Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite and Platinum 10% cashback up to $2k spend + FYF

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 12:19 pm
[OP]
Jan 11, 2017
36 posts
105 upvotes

[CIBC] CIBC Dividend Visa Infinite and Platinum 10% cashback up to $2k spend + FYF

Similar to the TD Cashback infinite deal, except this one you have up to 4 billing statements to rack up the cashback.

The CIBC Dividend Visa Platinum minimum income is $15k

Enjoy
113 replies
Mar 10, 2008
41 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Cash back is redeemed once a year in December. Apply now and use the 2K before December so you can avoid the annual fee for next year
Jul 25, 2018
668 posts
1005 upvotes
Milton, ON
ctg311 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 5:21 pm
Cash back is redeemed once a year in December. Apply now and use the 2K before December so you can avoid the annual fee for next year
Unless they recently changed their policy, CIBC allows you to get CB when you close your account. I closed an old CC with them and had literally two cents worth of CB. They still mailed me a cheque. You don't need to try to dodge the AF, just cancel before your 12th billing cycle.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1556 posts
652 upvotes
Apparently not allowed to apply if you already have a Dividend card. I wonder how long you have to wait after cancelling before you can apply.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1381 posts
760 upvotes
Does product/card switch with cibc make you eligible for these promos? Or new application only?
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1556 posts
652 upvotes
adilh53 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 7:01 pm
Does product/card switch with cibc make you eligible for these promos? Or new application only?
Terms say: Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card and CIBC Dividend Platinum® Visa* Card are excluded.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11602 posts
14795 upvotes
ctg311 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 5:21 pm
No credit card fee if you have CIBC Plus account, either $6000 deposit or $100,000 investment. Credit card fee is rebated.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cibc-sma ... 9-2276673/
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
4775 posts
3224 upvotes
Calgary
So, 200$ back on 2000 $ spend, fyf.
Oct 14, 2014
546 posts
446 upvotes
Southern Ontario
That said, I got a message in my online banking that I’m “pre-approved” to upgrade my Dividend card to the Platinum or Infinite, and be eligible for the 10% bonus (no mention of the FYF though). Might call in about this.
adilh53 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 7:01 pm
bubak wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 8:11 pm
Terms say: Offer applies to newly approved card accounts only; transfers from an existing CIBC credit card to a CIBC Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card and CIBC Dividend Platinum® Visa* Card are excluded.
Images
  • EF7488DE-59E9-4B86-929E-40139D3BD86D.jpeg
Dec 8, 2015
13 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
JoelK22976 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 5:55 pm
Unless they recently changed their policy, CIBC allows you to get CB when you close your account. I closed an old CC with them and had literally two cents worth of CB. They still mailed me a cheque. You don't need to try to dodge the AF, just cancel before your 12th billing cycle.
I read the FAQ to make sure and it says:
"If a CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card, Dividend® Visa* Card for Students, Dividend Platinum® Visa* Card or Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card cardholder chooses to close his or her account or transfer to a different CIBC credit card before December, he or she will forfeit any cash back accumulated over the year to date. Cardholders cannot have cash back awarded before their December monthly statement date."

So we won't get cashback after December's statement unless we pay the annual fee.
Apr 23, 2008
880 posts
117 upvotes
mofunoko wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:46 pm
"If a CIBC Dividend® Visa* Card, Dividend® Visa* Card for Students, Dividend Platinum® Visa* Card or Dividend® Visa Infinite* Card cardholder chooses to close his or her account or transfer to a different CIBC credit card before December, he or she will forfeit any cash back accumulated over the year to date. Cardholders cannot have cash back awarded before their December monthly statement date."

So we won't get cashback after December's statement unless we pay the annual fee.
This is the downside of the card.
But if anyone can confirm that the fee would be prorated with only 1 month January fee (~$10) for the account stays open pass December (assuming the account is open in Dec and close in Jan 2021)
Last edited by phht on Sep 6th, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 17, 2014
116 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bubak wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 6:50 pm
Apparently not allowed to apply if you already have a Dividend card. I wonder how long you have to wait after cancelling before you can apply.
Where is in Terms and Conditions that says you can't apply for a new Dividend Visa Infinite when you're having a regular no fee Dividend Visa?
Jul 25, 2018
668 posts
1005 upvotes
Milton, ON
mofunoko wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 9:46 pm

That's too bad. +1 for combing through the T&Cs.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
1720 posts
325 upvotes
MertM66155 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2019 11:01 pm
Is there a way to dodge from AF and have CB anyway?
I guess if you use this card between now and December 2019 to take advantage of 10% deal, then take the cashback in December and then cancel.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)