Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
CIBC

CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2021 9:02 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7002 upvotes
GTA
Exotoxic wrote: They do. Offer becomes Earn $300 with a CIBC Smart Plus Account Plus 3 Months Fee Rebate
https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... ebate.html
Thanks for pointing out difference as thought this thread was for the 'CIBC Smart Plus Account' based on the Plus in OP title thread:

CIBC Earn $300 with a CIBC Smart Account Plus 12 Month Fee Rebate

lol
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
mzmoney wrote: Thanks for pointing out difference as thought this thread was for the 'CIBC Smart Plus Account' based on the Plus in OP title thread:

CIBC Earn $300 with a CIBC Smart Account Plus 12 Month Fee Rebate

lol
Agreed, I have updated title to clarify.
Oct 5, 2014
611 posts
1367 upvotes
Ontario
When I signed up online I didn't realize it switched too but when I opened the email confirmation this is what it says CIBC Smart™ Account - 12-Month Promotional Fee Rebate Offer. Hopefully I'm safe for the $300 offer. I'll check in branch tomorrow
Jul 9, 2017
6 posts
13 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Yes, but it's only 3 months free, i dont want to put the 6k mmb or pay monthly fees for the remaining 9 months.
Might be for the remaining 4 months, I don't see the 12 months clawback condition in the Smart Plus Account Promo. "The cash reward will be deposited into your account seven (7) months after you have completed the required transactions".
Another option is to transfer 100K at Investor’s Edge. The $400 promo ends March 4th.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7002 upvotes
GTA
Exotoxic wrote:
Another option is to transfer 100K at Investor’s Edge. The $400 promo ends March 4th.
@angel_wing0 you highlighted first part ... not sure about anyone else, last part grabbed my attention
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7002 upvotes
GTA
angel_wing0 wrote: I have actually considered IE, but from what I heard in the investing thread it's years behind TDDI, so I decided not to switch.
The $100k with IE caught my attention ... not in a good way lol
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
mzmoney wrote: The $100k with IE caught my attention ... not in a good way lol
well if you do have 100k invested in RRSP/TFSA couch-potato style, it is a good option for an af waived premium cc and the account goodies. Better than getting nothing with the rest of the Big 5 banks :lol:
Aug 3, 2019
728 posts
455 upvotes
Montreal
I am already CIBC client so i was asking on chat for my girlfriend, just an FYI:
If you apply at the branch there will be no credit check. However, online and phone applications will require a credit check.
Oct 5, 2008
270 posts
108 upvotes
North York
We were planning on consolidating our accounts into CIBC in the future, so this 1-year free no-minimum thing is perfect!

Also, I see no difference in the CIBC Smart Plus and the Smart except more transactions. The credit card is free for the first year anyways so planning on just using this Smart Account and switching it to a joint Smart Plus in the future after the 1 year.

Win win. Thanks for sharing!
Aug 3, 2019
728 posts
455 upvotes
Montreal
bakadude wrote: We were planning on consolidating our accounts into CIBC in the future, so this 1-year free no-minimum thing is perfect!

Also, I see no difference in the CIBC Smart Plus and the Smart except more transactions. The credit card is free for the first year anyways so planning on just using this Smart Account and switching it to a joint Smart Plus in the future after the 1 year.

Win win. Thanks for sharing!
With smart plus you get 120$ cc rebate every year, basically thats it. Its kinda like the VIP version of RBC.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2323 posts
1308 upvotes
With smart plus you get 120$ cc rebate every year, basically thats it. Its kinda like the VIP version of RBC.
vip rbc there is still a Monthly Fee after Multi Product Rebate of $19.95/month.. smart plus seems more comparable to the td, without the need for 6k if 100k in investments
Nov 9, 2017
240 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton
According to the terms, your account must remain open, active and unconverted. Can someone please explain the term 'active'. ???
Koodo, Public Mobile, Telus, Tangerine Bank, HSBC, Mylo,
Drop, WealthSimple, Swagbucks, AwardWallet,
Nov 22, 2007
302 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
can anyone confirm if paytm works as pre authorized debit
Feb 28, 2020
15 posts
37 upvotes
User772911 wrote: Thank you wait for your update. I just applied as well but cannot pick up the card until weekends “CIBC Smart™ Account - 12-Month Promotional Fee Rebate Offer”
My issue is this: On the offer page: https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/ ... rc=M392:11
there is a link to a PDF with the terms & conditions for the offer - the title in the PDF specifically lists it as "CIBC Smart™ Account 12-Month Fee Rebate and $300 Offer". However, when I tried to sign up and it 'changed' the offer for me, I looked at the PDF for that offer as well, which was very similar - however the title was simply "CIBC Smart™ Account 12-Month Fee Rebate Offer", with no mention of the $300.

This strongly suggests to me that I would not be getting the $300 if I had finished the application. Even if they told me otherwise in-person at the branch, I don't think I could trust what they say.
Mar 13, 2004
329 posts
239 upvotes
Applied and received Aeroplan Gold Visa recently. After signed up the online banking, noticed there was an offer of $100 Amazon gift card for opening a CIBC Smart account. The offer was still showing when I logged on yesterday. However, after I clicked the link, the offer became this 12-month fee rebate plus $300 bonus. So I went ahead and opened a smart account. But the offer became the one without the bonus but the effective date is last year.

I believe CIBC is just behind updating their website and inconsistency is everywhere. As long as the Smart account is opened after February 29, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. (ET) stated on their term and condition, they should honor it.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
2264 posts
1511 upvotes
How strict is CIBC on reenforcing repeat bonuses?

I think I got their bonus around 2017.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)