Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 10:56 pm
Jul 2, 2019
110 posts
141 upvotes
dadididit dadidadit
Parrajara wrote: That is awesome, thank you! Couldn't figure out what a "HP from Borrowell as CIBC Client ASSESME" is, could you please elaborate?

If there is a sign-up offer for CIBC credit cards, I would qualify for both the chequing and CC offer upon sign up?
HP (i.e. Hard Pull or Hard Credit Check) from CIBC showing as CIBC CLIENT ASSESSME in Borrowell (Equifax) account for the CC.

i don't see why you will not qualify for a chequing account.. but there are eligibility requirements for a CC :-)
Sep 16, 2019
722 posts
822 upvotes
4Fox1RF wrote: HP (i.e. Hard Pull or Hard Credit Check) from CIBC showing as CIBC CLIENT ASSESSME in Borrowell (Equifax) account for the CC.

i don't see why you will not qualify for a chequing account.. but there are eligibility requirements for a CC :-)
Thank you once again!

I hope that I can get both sign up bonuses, granted that I meet the CC requirements (which should be fine).
Jan 2, 2018
30 posts
22 upvotes
Just tried applinyg but after I submit my application it says "oops something weng wrong" and wants me to go into branch. Ugh did anyone had this experience?
Jun 11, 2017
39 posts
24 upvotes
So from what I have read tangerine amex, fido good for PAD.. any amount will do?
Dec 20, 2018
206 posts
325 upvotes
I called and what the rep said:

-extended to end of November

-no minimum PAD amount (50$ at others)
-can withdraw money once 300$ has been paid
-will take about 7 months (or so)
Dec 15, 2017
146 posts
134 upvotes
Stittsville
A stupid question, I get paid in check, if I load it via CIBC app, will it qualify for the promo offering?
Dec 15, 2017
146 posts
134 upvotes
Stittsville
angel_wing0 wrote: no, it's not a auto deposit.
Thanks for clarification. That sucks, will have to find a way to meet criteria :)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1188 posts
263 upvotes
phht wrote: I had the chequing account in 2016 and closed sometime later. I am not qualified technically but when I was in branch in Jul 2020 opening the eSavings the rep kept insisting me opening this smart account and now I received an email to my name pursuading to open this smart account for $300, does it mean I will be qualified for the $300 bonus at the bank discretion? what do you guys think?
Funny. Same thing - got a call from a branch rep and said I had a "special offer". I repeatedly told her I had an account and closed back in late 2019.
I got the rep to double-check.....she kept insisting I was good with the offer as long as I did the required PAP or Payroll deposit.
I conceded and opened the account but I made sure I kept her contact information and made notes for myself.
If I don't get the bonus, she's going to hear it from me and will escalate to her branch manager if necessary.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1089 posts
194 upvotes
Warped wrote: Funny. Same thing - got a call from a branch rep and said I had a "special offer". I repeatedly told her I had an account and closed back in late 2019.
I got the rep to double-check.....she kept insisting I was good with the offer as long as I did the required PAP or Payroll deposit.
I conceded and opened the account but I made sure I kept her contact information and made notes for myself.
If I don't get the bonus, she's going to hear it from me and will escalate to her branch manager if necessary.
Thanks for sharing, I figure I wait for next year for which I may be qualified, save the hassle for chasing after them
Mar 23, 2004
41621 posts
7613 upvotes
Markham
Warped wrote: Funny. Same thing - got a call from a branch rep and said I had a "special offer". I repeatedly told her I had an account and closed back in late 2019.
you should get something in writing.
Jun 11, 2017
39 posts
24 upvotes
Putting a recurring deposit from tangerine to cibc biweekly, counts as a direct deposit requirment?
Mar 23, 2004
41621 posts
7613 upvotes
Markham
Joker83 wrote: Putting a recurring deposit from tangerine to cibc biweekly, counts as a direct deposit requirment?
THe CIBC says it wont work, but there are some ppl here said it counts...so i would say, ymmv.
Oct 26, 2010
376 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
I got $400 bonus back in 2014(I guess) with tim horton credit card then closed account 2015,
Am I still eligible to get this bonus?
Jun 11, 2017
39 posts
24 upvotes
h2oever wrote: I got $400 bonus back in 2014(I guess) with tim horton credit card then closed account 2015,
Am I still eligible to get this bonus?
I would say yes man. Its been 5 years since ure account closed.