Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 8:06 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2306 posts
257 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: No. Minimum payment / statement balance is recurring payment option and it is always done on the statement due date. And if you pay the balance early, this option will not work.
not sure i understand this, are you saying i should be paying my cc balance on the due date? there could be processing delay and wouldn't this be risky?

anyways it looks like my one time payment to CTFS and PAYTM is being flag as

Electronic Funds Transfer PREAUTHORIZED DEBIT

So i'm assuming it works? i have my insurance setup to auto pay as well to be on the safe side that I hope that 2 of the 3 is ok.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12655 posts
3427 upvotes
Scarberia
I applied using op link for my mom and now it turned into a cibc smart seniors account... Not sure if I'll get the 300 bonus now smh

They keep sending me emails but not the damn card yet.. I don't want to go into a branch

Thank you for choosing CIBC for your banking needs, we’re happy you’re with us! To help you set up your new CIBC Smart™ Account with CIBC Smart for Seniors, we’ve included many convenient features:
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Feb 16, 2014
309 posts
220 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: I applied using op link for my mom and now it turned into a cibc smart seniors account... Not sure if I'll get the 300 bonus now smh

They keep sending me emails but not the damn card yet.. I don't want to go into a branch

Thank you for choosing CIBC for your banking needs, we’re happy you’re with us! To help you set up your new CIBC Smart™ Account with CIBC Smart for Seniors, we’ve included many convenient features:
This is to verify identity, age, etc.
Oct 12, 2005
371 posts
312 upvotes
Lower Mainland BC
mikka2017 wrote: I applied using op link for my mom and now it turned into a cibc smart seniors account... Not sure if I'll get the 300 bonus now smh

The $300 bonus disappearing from the promo happened to everyone on this forum, however CIBC reps have reassured me that the bonus will still be applied if you meet the criteria. It also applies to the seniors account.

Did you get this email? I got this two days after the application. I then got the PIN a week later but the card took two weeks to arrive.
We have received your online application and were able to open your CIBC Deposit Account. You will receive your Access Card in the mail and can begin using your account immediately.

Upon receiving your Access Card, visit CIBC Online Banking® for 24/7 access to your account.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12655 posts
3427 upvotes
Scarberia
ejohan wrote: The $300 bonus disappearing from the promo happened to everyone on this forum, however CIBC reps have reassured me that the bonus will still be applied if you meet the criteria. It also applies to the seniors account.

Did you get this email? I got this two days after the application. I then got the PIN a week later but the card took two weeks to arrive.
thx, i just got the PIN in the mail today! maybe the card comes next week!

can u do like 10$ min. monthly PADs from your cellphone bill? i might get desperate and do paypal pads
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1382 posts
598 upvotes
Folks who signed up in Feb/March - It’s been 3 months already. Can you confirm what PADs are you using as eligible PADs will waive off monthly fee.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5825 posts
1798 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Correct.

Yes CIBC LOC has free e-transfers.
I used to be able to send e-transfer for free with my CIBC LOC but now it's charging $1.50 plus $5 fee if I use that acccount. Is anyone else seeing this?
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5825 posts
1798 upvotes
Toronto
angel_wing0 wrote: Not me, still free here.
Interesting. I guess I'll have to call in and ask what's happening. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6348 posts
5737 upvotes
Calgary
They have emailed me twice in 24 hours for this promo. Has anyone churned this offer? I did it a year ago so I don’t think I am eligible.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1345 posts
756 upvotes
For anyone that’s an RBC customer, what’s the easiest way to fund your new account? Is it an e-transfer to yourself?
But my issue is that my phone number automatically deposits e-transfers into my RBC account lol.

Sorry for the noob question.
Oct 12, 2005
371 posts
312 upvotes
Lower Mainland BC
Arkaine wrote: For anyone that’s an RBC customer, what’s the easiest way to fund your new account? Is it an e-transfer to yourself?
But my issue is that my phone number automatically deposits e-transfers into my RBC account lol.

Sorry for the noob question.
You can use an email instead of your phone number, if that’s not set up for auto-deposit. Otherwise, you can either turn off auto-deposit in RBC first, or use a different email address for transfers you want to deposit at CIBC.

If you use Gmail, you can use the dot trick: say if your email is joesmith@gmail.com, then send your new transfer to joe.smith@gmail.com, and it’ll still work, as gmail ignores the dot.

Lastly, you can use a mobile cheque deposit instead if you have RBC cheques (it might be held for a few days though).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1345 posts
756 upvotes
ejohan wrote: You can use an email instead of your phone number, if that’s not set up for auto-deposit. Otherwise, you can either turn off auto-deposit in RBC first, or use a different email address for transfers you want to deposit at CIBC.

If you use Gmail, you can use the dot trick: say if your email is joesmith@gmail.com, then send your new transfer to joe.smith@gmail.com, and it’ll still work, as gmail ignores the dot.

Lastly, you can use a mobile cheque deposit instead if you have RBC cheques (it might be held for a few days though).
Appreciate the suggestions.
I went ahead and used one of my email address that are not tied to my RBC account.
As you mentioned, this worked fine!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7552 posts
5030 upvotes
Canada
headleygrange wrote: Folks who signed up in Feb/March - It’s been 3 months already. Can you confirm what PADs are you using as eligible PADs will waive off monthly fee.
Interested to know as well....

Specifically

Paytm
Eqbank
PayPal

as I have seen conflicting info about these.

TD CC should be fine I think?