Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite & CIBC Aventura Gold Visa - 45k pts (first purchase) + FYF ($562.5 Value)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2024 9:54 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1201 posts
1693 upvotes
Calgary

[CIBC] CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite & CIBC Aventura Gold Visa - 45k pts (first purchase) + FYF ($562.5 Value)

You can couple this with CIBC's current promo - For a limited time only, book your travel any way you like on your CIBC Aventura® card and redeem 50% fewer points using Shopping with Points.

This offer is valid for both the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite & CIBC Aventura Gold Visa so that is 45k points each card

CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Signup Link

CIBC Aventura Gold Signup Link

You can use the refundable hotel trick and cash in those 45,000 points at 1.25cpp with the current promo for $562.5 value with one purchase!

Some people are saying it shows up at 35k or 40k, try on mobile or incognito to get the 45k bonus

EDIT: For reference, the refundable hotel trick is a common workaround used to redeem travel restricted credit promos. It's used frequently by those with an AMEX Personal Platinum where the member receives $200 in travel credit each year. You should only do this once you have the 45k Aventura points posted to your account.

1. Go to Expedia.ca and find a fully refundable hotel (see screenshot below). Make sure the value of the hotel is over $562.50 so you can cash out the full point value.

2. When you go to check-out on Expedia, it will give you two options, the first being Pay now and the second being Pay at property. Make sure to select Pay now.

3. Once booked, go to your CIBC account, either on Desktop or on the Mobile App (it won't work on a Mobile Web Browser, only the app or Desktop). Find the pending hotel purchase, click redeem with points, and you can apply the full 45k Aventura points for a $562.50 statement credit. It takes 3-5 business days to apply.

4. Once both the statement credit AND the initial hotel booking are authorized (so 3-5 business days for both) you can then go to Expedia and cancel your hotel booking for a full refund. Voila, the hotel fully refunded and the full $562.50 applied as a statement credit.

Credit to u/Stagaz_630 on reddit

EDIT 2: FAQ as per wellystu on reddit

You can hold both Gold and Inifite cards concurrently and DPs of people holding multiple.

Cards seem to take up to 2 weeks to arrive. Pin comes separately, you can activate card and use contactless + online without the Pin.

Activate the card via the CIBC app rather than calling activation number on card sticker to avoid balance protection upsell.

I have an amazing credit score and I was declined, why? Can I call / go into branch to apply? No, offer is exclusively online. No one here knows why you were rejected.

A few DPs currently seem to suggest the points will post on first statement, you will only see base points on your account until statement cuts. I.e spend $5 you will only see 5 point online until then. This does not mean you did not get the promotion, do not call as soon as your first purchase posts - the terms state up to 8 weeks for bonus points.

You can transfer out positive account balance to existing CIBC cheque account if you do refundable hotel trick. If you get charged cash advance fee they should waive if you ask.

Does anyone have screenshots of the terms? There’s multiple screenshots on RFD thread or users here may offer to share them.

You can merge points from Aventura accounts under the same name. If the below online method does not work you will need to call in, see more info on the Aventura website FAQ under “transferring points” Smartphone: Sign in cibc.com online version, not mobile-> go to my rewards from one of the drop down list of your aventura -> choose three lines from top left corner-> drop down list from your name will show transfer points.. credit: u/Mfbty91

EDIT 3 Don't forget to register for your 4 Free Priority Passes! Click here to register when you activate your card
Last edited by RuLa Of Da WoRlD on Feb 5th, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Thread Summary
1. Apply for the card
2. Receive the card in the mail
3. Activate the card
4. Make a purchase
5. Wait for the Aventura points to show up (takes up to 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account for points to show up, can be faster can be 8 weeks)
5b. Fight CIBC for your Aventura Points (you might receive 45K points on your first purchase, or you might receive 20K right away + 15K WUS 1000$/mo, or other combination depending on the T&C on the page you initially applied on)
6. Spend the points (the enjoyable piece) , whether this is done by redeeming against a refundable reservation or not.
7. Keep the card or close the card once points are spent.

Initial Terms, for both Platinum and Gold cards:
cibc-cibc-aventura-visa-infinite-cibc-a ... #p35630344

NEW WORKING LINKS AS OF FEB 1 2022

VI: https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-res ... &locale=en

Gold: https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/ebm-res ... &locale=en

Click on let's go, then no, continue an application. In the top right-hand corner click on the card and then read the disclaimer. It shows 45k after first purchase.

