Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 11:08 pm
Aug 16, 2020
141 posts
21 upvotes
Is there a minimum amount required for PADs to qualify for bonus?
Feb 28, 2012
248 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Batalius wrote: I forwarded the link to the lady who opened the account lol she played stupid, she says she wasn't aware the offer still active
long story short, she changed it and everyone is happy
Staff are like that...I spoke with tellers at three different branches about the offer. One even told me that I need to keep balance of $3000 during promotion period. I didn’t point it out to him and just laughed and walked away.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1293 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
Does a CTFS credit card bill payment from your CIBC cheque account, qualify as a recurring pre-authorized debit for the $300 offer?
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️ . (I'm sorta re-thinking this)

CTFS CA and grandfathered Triangle WE .🔻
Jun 13, 2019
517 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
alucky17 wrote: Can anyone confirm they received the $300 using Tangerine and EQ as PADs?
komodor wrote: I would like to know too. TIA.
I did Tangerine PAD along with Amex PAD.. but there was hassle to get the bonus since the person who opened my account, he applied different promo in my account. Finally, the issue got escalated to Branch Manager and they fixed the issue manually..
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2003
1691 posts
166 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Full terms and conditions (link in OP) ... or here: https://www.cibc.com/content/dam/person ... 020-en.pdf

From there: C/P:

2. Eligibility

This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) from 2015 to the
time of opening the Account, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account
, as determined by CIBC
at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records ...
Thanks. I just got this offer in email and stopped me wasting my time.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2094 posts
761 upvotes
Is there a credit check? I was opening up the application and it's saying I have to agree to a credit check
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4678 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Seks wrote: Is there a credit check? I was opening up the application and it's saying I have to agree to a credit check
Online, yes there is.

If you go into a branch (takes 20-30min) no credit check required.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2094 posts
761 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: Online, yes there is.

If you go into a branch (takes 20-30min) no credit check required.
Why should there be a check for a checking account since there isn't a credit you can use or withdraw?

I guess I'll go into a branch
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4313 posts
1842 upvotes
opened account in early April, and still no bonus yet.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4678 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Seks wrote: Why should there be a check for a checking account since there isn't a credit you can use or withdraw?

I guess I'll go into a branch
They give most people a $500 overdraft that they don’t want/need.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1091 posts
196 upvotes
weihui wrote: 2. Eligibility
This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) from 2015 to the time of opening the Account, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account, as determined by CIBC at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records. CIBC employees and retired employees are not eligible for the Offer. This Offer can be combined with, the CIBC Homeowner® Banking Bundle or the CIBC Smart Account fee rebate offer. Unless otherwise indicated, this Offer cannot be combined with any other chequing account offer, rebate or reward. Individuals who meet the foregoing eligibility requirements and otherwise comply with these Terms, as determined by CIBC at its sole discretion, may be referred to as “Eligible Client(s)”. For joint accounts, all accountholders must be Eligible Clients to qualify for the Offer.

Not a lot RFDers can make it
I had the chequing account in 2016 and closed sometime later. I am not qualified technically but when I was in branch in Jul 2020 opening the eSavings the rep kept insisting me opening this smart account and now I received an email to my name pursuading to open this smart account for $300, does it mean I will be qualified for the $300 bonus at the bank discretion? what do you guys think?
Sep 16, 2019
755 posts
857 upvotes
Paulty25 wrote: Great deal, thanks for posting about it! Nice to add this on top of the 20,000 aeroplan sign up bonus for their visa too!
since they are doing a credit check for overdraft protection on the chequing account, would that suffice for a credit card sign-up? Or is that a different process that would required a second credit check inquiry?
canuckcolehead wrote: They give most people a $500 overdraft that they don’t want/need.
Does anyone know if there is any way to decline this overdraft protection/credit check and still get the deal? Perhaps in person, or is it unavoidable?
john.canad wrote: Does Netflix count as a recurring PAD?
Or Amazon Prime?
Jul 2, 2019
111 posts
145 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit
Parrajara wrote: since they are doing a credit check for overdraft protection on the chequing account, would that suffice for a credit card sign-up? Or is that a different process that would required a second credit check inquiry?

Does anyone know if there is any way to decline this overdraft protection/credit check and still get the deal? Perhaps in person, or is it unavoidable?

Or Amazon Prime?
i booked a branch appointment :
opened a chequing account (overdraft you can decline), savings account, and signed up for a credit card with a HP from Borrowell as CIBC CLIENT ASSESSME entry (only one credit check for the CC & all accounts). Called telephone banking (1-800-465-2422) & made sure there's a note in my account profile about the $300 :-)
Sep 16, 2019
755 posts
857 upvotes
4Fox1RF wrote: i booked a branch appointment :
opened a chequing account (overdraft you can decline), savings account, and signed up for a credit card with a HP from Borrowell as CIBC CLIENT ASSESSME entry (only one credit check for the CC & all accounts). Called telephone banking (1-800-465-2422) & made sure there's a note in my account profile about the $300 :-)
That is awesome, thank you! Couldn't figure out what a "HP from Borrowell as CIBC Client ASSESME" is, could you please elaborate?

If there is a sign-up offer for CIBC credit cards, I would qualify for both the chequing and CC offer upon sign up?