There is no fee for the Concierge’s services, however cardholders are responsible for the cost of any goods or services (including any related fees or costs) authorized by the cardholder and purchased by the Visa Infinite Concierge on the cardholder’s behalf. All costs will be charged directly to the cardholder’s Visa Infinite credit card.

FORGIVE ME AS THIS IS MY FIRST POST. I'LL EDIT IT AS LONG AS YOU GUYS CAN LET ME KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE OTHER "PRO" POSTERS.
Last edited by skwan on May 17th, 2019 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2221 posts
974 upvotes
Maybe they made a typo? I hope they mean 75 000 :p
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jun 15, 2010
122 posts
72 upvotes
Richmond
there's annual fee though? yes?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8192 posts
2484 upvotes
Toronto
This offers sounds like it's not for people to get the card (which comes with 15k bonus points). It's people who already have the card, to get this 7,500 points just by signing up for email update. It's easy bonus to get.

OP please change the title, as it currently sounds like sign up bonus for people to get the actual card.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3705 posts
1261 upvotes
Montreal
Sounds like a bonus for existing cardholders who signup to receive info emails, not a signup bonus for the card itself.
Nov 16, 2006
83 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op. I am existing card holder and this was in my spam so enrolled for the bonus !!
Mar 26, 2006
227 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
I got that too. I signed up but they did not ask for card # when signing up
Oct 3, 2018
904 posts
827 upvotes
GTA
Hi @skwan !

May be change title to:

Existing cardholders of CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite - sign up for Visa Infinite email updates to get 7,500 Aeroplan Miles (YMMV - Targeted?)

or something like that :)

It looks like Visa Infinite expanding program with Nordstrom email coupon, Aeroplan bonus, and more to come!
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16379 posts
2414 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote:
May 16th, 2019 5:44 pm
that's worse than 30K i got... damn
djredhat wrote:
May 16th, 2019 5:47 pm
Maybe they made a typo? I hope they mean 75 000 :p
This is for signing up for a newsletter not the card
Mar 8, 2006
605 posts
155 upvotes
Thanks OP for the link. I signed up my email, received the thank-you email, then clicked the link to verify my email. Is that it? Do I need to register and create a Visa Infinite profile?

Thank you for signing up to receive email offers from Visa Infinite. Please click the link below to verify your email address and complete your sign up process.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2006
682 posts
71 upvotes
I believe that's it. For me, since my profile was setup already, it stated that my profile was set up but it will still give me the 7500 points