Expedia.ca doesn't work for some people, use booking.com works.
4169 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2197 upvotes
I have a huge feeling it won't take CIBC too long to clamp down on this.

$562.50, FYF, 4x PP on a single purchase.

Though I really want to believe that they won't.
(For the record, I was able to get the 45k + FYF on my first click through - no incognito. YMMV ofc)
Sep 19, 2005
770 posts
812 upvotes
wow no minimum spend, just 1 transaction? that's really good... wish i didn't already have this card lol
any similar deals on the infinite privilege card? i tried to search on cibc's site and googling... but didn't find anything that only needs 1 transaction... or even just 1 upfront MS requirement (as opposed to $2k a month for 12 months...)
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1568 posts
3114 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Didn't get the offer on firefox so switched over to safari and it was there. Not auto-approved, likely since I have 3 cards with CIBC already. We'll see what happens.

Thanks op!
Jun 16, 2009
713 posts
432 upvotes
Mississauga
mrcottontail wrote: Sorry for the dumb question, but what does 4x PP mean?
Four Priority Pass Lounge passes. You can access lounges on the Priority Pass Network

https://www.prioritypass.com/

I have posted this deal @ Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX FAQ

I got the link from an email Frugal Flyer,
Last edited by mgn2000 on Jan 15th, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
asbraich wrote: Didn't get the offer on firefox so switched over to safari and it was there. Not auto-approved, likely since I have 3 cards with CIBC already. We'll see what happens.

Thanks op!
Did you sign into CIBC and apply or start as new?
Mar 6, 2021
43 posts
99 upvotes
I have another CIBC account and it was displayed as a "special offer" on the left side of my screen starting ~week ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4304 upvotes
Berczy Park
Sweet, was doing an app-o-rama today and this is a perfect addition! Thanks, OP!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
donttoewsmebro wrote: Sweet, was doing an app-o-rama today and this is a perfect addition! Thanks, OP!
are you an existing CIBC customer? if so, did you sign in to apply or just complete as fresh person?
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4304 upvotes
Berczy Park
Scavos wrote: are you an existing CIBC customer? if so, did you sign in to apply or just complete as fresh person?
Signed in. No incognito used on Chrome.
Aug 16, 2018
109 posts
152 upvotes
I'm new to the Aventura points game. Is this as simple as applying, making a purchase and collecting the bonus points to be redeemed for flights and hotel rooms, etc? Seems too easy. I read the fine print. Kinda confusing seeing I'm not a points collector on these types of credit cards. I might ditch my PC mastercard for this.
May 1, 2017
15 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Hi, sorry but the website says that you DO NOT get the 40K points right away. It said:

Here’s how it adds up:
Get a total of up to 35,000 Aventura Points (up to $800 in travel value†) during your first year:
20,000 Aventura Points when you make your first purchase†
15,000 Aventura Points when you spend $1,000 monthly or more during the first year† <=====need to spend at least $1K a month for the next 12 months
Get a one-time annual fee rebate ($139) for you (the primary cardholder) and up to three authorized users ($50 each): over $189 value†
Enjoy a Priority Pass Membership and 4 complimentary visits per year at 1,300+ airport lounges7: over $200 value7
Plus, get a NEXUS◊ Application Fee rebate†: a $50 value†
Oct 21, 2016
348 posts
1189 upvotes
willto wrote: Hi, sorry but the website says that you DO NOT get the 40K points right away. It said:

Here’s how it adds up:
Get a total of up to 35,000 Aventura Points (up to $800 in travel value†) during your first year:
20,000 Aventura Points when you make your first purchase†
15,000 Aventura Points when you spend $1,000 monthly or more during the first year† <=====need to spend at least $1K a month for the next 12 months
Get a one-time annual fee rebate ($139) for you (the primary cardholder) and up to three authorized users ($50 each): over $189 value†
Enjoy a Priority Pass Membership and 4 complimentary visits per year at 1,300+ airport lounges7: over $200 value7
Plus, get a NEXUS◊ Application Fee rebate†: a $50 value†
Seems like 45k condition is different

If you apply and are approved for a new eligible card, when you make your first purchase you can receive:

i. A welcome bonus of 15,000 Aventura Points
ii. Additional bonus of 30,000 Aventura Points
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
2211 posts
4304 upvotes
Berczy Park
Scavos wrote: Ah, did you get an instant email notifying you app approval? Just got it, but received nothing yet.

