Expired Hot Deals

[CIBC] CIBC Earn $300 and 12 Month Fee Rebate with a CIBC Smart Account

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 9:46 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1187 posts
263 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: you should get something in writing.
Good idea. I am going to send an email to the rep and have her confirm the details that we went through.
Oct 26, 2010
376 posts
94 upvotes
Langley
Joker83 wrote: I would say yes man. Its been 5 years since ure account closed.
Is there any detail restriction of previous customer?
Oct 11, 2005
733 posts
1356 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
h2oever wrote: Is there any detail restriction of previous customer?
You might be borderline... per point #2 in the Terms and Conditions:
This Offer is only open to residents of Canada who: (i) have reached the age of majority; and; (ii) from 2015 to the
time of opening the Account, were not a holder (or joint holder) of a CIBC chequing account, as determined by CIBC
at its sole discretion on the basis of its official records.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1322 posts
565 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: not yet.
I believe some members got an email saying continue with PADs for 300. Didn’t receive any such email yet.
Jul 2, 2015
30 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
I got hard pull credit checked by CIBC just for opening a chequing account. (I told several times to the advisor to NOT credit check me for just account opening) Is this normal? can I complain and make them to remove this enquiry from my credit report?
Mar 23, 2004
41607 posts
7601 upvotes
Markham
headleygrange wrote: I believe some members got an email saying continue with PADs for 300. Didn’t receive any such email yet.
Dont think i got that email either.
PaFJ3022 wrote: I got hard pull credit checked by CIBC just for opening a chequing account. (I told several times to the advisor to NOT credit check me for just account opening) Is this normal?

can I complain and make them to remove this enquiry from my credit report?
It's normal for the advisor to screw up...all you can do now is complain. Dont think the hard hit can be removed from your credit report.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1322 posts
565 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Dont think i got that email either.
Anyways, as long as you didn’t get charged monthly fee starting 4th month is a good indication that you’ve met the condition.
Oct 12, 2005
337 posts
287 upvotes
Terrace
b33zlebub wrote: Hah ;) just got my $300. Credit shows as IBB BACK OFFICE.
When did you guys sign up? Mine was opened May 25 and nothing so far...
@ryansluman
Oct 5, 2014
508 posts
962 upvotes
Ontario
I started fulfilling the requirements in March, they have until the end of the month before I call in because they did technically say it could take up to 7 months before the cash reward.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12065 posts
3249 upvotes
Scarberia
so do i need to keep doing direct depost for 12months or only first 3 months? if i stop after 3months i still get 300$ but i have PAY the monthly 5$ bank account fees right? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Oct 11, 2005
733 posts
1356 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
mikka2017 wrote: so do i need to keep doing direct depost for 12months or only first 3 months? if i stop after 3months i still get 300$ but i have PAY the monthly 5$ bank account fees right? tia
That's right. The Terms and Conditions do not indicate you need to keep doing the DD or PADs, but they do state you need to keep the account open and "active" for 12+ months (see below). So, you're right... if you stop doing the DD, you'll have to pay $4.95+ in monthly fees (i.e. no longer rebated).
The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Account must remain
open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was
opened. Failing this, an Eligible Client may be disqualified (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) and will not qualify for
the Cash Reward. If the Cash Reward has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the
right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to charge the client’s Account for, or send an invoice to the Disqualified
Reward Client for, $300 CAD.