Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2021 9:02 pm
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
chardo wrote: Thanks OP! Got my $300 this evening! Signed up back in March and used direct deposit to qualify.
Nice to see them starting to pay out the promo already! Did you sign up online? Also if you did sign up online did your offer switch to the 12 month rebate without mention of the $300 bonus? Thanks
Jan 1, 2018
635 posts
840 upvotes
qbarnes95 wrote: Nice to see them starting to pay out the promo already! Did you sign up online? Also if you did sign up online did your offer switch to the 12 month rebate without mention of the $300 bonus? Thanks
My agreement didn't make mention of the $300 bonus, despite using the link that referred me to that account. I think others in this boat will be fine. (sidenote: I also didn't call CIBC to ensure that I receive the bonus in the absence of such terms in my agreementSmiling Face With Open Mouth)
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Oct 18, 2015
409 posts
326 upvotes
Calgary
headleygrange wrote: Any DPs that Paytm worked?
PayTM and Tang both work.

Those were my 2 PADs, and I received the same email as others have posted saying I should get the 300$ shortly (haven't got the money yet tho).
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23018 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
SamuelK wrote: PayTM and Tang both work.

Those were my 2 PADs, and I received the same email as others have posted saying I should get the 300$ shortly (haven't got the money yet tho).
1)does there need to be a min amount on the PAD from tang/payTM?
2) i initiate the pads from payTM and tan right? tia
3) u setup scheduled bills in paytm and that counts as a pad or do i need to add cibc as a bank account in payment methods?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Apr 8, 2010
98 posts
87 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: 1)does there need to be a min amount on the PAD from tang/payTM?
2) i initiate the pads from payTM and tan right? tia
3) u setup scheduled bills in paytm and that counts as a pad or do i need to add cibc as a bank account in payment methods?
1) I don't think there is. I was able to receive my $300 bonus. If this helps, I had setup a PAD where my Tangerine account would pull $50/month from my CIBC account
Aug 31, 2018
60 posts
34 upvotes
wirelessg wrote: 1) I don't think there is. I was able to receive my $300 bonus. If this helps, I had setup a PAD where my Tangerine account would pull $50/month from my CIBC account
How long did it take for you to receive the bonus?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
Does anyone remember when was the promo with the Tim Horton credit card?

I forgot when I had their account.
a
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
elty wrote: Does anyone remember when was the promo with the Tim Horton credit card?

I forgot when I had their account.
Not sure which promo you're referring to, but I think the post is off-topic/wrong thread. The CIBC THDD Visa (RIP, July 2014-Dec 2019) had first-use incentives (e.g. $50 or $100), as well as monthly and random freebie promos. Some posts/details about the THDD Visa can be found here.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8556 posts
1056 upvotes
CalgaryBen wrote: Not sure which promo you're referring to, but I think the post is off-topic/wrong thread. The CIBC THDD Visa (RIP, July 2014-Dec 2019) had first-use incentives (e.g. $50 or $100), as well as monthly and random freebie promos. Some posts/details about the THDD Visa can be found here.
There was a cibc promo previously when the Tim card first come out. I forgot when was it so I don't know if I qualify for this offer.
a
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
2379 posts
4561 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
elty wrote: There was a cibc promo previously when the Tim card first come out. I forgot when was it so I don't know if I qualify for this offer.
The CIBC Tim Hortons Double Double was solely a Visa and had nothing to do with CIBC bank accounts (aside from the fact you could see both from the CIBC account/app), so it should have no bearing on your eligibility for this CIBC Smart Account bank account. If you're just trying to figure out when you last had a CIBC bank account based on having the Tim's Visa (again, existing July 2014 to Dec 2019), then IDK... CIBC has run many account opening offers that may or may not have overlapped with the Tim's Visa, so that's not really a good way to figure it out. Maybe search your e-mails for anything coming from alwaysfresh@timhortons.com if you happen to save all your e-mails.
Mar 13, 2004
329 posts
239 upvotes
Just to report back that I have got the monthly fee $4.95 back automatically this month after last month's branch visit to re-instate the offer on my account.
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
My monthly fee was rebated correctly for July. I had to call in last time about a missing rebate.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2019
1048 posts
1316 upvotes
Toronto
I also signed in March last week, no sign of bonus or email :(
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2016
1047 posts
987 upvotes
Comox Valley
Monthly fee charged again as per last month. I will phone in to correct. Keep an eye on these charges.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2005
5002 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
Got the email saying I qualify for the $300. I've received rebates so far but will pay attention to make sure I dont get dinged!
Heatware PEPSI IPOD MINI WINNER (JUNE 2005)
Aug 12, 2018
113 posts
45 upvotes
maebach wrote: Got the email saying I qualify for the $300. I've received rebates so far but will pay attention to make sure I dont get dinged!
Is this what you received?"We hope you’re enjoying your new CIBC Smart Account, with a monthly account fee rebate for the first three months. Don’t forget, you can get $300◊, plus continue to take advantage of this monthly account fee rebate offer for up to 12 months...." thanks
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23018 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
anyone on the seniors smart account? its the same account as OP but age > 65? and u get FREE monthly fees waved?
tia , i think all banks give seniors free accounts ?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 27, 2014
639 posts
397 upvotes
How long did it take you guys before receiving the debit card? I already had a credit card so I hope it didn't cause issues, I had to do a "link" thing in my online account before I could even send or receive interac transfers. It's been 2 weeks since I opened the account.

It has happened to me before when opening an account with ScotiaBank that I had to myself request the debit card else they'd never send one, so this is mostly why I'm asking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)