Also, do you see the new credit card account in your profile already?
Got the confirmation email with my credit limit but don't see the new card in my profile yet. Email took maybe 15 min.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2197 upvotes
I tried twice, once in Chrome non-incognito and incognito with the following error when signing on as an existing client:
Sorry, we can’t proceed with this application
Reference number: SO-############
We can’t complete your request right now. Please visit a Banking Centre to complete your application.
Tried a third time as a new client and was approved instantly.

Full T&C for the 45k offer:
† This offer applies to the following eligible cards: CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* and CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa* Card. You can qualify for this offer if you apply and are approved for a new eligible card beginning October 28, 2021.

A one-time annual fee rebate for you (the primary cardholder) and up to three authorized users added at the time of the application. This offer does not apply to annual fees for authorized users that are added after you submit your application. This offer applies for the first year only. If your application for an eligible card is not approved, you may be considered for another card (as disclosed in your credit card application). If you are approved for that card, this annual fee rebate offer will apply in the amount of the annual fee, if any, of the alternate card. If you qualify, the rebate will be awarded to you and will appear as a credit against the applicable annual fee(s) within two statements. Your new credit card account must be open and in good standing at time the rebate is awarded.

If you apply and are approved for a new eligible card, when you make your first purchase you can receive:

i. A welcome bonus of 15,000 Aventura Points
ii. Additional bonus of 30,000 Aventura Points

The $900 value is based on the following:
a) $800: The maximum redemption value for 35,000 Aventura Points on a long-haul economy class airfare purchases, based on the Aventura Airline Rewards Chart at www.cibcrewards.comOpens in a new window., before taxes and other charges.
b) $100: Redemption value for 10,000 Aventura Points towards a Flexible Travel Reward purchase at a rate of 100 points = $1.00 CAD
Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* Card or CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa* Card are excluded. Card account must be open and in good standing at the time the bonus Aventura Points are awarded. Aventura Points are awarded to you within 8 weeks after all qualifying purchase(s) are posted to your account. The following do not qualify as purchases: cash advances, balance transfers, CIBC Convenience Cheques, fees, interest, Aventura Points redemptions and payments. It may take up to several business days for purchases to be posted to your account. This offer is not transferable. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion.

◊ A NEXUS application fee valued at $50 CAD or $50 U.S

1 Priority Pass benefit is for the primary cardholder only and requires enrollment. For instructions, visit CIBCRewards.com/perks/.Opens in a new window. Collinson is the administrator of the Priority Pass program. Four (4) lounge visits are complimentary per membership year for you to use for yourself or your accompanying guests. Each person entering the lounge will qualify as one visit. Member and any accompanying guest(s) apply against the complimentary visit allowance. Membership includes access to any airport lounge participating in the Priority Pass lounge program. To access a lounge, you must show a valid Priority Pass membership card. All additional visits beyond the complimentary visit allowance are subject to a fee of $32 US per person per visit, and all card rates and fees, including foreign exchange rates and fees, apply to this purchase. This price is subject to change. The most recent price, participating airport lounges, facilities, open times, and restrictions can be found at PriorityPass.comOpens in a new window.. Applicable lounge visit fees will be billed to your related CIBC Aventura card. Unless cancelled, Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date. Priority Pass membership will be cancelled if your CIBC Aventura card is cancelled, no longer in good standing or is no longer linked to your Priority Pass membership. All Priority Pass members must abide by the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which can be viewed at prioritypass.com/conditions-of-use/Opens in a new window.. The Airport Lounge Access services are provided by Priority Pass, and neither CIBC nor Visa are responsible for any losses, claims or damages arising from use of the services.

A Priority Pass membership valued at $99 US each year; 4 visits with your priority pass membership valued at $32 US per person per visit.

2 Receive one (1) statement credit up to a maximum value of $100 CAD when NEXUS application fee is charged to an eligible card, regardless of NEXUS application approval.

