Expired Hot Deals

CIBC

CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite + Inf Privilege - Get 2x Aeroplan points when you shop online (different offer for Dividend)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2021 5:14 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
441 posts
700 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[CIBC] CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite + Inf Privilege - Get 2x Aeroplan points when you shop online (different offer for Dividend)

I got an email from creditcards@e.cibcinfo.ca with the title Get 2x Aeroplan points before August 31, 2021 yesterday.

Get 2x points when you shop online with your CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Credit Card and earn up to 1,000 bonus Aeroplan points.

From the email, you don't need to sign up to take advantage of this offer. Sounds like Amazon, Staples, and Walmart purchases for sure will qualify.

From my personal experience with Aeroplan bonus offers that CIBC sends:
1. You cannot trust the system to credit you the bonus amounts. If you care about the bonus amounts, you need to diarize to check the awarded bonus VS expected bonus.
2. When you complain about missing bonus, CIBC phone agents tend to say: Well, these offers are from Aeroplan, we at CIBC know nothing about it. Tell them that it's not true since CIBC releases the bonus points, not Aeroplan. The email containing the bonus info was sent by cibcinfo.ca, not Aeroplan.

DIVIDEND VISA: Earn up to $10 bonus cash back when you use your Dividend card for online back-to-school shopping.

T&C that I think are relevant are here:
All CIBC Aeroplan credit cards excluding CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Privilege Card: Earn an additional Aeroplan point per $1 charged to the card on the first $1,000 of e commerce purchases made by both the primary and authorized users, excluding e commerce purchases classified in the Visa network as (i) grocery stores and supermarkets, eating places and restaurants, drinking places and fast food restaurants, (ii) gas service stations and automated fuel dispensers, local and suburban commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services, (iii) entertainment including motion picture theaters, theatrical producers, ticket agencies, bands, orchestras, miscellaneous entertainers, (iv) travel services or travel bookings such as air transport, car rentals and cruises, (v) business-to-business distribution such as non-durable goods, durable goods, and product dealers, (vi) professional services such as residential and commercial contractors, doctors and physicians, personal care services, and (vii) utilities such as telecommunications, posted to the primary cardholder’s CIBC Aeroplan credit card account from August 4, 2021 to August 31, 2021 (the “Qualifying Purchases”). Eligible e commerce purchases that are subsequently returned will not be treated as Qualifying Purchases.

CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Privilege Card: Earn an additional 1.25 Aeroplan points per $1 charged to the card on the first $800 of e commerce purchases made by both the primary and authorized users...
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
5890 posts
6933 upvotes
The NORTH
What's the purchase interest? My CIBC Infinite Dividends Visa just upped the purchase interest from 19.9% to 20.9%, I know its not a lot but still a shitty move if you carry a balance.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1608 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto
I have both of these cards but didn't get any emails
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
441 posts
700 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yesnomaybe wrote: I have both of these cards but didn't get any emails
I don't think that would be an issue, since this doesn't seem to be a targeted offer.
Take a screenshot of the offer from the offer page, and you can use the screenshot as proof that you expect 2x Aeroplan miles on eligible purchases.