Limit one (1) statement credit every 4 years. You must use your eligible card to pay the NEXUS application fee. In order to be eligible for the statement credit, cardholders must be in good standing at the time the application fee is charged. CIBC has no control over the NEXUS program including, but not limited to, application approval process, enrollment, or fees charged. NEXUS eligibility requirementsOpens in a new window. are determined by the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (US CBP), and can be found on their websiteOpens in a new window..

3 For full details, see maximum ticket prices and Aventura Flight Rewards Chart at the CIBC Rewards CentreOpens a new window.. Some airlines may impose fees, restrictions or other conditions on air travel. Aventura Points will be cancelled if they remain unredeemed for 60 days after you voluntarily close your Aventura credit card account or within 12 months of the primary cardholder's death.

4 Aventura Points are earned on card purchases less returns, and not on cash advances, CIBC Global Money Transfers, interest, fees, balance transfers, payments, regular CIBC Convenience Cheques or Aventura Points redemptions. Aventura Rewards and Program Terms may change without notice. Taxes, fees and surcharges may apply to Rewards. Aventura Points earned on purchases during a monthly statement period may not be credited to you if your card is not in good standing at any time during the monthly statement period. We may make special offers, including offers to earn Aventura Points on CIBC Global Money Transfers, which may be for a limited period and contain additional terms and conditions.

Effective February 1, 2021, Aventura Points are not earned on CIBC Global Money Transfers™. All other terms above will continue to apply.

We may make special offers, including offers to earn Aventura Points on CIBC Global Money Transfers™, which may be for a limited period and contain additional terms and conditions.

5 Earn 1.5 Aventura Points on purchases (less returns) at merchants classified in the credit card network as grocery stores, service stations/automated gas dispensers or drug stores. This bonus Aventura points offer is only available on the first $80,000 in net annual card purchases on your account (meaning all card purchases by all cardholders, at any type of merchant); after that, net card purchases at grocery, drug store and gas merchants will earn Aventura Points at the regular rate. The $80,000 limit will reset to zero after the day your December statement is printed. Terms, conditions and eligible merchant categories may change without notice.

6 Bonus (double) Aventura Points are earned on each dollar charged to the card on CIBC Rewards Centre travel purchases other than taxes, insurance, service charges or similar items. Aventura Points are not earned on travel obtained by redeeming Aventura Points.

7 The CIBC Rewards Centre is operated for CIBC by an independent travel agency, Merit Travel Group Inc., 201 City Centre Drive, Suite 1101, Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2T4. Ontario Registration #50010422/4499356, BC Registration #34799 and Quebec Registration #703011.

8 This offer applies to CIBC Global Money Transfers posted to the primary cardholder’s credit card account between February 1, 2021 and November 30, 2021. Earn 1 Aventura point for every $4 CAD spent on a CIBC Global Money Transfer. This offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion.

9 CIBC foreign exchange rates apply. A CIBC Global Money Transfer and a Foreign Exchange transaction counts towards your allowable transaction limit, bank account transaction fees may apply. Must have a CIBC chequing, savings, or personal line of credit account or pay using an eligible CIBC credit card to send a CIBC Global Money Transfer. Most transfers are completed within 1 to 3 business days. Only primary credit cardholders can use their eligible credit card account to pay for the CIBC Global Money Transfer service.

10 CIBC does not charge interest on a CIBC Global Money Transfer appearing on your statement if we receive full payment of the Amount Due (or for a CIBC Global Money Transfer that has been converted to an Installment Plan during that statement period, if we receive payment in full of the Balance) by the payment due date for that statement. Capitalized terms in this footnote have the meanings set out in the CIBC Cardholder Agreement.

Read the CIBC Global Money Transfer Agreement (PDF, 135 KB)Opens in a new window..

11 Requested redemption amount must be equal to or less than the cardholder’s available Aventura Points balance. Aventura Points to dollars conversion ratio is determined by CIBC and can be changed at any time without notice. Shopping with Points redemptions are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable unless you are advised otherwise. Only primary cardholders are permitted to perform a Shopping with Points redemption. Authorized Users are not eligible. Shopping with Points redemptions are eligible only for authorized transactions that are not posted to the card account. The redemption of your Aventura Points will be treated as a payment to your account and not as a credit. Refer to the Cardholder Agreement to learn how payments are applied to your account.

12 Only primary cardholders are permitted to perform a “Payment with Points” or “Financial Product with Points” redemption. Authorized users are not eligible. Redemptions are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable unless you are advised otherwise. Requested redemption amount must be equal to or less than the cardholder’s available points balance. Points to dollars conversion ratio is determined by CIBC and can be changed at any time without notice.

Payment with Points redemption towards credit cards balances will be reflected within two business days.

13 To participate in this offer, you must have a CIBC Aventura® Visa Infinite* or CIBC Aventura® Gold Visa* Card. For full offer details, refer to the CIBC and Journie Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (PDF, 135 KB)Opens in a new window..

14 Participating locations include select retail Chevron, Fas Gas (after Oct 6, 2021), Pioneer or Ultramar branded gas stations in Canada. For a full list of participating stations, visit the Journie websiteOpens in a new window..

15 You will save three cents ($0.03) per litre at the time of your purchase if you present your Journie Rewards card or app and use your linked CIBC card to pay. Available at participating locations on any grade of gasoline or diesel up to 100 litres per transaction. To get the discount, you must be enrolled in and use CIBC Online Banking® or the CIBC Mobile Banking® App to link your eligible CIBC card(s) to Journie Rewards. Card linking may take up to two (2) business days. To participate in this offer, you must have a CIBC debit card or personal credit card issued by CIBC. All Simplii cards are excluded. Please see the CIBC Journie websiteOpens in a new window. for full program terms and conditions.

16 Once your Journie Rewards account has reached three hundred (300) Journie Points, you will automatically save an additional seven cents ($0.07) per litre on your next fuel purchase transaction made within 30 days, up to a maximum of 100 litres. Once you pass 300 points, your balance will reset and start counting toward 300 points and your next seven cents ($0.07) fuel discount. See Journie websiteOpens in a new window. for more details.

17 We may withdraw approval if we become aware of any unfavourable information regarding your financial position or account status, or if you are unable to provide any additional information reasonably requested by CIBC. The application response time may take longer than 60 seconds in the event of technology issues. If you supply your email address, an application status email will be sent as soon as the technology issues are resolved. Otherwise, you will receive a response to your credit card application within 7 to 10 business days.

18 Interest rates may change from time to time. "Cash" means cash advances, balance transfer and Convenience Cheques.

19 Insurance coverage(s) included with CIBC credit cards are underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada (RSA). You may contact RSA at 1-866-363-3338Opens your phone app. in Canada and the U.S. or collect from elsewhere at 905-403-3338Opens your phone app. or visit cibccentre.rsagroup.caOpens in a new window.. Different cards will have different coverage(s). To learn about which coverage(s) are included with a specific card, and important information regarding coverage eligibility requirements, benefits, limitations and exclusions, go to Agreements and Insurance and review the insurance certificate(s) in your card package. Some insurance coverage(s) require purchases, auto rentals, common carrier fares, hotel/motel and other trip costs to be charged to the card to activate coverage. Other conditions may also apply. Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance (CLDI) is available for automobile rentals of up to 48 days for rental vehicles with a MSRP up to $65,000. The full cost of the rental must be charged to the card and the rental agency's Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) or Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) must be declined. CLDI provides coverage up to the actual cash value (ACV) of the rental vehicle as defined in your insurance certificate. Note that some rental agencies may assess their damages at an amount greater than the ACV of the rental vehicle and you may be liable to them for the difference. Before declining the rental agency's CDW or LDW, you should read carefully and compare the terms of the rental agreement, the CLDI insurance certificate in your card package and any other insurance you own to decide which coverage best meets your protection needs. Out-of-Province Emergency Travel Medical Insurance (TMI) covers the primary cardholder, their spouse and dependent children for the first 15 days of a trip if the primary cardholder and spouse are age 64 or under. Dependent children must be under 21 years of age or under 25 years of age if a full-time student, unless they have a permanent physical or mental impairment. For the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card: TMI also covers the first 3 days of a trip if the covered person is age 65 or older; TMI may not cover medical procedures performed without pre-approval. TMI and TI may not cover certain pre-existing health/medical conditions. Certain RSA coverages are "excess insurance" (all other sources of insurance and recovery must be exhausted before coverage is available).

◊ Official mark and/or trademark of Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, used under licence.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1175 posts
806 upvotes
Quebec
Applied and it worked out for me.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)